Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separ

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 21 of 94

Once again, a Trump Cult refused to defend or explain his comments. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 22 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Not Happening said, "Keeping illegals out is making America great again!"

How is that making America great again?

I can't splain it to ya if ya can't figure it out!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 23 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Try Ike.

We were both wrong, it was a General Walton Walker.  Ike only visited on concentration camp and it wasn't Buchenwald.  I believe you know good and well that the locations sat up to accomodate these illegals are nothing even approaching the German Concentration Camps.

I would believe that you are carrying your partianship bias too far.

Oh but they do. Hitler started the same way. The camp I referred to where the workers came from that built the road to his Mtn. home was one of the first and not like the end ones. Hitler did it in steps, just like Trump will do. The  German people did not wake up till it was two late due to the far right enablers preaching like you are. The time to stop a Dictator is at the very beginning. NOW.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 94

@john258 wrote:

Try Ike.

We were both wrong, it was a General Walton Walker.  Ike only visited on concentration camp and it wasn't Buchenwald.  I believe you know good and well that the locations sat up to accomodate these illegals are nothing even approaching the German Concentration Camps.

I would believe that you are carrying your partianship bias too far.

Now, what does bringing up Hitler, et al, have to do with what is being discussed? 

How do you suggest housing these illegals and their children while they are being processed for asylum or deportation?

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

That is a compliment when it comes from someone who is far right enabler. It is the enablers under the leadership of Trump who want these camps, but Trump wants to be the Dictator and use the camps as Hitler did. Sad to see people who still support the type of Govt. Germany had that our forfathers had to fight and die to end.

Much has been posted by those on the left comparing conservatives to Hitler.  But wouldn't it be fair that Hitler came to power by accusing opposing parties as enemies of the state, etc much like conservatives are being accused here.  If we are going to proceed in that manner, who are the ones emulating Hitler gaining power? 

This topic has gone in all directions from illegals to comparing Trump and supporters to Hitler.

We are not talking about conservatives, as they are against what is going on also. We are talking about far right Reb. who as the experts tells us are: Mostly white (KKK Type), uneducated, rural, easy to lead, poor, can not think for themselves, etc. Trump has taken them over and made them his enablers to becoming a Dictator just like Hitler did in Germany. What we see in here is the enablers trying to push forwarded the Trump plan for dictatorship, and a lot of them do not even understand that which is just what Hitler did in Germany.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Our top Commanders made every German living in the near by town come and visit that camp.

That top commander was General George S. Patton.  And our detention camps are nothing like Hitler's concentration camps for one purpose.  The ICE camps are to house illegals while they are being processed to determine whether they qualify for asylum or to be sent back home. 

The Germans after the First World War didn't have as solid a base for a representative government as we have today.  Hitler took advantage of that weakess to seize power. 

The discussion here is not about Hitler, Germany, etc., but handling of the influx of illegals who are bypassing the legal way to enter our country.

Try Ike. Our camps are exactly like what Germany did at the beginning and they  grew just like Trump wants ours to. Yes after WW1 the peace terms were written by far right Govts. and caused much harm that lead to WW2 in about 25 years. Our President Wilson did not want the WW1 terms but he lost to the others, and after WW2 our President had his way, and got good terms and for 75 years no WW. That is the difference between the far right and decent people. In this case a safer world. To the far right enablers you are correct, but to thinking people who understand what is happening you are not correct. Trump is taking advantage of the rise of the far right Reb. in the US just as Hitler did, and the far right is to stupid to realize it. They will when a lot of them march to the camps. In Germany mixed families were broken up. Some to the camps.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 94

@john258 wrote:

That is a compliment when it comes from someone who is far right enabler. It is the enablers under the leadership of Trump who want these camps, but Trump wants to be the Dictator and use the camps as Hitler did. Sad to see people who still support the type of Govt. Germany had that our forfathers had to fight and die to end.

Much has been posted by those on the left comparing conservatives to Hitler.  But wouldn't it be fair that Hitler came to power by accusing opposing parties as enemies of the state, etc much like conservatives are being accused here.  If we are going to proceed in that manner, who are the ones emulating Hitler gaining power? 

