Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separ

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 41 of 94

@Roxanna35 wrote:

But the situation here is completely different. These are people entering the country illegally many want to apply for asylum whether it is given or not is not the issue. The issue here is that the situation is completely different Have you seen any other country that now is full of Siryan refugees separating families? I don't think so. So why we doing what no one else is doing?

And haven't you seen where in those countries that have Syrian refugees where the crime rate has gone up?  Especially from those demanding those countries bow to their religious practices?  And that has nothing to do in this case.

Do they want political asylum or is it because they are looking for economic conditions?  I would believe the latter in the majority of cases.  They're chasing the golden dream.

I would believe that the U.S. should develop a policy of denying asylum to anyone who illegally comes to this country and instead only grant asylum through application in their native country and bar anyone knocking on our door.

And of course having seen indigenous children while in similar countries I do have a feeling for them, but one soon learns that we can care for them all. 

As far as the comments here, I doubt they are really about the interests of the children or is it more about politics?  There apparently are court decisions that has a bearing on the reason behind the separation of the children when the parents are sent to detention.  Some explanation can be found here...https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2018/06/how-you-can-fight-family-separation-at-the-border.html.

I doubt that anyone would be happy with the children being detained with the parents in adult facilities while they are being processed for a decision on whether to grant aslyum or deportation.  Without doubt there would be an even louder uproar about then. 

The conclusion on my part is that this is pure politics on the part of posters.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 42 of 94

Just learned our current president of the United States has abducted 11,000 children and has them locked in detention centers nationwide where - capacities - are overflowing.

Whose your Daddy!?

Get hold of REI, we're going camping!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 94

ChasKy53 - Is putting children in tent camps and prohibiting them human touch 'making America great again' ?????

For dt's cult, this is ideal.   Brown enemies are locked up and their families are being cut to the bone.  Nobody knows where their parents or siblings are, where they are going next.   What I'm wary of is the US political indoctrination the children are receiving.  Soul wrenching.  They're learning how great is is to live in America, literally.  The message on dt's 'mug mural' is sick.  He is a madman with plans for these human being.  They are completely under his control.  There is no denying his intent is to inflict as much suffering as he is allowed to get away with.  Or else?

He will never get all he wants from any new immigration bill.  The souls will continue to accumulate, shrivel and die.  Even if he was to make the Deal he wants, what would be the plan for the many thousands now incarcerated?  How many have been abducted, how many have already died and how long can he grab 1000 bodies a day?  There are people who know those answers.  Cowards who scratch their heads and say, ya but, what should consequences be?  It IS TIME to March.  Even the UN is calling for dt's barbaric, inhumane actions against his perceived 'enemies' STOP.  Maybe the rest of the world feels sorry for us.  How hard it must be to resist our evil dictator.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Shouldn't we be fair then and if an American citizen is detained, then instead of separating their children from them, the children should go along and stay with them in confinement?   And the same should apply to illegals?

Should citizens be treated differently? Where is the concern for their children then?

Why are the liberals here more concerned for people from other countries while ignoring our citizens? Doesn't the saying that charity begins at home apply?

Come on Tx,  don't mix apples and oranges.  These are people that are seeking asylum not people that have been detains for drug usage, or child abuse or negligence. Of course those children will be safer if they are not with their parent.s 
But the situation here is completely different. These are people entering the country illegally many want to apply for asylum whether it is given or not is not the issue. the issue here is that the situation is completely different Have you seen any other country that now is full of Siryan refugees separating families? I don't thinks so. So why we doing what no one else is doing?

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Just because there is a rule against touching the kids doesn't mean staff follows it.   The federal Prison Rape Elimination Act certainly hasn't eliminated prison rape.

Shouldn't we be fair then and if an American citizen is detained, then instead of separating their children from them, the children should go along and stay with them in confinement?   And the same should apply to illegals?

Should citizens be treated differently? Where is the concern for their children then?

Why are the liberals here more concerned for people from other countries while ignoring our citizens? Doesn't the saying that charity begins at home apply?

Most progressive jurisidictions already do that, keep families together in the community, and they do effective community supervision while ensuring public safety and court appearances.  It's not charity.  It's smart, humane, cost effective criminal justice.   

Sessions doesn't have to reinvent the wheel.  It's out there and it works.   And it saves taxpayer dollars.    Everyone wins.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 94

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Just because there is a rule against touching the kids doesn't mean staff follows it.   The federal Prison Rape Elimination Act certainly hasn't eliminated prison rape.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

You are naive if you think they aren't being sexually assaulted by staff and one another. 

You didn't read my post, especially the last sentence?

So whose responsibility for putting these children in a precarious situation?  The Border Patrol or the parents who brought the children illegally to this country?

Why is everyone so naive that these illegals aren't aware of what to expect when detained?

Our morals and values should not be dependent on what other people do.  Even if other people are wrong in bringing their children to the border, that doesn't mean we are justified in doing something wrong, too.    We are supposed to be better than that.  We need to be better than that.   

Sessions adopted a simple zero tolerance policy without understanding, or caring, what the impact would be on children.  Is that who we want to be as a nation?   Can't he and his staff do some thoughtful research into better practices that minimize trauma to innocent children?   Are they not smart enough to do that?  Are they not moral enough to do that?  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 94

@ManicProgressive wrote:

You are naive if you think they aren't being sexually assaulted by staff and one another. 

You didn't read my post, especially the last sentence?

So whose responsibility for putting these children in a precarious situation?  The Border Patrol or the parents who brought the children illegally to this country?

Why is everyone so naive that these illegals aren't aware of what to expect when detained?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

And I am sure you can validate your opinion with some kind of documentation or other reliable source?

If you have ever been in these third world countries you would know that they are mostly more aware of our immigration laws and how to get around them than any citizen here. 

These people are aware even before leaving their homes of the best routes to take, what to say to the border patrol and immigration people.  They are even indoctrinated on how to pull on the heart strings of liberals in this country.

As far as the children, perhaps they should stay with their families and placed in detention facilities along with pedophiles and other unscrupulous people?  You don't think there is a reason for the rules against touching by supervisory personnel? 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 94

@ChasKy53 wrote:

And I am sure you can validate your opinion with some kind of documentation or other reliable source?

If you have ever been in these third world countries you would know that they are mostly more aware of our immigration laws and how to get around them than any citizen here. 

These people are aware even before leaving their homes of the best routes to take, what to say to the border patrol and immigration people.  They are even indoctrinated on how to pull on the heart strings of liberals in this country.

As far as the children, perhaps they should stay with their families and placed in detention facilities along with pedophiles and other unscrupulous people?  You don't think there is a reason for the rules against touching by supervisory personnel? 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.