Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separ

Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 11 of 94
Not Happening said, "When you show the study that illegals contribute more than they TAKE, I'll be more impressed with your so called "logic"

7 WAYS IMMIGRANTS ENRICH 
OUR ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
FACT: IMMIGRANTS CONTRIBUTE TO JOB CREATION.

A report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine found little to no effect on the wages and employment of native-born workers in the long-term by undocumented immigrants. Immigrants are also entrepreneurs who create jobs. According to a study of the bipartisan immigration bill passed in the Senate in 2014, provisions in the bill could potentially bring between 336,000 and 470,000 undocumented immigrant entrepreneurs into the formal economy. Given that the average immigrant-owned business hires 11 employees, these businesses would account for between 3.7 million and 5.2 million jobs in the formal economy.

FACT: UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS ARE PAYING TAXES.

Undocumented immigrants pay an average of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes a year. On average, an undocumented individual has about 8% of their income go to taxes. Moreover, all immigrants—regardless of status—will contribute approximately $80,000 more in taxes than government services used over their lifetime.

FACT: IMMIGRANTS ARE HELPING TO SUSTAIN THE SOCIAL SECURITY TRUST FUND.

In 2010, undocumented individuals paid $13 billion into retirement accounts and only received $1 billion in return. Indeed, over the years, immigrants have contributed up to $300 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund. Without the contributions of immigrants going into the system, it is estimated that full benefits would not be able to be paid out beyond the year 2037.

FACT: THE NUMBER OF UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS IN THE UNITED STATES HAS REMAINED THE SAME IN RECENT YEARS.

In 2014, there were 11 million undocumented individuals in the United States. This number has remained unchanged from 2009, and represents a decline from 12.2 million undocumented individuals who resided in the United States in 2007.

FACT: DACA RECIPIENTS ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE ECONOMY.

DACA recipients—people who came to the United States at a young age and applied for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals—paid a $465 fee with their applications, meaning that the program has not cost taxpayers a single cent. Since the program began in 2012, more than 750,000 individuals have had their applications for DACA approved—and the U.S. economy has benefitted. The cost of ending the DACA program would eliminate at least $433.4 billion from the GDP over the course of a decade.

FACT: IMMIGRATION REFORM WOULD REDUCE THE DEFICIT.

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bipartisan immigration bill that passed in the Senate in 2014 would have helped reduce the deficit by $197 billion, increased investment by 2%, and increased overall employment by 3.5% by the year 2023.

FACT: IMMIGRANTS ARE LESS LIKELY TO COMMIT CRIMES THAN NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS.

Studies have confirmed that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans and they are associated with lower crime rates. Additionally, in counties that have put in place policies to limit cooperation with immigration enforcement and to uphold the Fourth Amendment, there are lower crime rates than in counties without “sanctuary policies.”

https://www.unidosus.org/issues/immigration/resources/facts

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 12 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Is anyone surprised that Not Happening ignored my avalanche of facts and logic? Of course not, all he could do is point out how a handful of illeal aliens voted at some vague point in time. 

FACT: Yes it costs money to help take care of illegal aliens (health care, schools, etc.) but every reputable study shows they contribute MORE to the economy than it costs to take care of them.

Show your study that shows that illegal aliens contribute more to the economy then they cost us taxpayers. If there is a study, it may show LEGAL immigrants contribute more than they take.

I'm sure this concept is too complex for NH.

This concept is trivial for Not Happening but too complex for Critical to understand (weak in logic). When you show the study that illegals contribute more than they TAKE, I'll be more impressed with your so called "logic" (which hasn't worked too well in the past)!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 13 of 94

Is anyone surprised that Not Happening ignored my avalanche of facts and logic? Of course not, all he could do is point out how a handful of illeal aliens voted at some vague point in time. 

FACT: Yes it costs money to help take care of illegal aliens (health care, schools, etc.) but every reputable study shows they contribute MORE to the economy than it costs to take care of them. I'm sure this concept is too complex for NH.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 14 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Let me start with MS13. They are evil personified, however, they make up a tiny fraction of illegal immigrants. Since it's my turn, we're going to use facts and logic instead of emotion. 

• Almost 50% of all illegal immigrants came here legally, but their visas expired.
  • All reputable studies of illegal aliens prove that on balance, they are a plus, not a minus to our economy.
  • Illegal aliens pay social security taxes, but they do NOT collect SS.
  • Illegal aliens pay more in local and states taxes then it costs to help take care of them. 
  • Illegal aliens are NOT allowed to vote (Not Happening believes they do but not in the real world)

Critical is so naive that he doesn't realize that Democrats have dead people voting so why not illegals.

There's no proof that illegal aliens hurt the American economy. All studies indicate they are an overall plus. So keeping them out does NOT make America great. In fact, aliens help make America the great country it is.

So you have answered my questions. You believe that we should pay for the support of illegal aliens (education, welfare, medical, etc). I'm not surprised to get a totally illogical answer from the left. Illegal aliens do NOT make America great. Legal immigrants make America great. So, now you know.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 94

Let me start with MS13. They are evil personified, however, they make up a tiny fraction of illegal immigrants. Since it's my turn, we're going to use facts and logic instead of emotion. 

• Almost 50% of all illegal immigrants came here legally, but their visas expired.
  • All reputable studies of illegal aliens prove that on balance, they are a plus, not a minus to our economy.
  • Illegal aliens pay social security taxes, but they do NOT collect SS.
  • Illegal aliens pay more in local and states taxes then it costs to help take care of them. 
  • Illegal aliens are NOT allowed to vote (Not Happening believes they do but not in the real world)

There's no proof that illegal aliens hurt the American economy. All studies indicate they are an overall plus. So keeping them out does NOT make America great. In fact, aliens help make America the great country it is.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I want to remind Not Happening I asked him the question first. Why does he refuse to answer a basic question such as how does keeping out illegal aliens make America great again? All he did was ask me a series of questions, that's not an answer.

I did answer but you couldn't figure the answer out.

I don't like MS13. I don't like being overrun with illegal aliens that will vote your way (Democrat). I don't like like taking care of illegals more than our citizens. I don't prefer illegals over Americans. I don't like like paying for illegal aliens. I don't want to pay for their education, healthcare, and welfare?

I assume you still can't figure it out?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 94

I want to remind Not Happening I asked him the question first. Why does he refuse to answer a basic question such as how does keeping out illegal aliens make America great again? All he did was ask me a series of questions, that's not an answer.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm still waiting for Not Happening to answer the question. I never expected him to answer it because an answer will require the application of logic and some analysis.

Instead of patting yourself on the back as a member of the Obama/Hillary cult, why don't you tell me why you think having illegal aliens here benefits the country. I can't see any benefit and since you (as a Obama/Hillary cult member) think there are, why not tell us?

Do you like MS13? Do you like being overrun with illegal aliens that will vote your way (Democrat)? Do you like taking care of illegals more than our citizens? Do you prefer illegals over Americans? Do you like paying for illegal aliens? How about their education and healthcare and welfare?

I think by now you figured out the answer to the question you asked me!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 94

I'm not holding my breath, but I'm still waiting for Not Happening to answer the question. I never expected him to answer it because an answer will require the application of logic and some analysis. That eliminates certain people.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 94

The Obama/Hillary cult is so pathetically stupid that they can't figure out why America is great without all the ILLEGAL ALIENS! Unbelievable.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.