This topic has gone in all directions from illegals to comparing Trump and supporters to Hitler.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 94

@KidBoy2 wrote:
John posted..

‎06-17-2018 05:47 PM
I have followed this back and forth but really not gotten involved much, but it now seem to be going off the rails with the far right becoming much more outspoken and in a way that shows we have a very serious problem in the US. Let me give all why I look at it that way. During WW2 my father served. He was a medic. His unit took a German concentration Camp with some live prisoners in it. He was very much involved treating the inmates, and he also had a camera so took lots of photos. I have seen the photos for years. The ovens some with bodies in them, piles of dead bodies, mass graves, survivors begging for food as our troops arrive. Our top Commanders made every German living in the near by town come and visit that camp. Guess what they all from the town mayor down said they never new what was going on there, yet there were towns people who worked there. The Towns people were made to help by our Commanders. They dug graves, moved dead bodies, cleaned the camp area etc. The photos taken by my father we gave to the DC Holocaust museum when he passed. I had the chance when in Israel to visit the Holocaust muesium there. Really moving.

If you look at how this all started in Germany they just made small changes to their system of handling people so as not to cause alarm with the general public. It just morphed from there as soon all the ones Hitler wanted to get rid of (Jews, Gypsies, Gay, etc.) were being sent to the camps for reeducation etc. Some were called work camps. The road to Hitlers Mtn. home was built by people from a work camp(now called slave labor. Yes I have been on that road.) They even used the camps for medical research. I am sure you have read the stories of the horrors that turned into.

As all of this started there were what I call enablers who told all there was nothing evil going on and it was just the left making a lot of it up (keep in mind Hitler was far right and so were his enablers). This country is in that stage now and you see more of it every day from Trump. What is being posted in here now by some of the far right is moving quickly on a parallel to what took place in Germany as Hitler took over. I would really suggest take a depth breath and stop. Do you really want to hurt kids, do you really want to break up families, do you really want camps built that can be turned into the German death camps just about overnight. Do you really want part of the Govt. police arm enforcing all of this, and not having it bother them. Keep in mind it is a short step from doing it to people arriving at the border to doing it to Americans who do not agree with you. Each day we have been taking steps to do that just as Germany did. All should join to stop all of this type of govt now, or a lot of you will find yourselves being taken away. Yes even a lot of enablers in Germany did not make it due to later policies Hitler put in to place after he took full power. THINK THINK.

=========================
Yes, THINK THINK!

FYI We have immigration laws. You should be thankful for that unless you want open borders...is that what you want? If so why?

FYI The children are in camps or what ever you want to call they because their parents broke our laws.

Posting to you is like talking to a post..just saying.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 94

@john258 wrote:

Our top Commanders made every German living in the near by town come and visit that camp.

That top commander was General George S. Patton.  And our detention camps are nothing like Hitler's concentration camps for one purpose.  The ICE camps are to house illegals while they are being processed to determine whether they qualify for asylum or to be sent back home. 

The Germans after the First World War didn't have as solid a base for a representative government as we have today.  Hitler took advantage of that weakess to seize power. 

The discussion here is not about Hitler, Germany, etc., but handling of the influx of illegals who are bypassing the legal way to enter our country.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 94

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Tx,  dear don't change the subject.. we are speaking about the detention camps for those refugees in the countries that are housing them. I am sure that they don't go out at night to committ crimes.

I would believe that I am referring to the subject under discussion.  I do note that someone is going back to Hitler's Germany which is no comparison, which has no relation to the Border Patrol and ICE attempting accommodate the influx of illegals.  And I believe that they have some major problems from the immigrants there also , including the recent killing of a local teenage girl by a 'refugee'.  He hid her body and then fled the country back to his homeland with the assistance of relatives. 

Different countries has to handle these problems in their own way.  I am familiar with those seeking residence in another country.  My brother-in-law escaped Vietnam in the early 1980s and managed to get to Hong Kong.  He was soon sent back voluntarily by the UN and given a small amount of funds with a guarantee of safety by Vietnam.  He opened a small business and was successful, even more so than he would have been here in the United States. 

By the way, I would believe that Europe is suffering the consequences from their liberal acceptance of these refugees, who instead of being absorbed tried to force their ways on the host countries.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors