Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migrant Child Separ

Reply
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
282
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

282 Views
Message 1 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:


Well how about the people who take advantage of weakness in our laws to come in? Yes they could be smarter than the illegals but in reality they have done the same thing. If you have money and buy a Condo from Trump you get a green card with it. If you have someone supply you with a spouse to marry you come in, and then divorce the person. If you find a lonely GI in your country you can marry him and come in. So what you say is not true. It is the person not how the person got here.


People with money to invest has been allowed entry under Democratic presidents.  Invest so much in American businesses and you get a green card.  Been a rule for decades.  As to a 'lonely GI' marrying a foreign lady, they have to go through channels for permission, which includes a background check by their commander.  Too many lonely GIs away from home for the first time is the reason.  Some have been around a lot and rarely have that much to do with indigenous women.  And the INS even has restrictions on marrying for entry....there has been many deported because of fraud. 

 

 


Well you showed where you stand. Far right enablers. I do not see anything wrong with people entering who invest in American business and get a green card. Now read what I said. Buying property from Trump that is not investing in American Business. Quite a few of the people buying from Trump are money laundering and that is not legal. There have been rings of lonely women who  have done this, and quickly became unlonely after arriving here and the divorce sets in. I will say it is a lot less with the GI. Want to bet more have stayed due to fraud. Sad to see you as part of the fr right enablers.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
282
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
302
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

302 Views
Message 2 of 94

@john258 wrote:


Well how about the people who take advantage of weakness in our laws to come in? Yes they could be smarter than the illegals but in reality they have done the same thing. If you have money and buy a Condo from Trump you get a green card with it. If you have someone supply you with a spouse to marry you come in, and then divorce the person. If you find a lonely GI in your country you can marry him and come in. So what you say is not true. It is the person not how the person got here.


People with money to invest has been allowed entry under Democratic presidents.  Invest so much in American businesses and you get a green card.  Been a rule for decades.  As to a 'lonely GI' marrying a foreign lady, they have to go through channels for permission, which includes a background check by their commander.  Too many lonely GIs away from home for the first time is the reason.  Some have been around a lot and rarely have that much to do with indigenous women.  And the INS even has restrictions on marrying for entry....there has been many deported because of fraud. 

 

 


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
302
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
310
Views

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

310 Views
Message 3 of 94

I believe MS-13 started in Los Angeles in the 1980s and is currently a world wide organization of thugs. The Obama's Treasury Department in 2012 sanctioned the gang as a transnational criminal organization.

 

Today, the Justice Department estimates roughly 30,000 members worldwide and more than 10,000 in the US. However, they don't know how many are home grown and how many came here illegally. But we do know there are approximately 11 million undocumented immigrants in the US. Even if all ten thousand are here illegally, they only make up about a fraction of 1% of illegal immigrants. I did that in my head, so I hope I'm correct.

 

Per the FBI's most recent statistics, the roughly 10,000 MS-13 members are just a fraction of the estimated 1.4 million members of US gangs nationally. 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
310
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
323
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

323 Views
Message 4 of 94

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

So keeping them out does NOT make America great. In fact, aliens help make America the great country it is.

To the contrary, LEGAL aliens help make America the great country it is.  ILLEGAL aliens subvert our laws and allows all sorts in unchecked, including criminal elements.  The purpose of immigration laws is to prevent those who are up to no good.  Along the border area, they come in commit crimes then flee back to Mexico.


Well how about the people who take advantage of weakness in our laws to come in? Yes they could be smarter than the illegals but in reality they have done the same thing. If you have money and buy a Condo from Trump you get a green card with it. If you have someone supply you with a spouse to marry you come in, and then divorce the person. If you find a lonely GI in your country you can marry him and come in. So what you say is not true. It is the person not how the person got here.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
323
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
329
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

329 Views
Message 5 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

So keeping them out does NOT make America great. In fact, aliens help make America the great country it is.

To the contrary, LEGAL aliens help make America the great country it is.  ILLEGAL aliens subvert our laws and allows all sorts in unchecked, including criminal elements.  The purpose of immigration laws is to prevent those who are up to no good.  Along the border area, they come in commit crimes then flee back to Mexico.

 

Their children crowd our classrooms and take away resources from our children, plus lowering the teaching standards to their level.  

 


“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
329
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
337
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

337 Views
Message 6 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Here's the conclusion of another immigration study.

 

Most of the research suggests that the fear that immigration (illegal aliens are not immigrants) will drastically harm native wages and job prospects is by and large unsubstantiated. In fact, much work has shown the labor market is dynamic, and that native workers and employers take measures to evade any competitive forces from immigration.

 

While some pundits and presidential candidates will likely continue to claim immigration is harming our economy, that won't alter the evidence economists have uncovered in study after study. By the same token, claims that immigrants are flooding across our southern border (so we need a giant wall to keep them out) doesn't change the fact that illegal immigration to the U.S. has actually been falling for the past 9 years. .


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
337
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
342
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

342 Views
Message 7 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Not Happening apparently has a comprehension problem. Le'ts help him (let's help him? Are you running a class?) read what was written in the study. Let's start by explaining to him (acting like an unqualified professor again?)that an Undocumented Immigrant is an illegal alien. Here are 3 examples. 

 

1. Undocumented immigrants pay an average of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes a year. On average, an undocumented individual has about 8% of their income go to taxes. 

How much do they TAKE from state and local taxes?

 

2. In 2010, undocumented individuals paid $13 billion into retirement accounts and only received $1 billion in return. Indeed, over the years, immigrants have contributed up to $300 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund

And will also TAKE money from that fund in the future!

 

3. DACA recipients, people who came to the United States at a young age and applied for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals paid a $465 fee with their applications, meaning that the program has not cost taxpayers a single cent. Since the program began in 2012, more than 750,000 individuals have had their applications for DACA approved, and the U.S. economy has benefitted. The cost of ending the DACA program would eliminate at least $433.4 billion from the GDP over the course of a decade.

I'm really glad that you proved to yourself that illegal aliens are good for the country but you don't show costs for now and the future including jail expenses for MS13 as well as the crimes they commit.

 

As long as the Obama/Hillary cult is happy, I'm happy!


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
342
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
343
Views

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

343 Views
Message 8 of 94

Here's the conclusion of another immigration study.

 

Most of the research suggests that the fear that immigration will drastically harm native wages and job prospects is by and large unsubstantiated. In fact, much work has shown the labor market is dynamic, and that native workers and employers take measures to evade any competitive forces from immigration.

 

While some pundits and presidential candidates will likely continue to claim immigration is harming our economy, that won't alter the evidence economists have uncovered in study after study. By the same token, claims that immigrants are flooding across our southern border (so we need a giant wall to keep them out) doesn't change the fact that illegal immigration to the U.S. has actually been falling for the past 9 years. .

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
343
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
357
Views

Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

357 Views
Message 9 of 94

Not Happening apparently has a comprehension problem. Le'ts help him read what was written in the study. Let's start by explaining to him that an Undocumented Immigrant is an illegal alien. Here are 3 examples. 

 

1. Undocumented immigrants pay an average of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes a year. On average, an undocumented individual has about 8% of their income go to taxes. 

 

2. In 2010, undocumented individuals paid $13 billion into retirement accounts and only received $1 billion in return. Indeed, over the years, immigrants have contributed up to $300 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund

 

3. DACA recipients, people who came to the United States at a young age and applied for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals paid a $465 fee with their applications, meaning that the program has not cost taxpayers a single cent. Since the program began in 2012, more than 750,000 individuals have had their applications for DACA approved, and the U.S. economy has benefitted. The cost of ending the DACA program would eliminate at least $433.4 billion from the GDP over the course of a decade.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
357
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
365
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

365 Views
Message 10 of 94

@CriticalThinking wrote:
7 WAYS IMMIGRANTS ENRICH 
OUR ECONOMY AND SOCIETY
FACT: IMMIGRANTS CONTRIBUTE TO JOB CREATION.

A report by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine found little to no effect on the wages and employment of native-born workers in the long-term by undocumented immigrants. Immigrants are also entrepreneurs who create jobs. According to a study of the bipartisan immigration bill passed in the Senate in 2014, provisions in the bill could potentially bring between 336,000 and 470,000 undocumented immigrant entrepreneurs into the formal economy. Given that the average immigrant-owned business hires 11 employees, these businesses would account for between 3.7 million and 5.2 million jobs in the formal economy.

FACT: UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS ARE PAYING TAXES.

Undocumented immigrants pay an average of $11.64 billion in state and local taxes a year. On average, an undocumented individual has about 8% of their income go to taxes. Moreover, all immigrants—regardless of status—will contribute approximately $80,000 more in taxes than government services used over their lifetime.

FACT: IMMIGRANTS ARE HELPING TO SUSTAIN THE SOCIAL SECURITY TRUST FUND.

In 2010, undocumented individuals paid $13 billion into retirement accounts and only received $1 billion in return. Indeed, over the years, immigrants have contributed up to $300 billion to the Social Security Trust Fund. Without the contributions of immigrants going into the system, it is estimated that full benefits would not be able to be paid out beyond the year 2037.

FACT: THE NUMBER OF UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANTS IN THE UNITED STATES HAS REMAINED THE SAME IN RECENT YEARS.

In 2014, there were 11 million undocumented individuals in the United States. This number has remained unchanged from 2009, and represents a decline from 12.2 million undocumented individuals who resided in the United States in 2007.

FACT: DACA RECIPIENTS ARE CONTRIBUTING TO THE ECONOMY.

DACA recipients—people who came to the United States at a young age and applied for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals—paid a $465 fee with their applications, meaning that the program has not cost taxpayers a single cent. Since the program began in 2012, more than 750,000 individuals have had their applications for DACA approved—and the U.S. economy has benefitted. The cost of ending the DACA program would eliminate at least $433.4 billion from the GDP over the course of a decade.

FACT: IMMIGRATION REFORM WOULD REDUCE THE DEFICIT.

According to the Congressional Budget Office, the bipartisan immigration bill that passed in the Senate in 2014 would have helped reduce the deficit by $197 billion, increased investment by 2%, and increased overall employment by 3.5% by the year 2023.

FACT: IMMIGRANTS ARE LESS LIKELY TO COMMIT CRIMES THAN NATIVE-BORN AMERICANS.

Studies have confirmed that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans and they are associated with lower crime rates. Additionally, in counties that have put in place policies to limit cooperation with immigration enforcement and to uphold the Fourth Amendment, there are lower crime rates than in counties without “sanctuary policies.”

 

https://www.unidosus.org/issues/immigration/resources/facts

I now understand YOUR PROBLEM. You don't understand the difference between ILLEGAL ALIEN and LEGAL IMMIGRANT.

 

Please look up each to be better informed!

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
365
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Coronavirus Call-in Event

AARP will host a weekly, live Coronavirus Information Tele-Town Hall on Thursdays at 1 pm (ET). Learn more on AARP's Coronavirus Tele-Town Hall page and join us each week for the latest information.

Calling is toll-free. During the 90-minute live event, government experts will answer your questions and address health concerns related to COVID-19.