Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separ

Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 31 of 94
John posted..

‎06-17-2018 05:47 PM
I have followed this back and forth but really not gotten involved much, but it now seem to be going off the rails with the far right becoming much more outspoken and in a way that shows we have a very serious problem in the US. Let me give all why I look at it that way. During WW2 my father served. He was a medic. His unit took a German concentration Camp with some live prisoners in it. He was very much involved treating the inmates, and he also had a camera so took lots of photos. I have seen the photos for years. The ovens some with bodies in them, piles of dead bodies, mass graves, survivors begging for food as our troops arrive. Our top Commanders made every German living in the near by town come and visit that camp. Guess what they all from the town mayor down said they never new what was going on there, yet there were towns people who worked there. The Towns people were made to help by our Commanders. They dug graves, moved dead bodies, cleaned the camp area etc. The photos taken by my father we gave to the DC Holocaust museum when he passed. I had the chance when in Israel to visit the Holocaust muesium there. Really moving.

If you look at how this all started in Germany they just made small changes to their system of handling people so as not to cause alarm with the general public. It just morphed from there as soon all the ones Hitler wanted to get rid of (Jews, Gypsies, Gay, etc.) were being sent to the camps for reeducation etc. Some were called work camps. The road to Hitlers Mtn. home was built by people from a work camp(now called slave labor. Yes I have been on that road.) They even used the camps for medical research. I am sure you have read the stories of the horrors that turned into.

As all of this started there were what I call enablers who told all there was nothing evil going on and it was just the left making a lot of it up (keep in mind Hitler was far right and so were his enablers). This country is in that stage now and you see more of it every day from Trump. What is being posted in here now by some of the far right is moving quickly on a parallel to what took place in Germany as Hitler took over. I would really suggest take a depth breath and stop. Do you really want to hurt kids, do you really want to break up families, do you really want camps built that can be turned into the German death camps just about overnight. Do you really want part of the Govt. police arm enforcing all of this, and not having it bother them. Keep in mind it is a short step from doing it to people arriving at the border to doing it to Americans who do not agree with you. Each day we have been taking steps to do that just as Germany did. All should join to stop all of this type of govt now, or a lot of you will find yourselves being taken away. Yes even a lot of enablers in Germany did not make it due to later policies Hitler put in to place after he took full power. THINK THINK.

=========================
Yes, THINK THINK!

FYI We have immigration laws. You should be thankful for that unless you want open borders...is that what you want? If so why?

FYI The children are in camps or what ever you want to call they because their parents broke our laws.

Posting to you is like talking to a post..just saying.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 32 of 94

@Roxanna35 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Oh,snap. Melania just completely dogged Trump over this issue. Said she wants a country with heart. 

She   better be careful  she is not indispensable.

True.  Since the Trump adminstration has now begun to review naturalized citizens in an effort to catch fraud and strip their citizenship, her working while on a non-working visa might be a problem.  She might find herself back in Slovenia. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 94

What's the fuss?  Social Services often separate children from abusive parents.

Guatemalan mothers abused their children by needlessly dragging them across Mexico, when they were out of imminent danger as soon as they crossed Mexican-Guatemalan border.  And, nobody has proven to me that Mexico would capture them and send them back to Guatemala.  Do you mean to tell me that Mexico is more competent at capturing Spanish speaking illegal immigrants than the US is?   How gullible do you think I am?  And, nobody has even proven to me that there are no safe places in Guatemala.  

You are getting sleepy.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 94

Tx,  dear don't change the subject.. we are speaking about the detention camps for those refugees in the countries that are housing them. I am sure that they don't go out at night to committ crimes.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 94

I have followed this back and forth but really not gotten involved much, but it now seem to be going off the rails with the far right becoming much more outspoken and in a way that shows we have a very serious problem in the US. Let me give all why I look at it that way. During WW2 my father served. He was a medic. His unit took a German concentration Camp with some live prisoners in it. He was very much involved treating the inmates, and he also had a camera so took lots of photos. I have seen the photos for years. The ovens some with bodies in them, piles of dead bodies, mass graves, survivors begging for food as our troops arrive. Our top Commanders made every German living in the near by town come and visit that camp. Guess what they all from the town mayor down said they never new what was going on there, yet there were towns people who worked there. The Towns people were made to help by our Commanders. They dug graves, moved dead bodies, cleaned the camp area etc. The photos taken by my father we gave to the DC Holocaust museum when he passed. I had the chance when in Israel to visit the Holocaust muesium there. Really moving.

If you look at how this all started in Germany they just made small changes to their system of handling people so as not to cause alarm with the general public. It just morphed from there as soon all the ones Hitler wanted to get rid of (Jews, Gypsies, Gay, etc.) were being sent to the camps for reeducation etc. Some were called work camps. The road to Hitlers Mtn.  home was built by people from a work camp(now called slave labor. Yes I have been on that road.) They even used the camps for medical research. I am sure you have read the stories of the horrors that turned into.

As all of this started there were what I call enablers who told all there was nothing evil going on and it was just the left making a lot of it up (keep in mind Hitler was far right and so were his enablers). This country is in that stage now and you see more of it every day from Trump. What is being posted in here now by some of the far right is moving quickly on a parallel to what took place in Germany as Hitler took over. I would really suggest take a depth breath and stop. Do you really want to hurt kids, do you really want to break up families, do you really want camps built that can be turned into the German death camps just about overnight. Do you really want part of the Govt. police arm enforcing all of this, and not having it bother them. Keep in mind it is a short step from doing it to people arriving at the border to doing it to Americans who do not agree with you. Each day we have been taking steps to do that just as Germany did. All should join to stop all of this type of govt now, or a lot of you will find yourselves being taken away. Yes even a lot of enablers in Germany did not make it due to later policies Hitler put in to place after he took full power.  THINK  THINK.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 94

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Oh,snap. Melania just completely dogged Trump over this issue. Said she wants a country with heart. 

She   better be careful  she is not indispensable.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 94

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 94

@MIseker wrote:

i believe charity begins at home. See how Trump is housing the homeless? healing the sick? taking care of homeless vets? treats people well? hypocrit. As long as republicans are in charge those will only be campaign issues.

You are attempting to say 'look over there'!!  Ok, then what are you doing to help these illegals in their home country so they won't have to illegally come to ours?  This is not only the fault of the Republicans but of both parties who has been playing politics with the problem.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Not Happening said, "Keeping illegals out is making America great again!"

How is that making America great again?

the number of illegals entering the country has gone up this year over last.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Just because there is a rule against touching the kids doesn't mean staff follows it.   The federal Prison Rape Elimination Act certainly hasn't eliminated prison rape.

Shouldn't we be fair then and if an American citizen is detained, then instead of separating their children from them, the children should go along and stay with them in confinement?   And the same should apply to illegals?

Should citizens be treated differently? Where is the concern for their children then?

Why are the liberals here more concerned for people from other countries while ignoring our citizens? Doesn't the saying that charity begins at home apply?

i believe charity begins at home. See how Trump is housing the homeless? healing the sick? taking care of homeless vets? treats people well? hypocrit. As long as republicans are in charge those will only be campaign issues.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.