Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 61 of 94

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Before Sessions implemented a zero tolerance policy (charging every criminal charge they can instead of handling it civilly) the adults were released into the community to await their immigration hearings.  So their kids could be with them.  Not separated.  That's why they've separated more than 2,000 kids from their parents in the past 2 months.  

So apparently it is more important to Republicans to criminally charge undocumented immigrants than it is to keep parents and children together.   Please don't ever claim to be pro-family.

We only claim to be "pro citizen family" and NOT "pro illegal alien family"!

Image result for pro family

They just make it up as they go.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in DC, 1/27/2017
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi: "I Don't Even Know Why There Aren't Uprisings All Over The Country" Over Migra

Message 62 of 94
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/casa-padre-inside-the-brownsville-texas-facility-sheltering-illegal-imm...

Part of the link...

By KRIS VAN CLEAVE CBS NEWS June 14, 2018, 6:39 PM
Inside the former Walmart holding 1,500 immigrant children in Texas
Share Tweet Reddit Flipboard Email
BROWNSVILLE, Texas -- The government released video on Thursday, showing the inside of a U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) facility that's sheltering children who entered the country illegally. It's the first look inside one of these shelters since the Trump administration instituted a "zero tolerance" immigration policy in April, that resulted in the separation of children from parents who illegally crossed the border with them.

The facility is a former Walmart in Brownsville, Texas, not far from the Mexican border. It's nearly filled to capacity. The video selectively highlights young kids doing outdoor activities, receiving medical care and even playing with the residential pet dog. It houses just boys, ages 10 to 17.

The facility, known as Casa Padre, is the largest shelter facility in the U.S. for minors caught crossing the border illegally. But over the last month, the number of boys housed there has increased from around 1,200 to 1,500.

This is the kicker..

"While the majority of children at Casa Padre are kids who arrived at the border unaccompanied, it's estimated about 5 percent, or 70 boys, are living there because they were separated from their parents at the border."

Only 5% were were separated from their parents at the border. Only 70..out of 1,500 !!

---------------------------

Know CBS nightly news a few minutes ago said that in the last 90 days 1,995 minors were separated from 1,940 adult parents.

Its hard to know the truth with the news we get.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 94

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Here is something that has not been covered so far on the people seeking asylum, and crossing the border. If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.  For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

The key words, "CAN BE".....and it's not even in the fine print....

If you read John's post, it said:"If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time."

That is totally wrong and you either didn't read his post or mine carefully!

What I posted is totaly correct per the law.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 94
White House, DHS rip Joe Scarborough for comparing border officials to Nazis

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house-dhs-rip-joe-scarborough-for-comparing-border-off...

Parts of the link..

The White House and Department of Homeland Security on Friday blasted MSNBC host Joe Scarborough for comparing U.S. border officials to Nazis.

“It is appalling that Joe Scarborough would compare sworn federal law enforcement officers — who put their lives on the line every day to keep American people safe — to Nazis," White House spokesman Hogan Gidley said. "This is the type of inflammatory and unacceptable rhetoric that puts a target on the backs of our great law enforcement."

On Friday’s episode of “Morning Joe,” Scarborough said border agents who are separating illegal immigrant parents from their children are like Nazis separating families during the Holocaust.

“Just like the Nazis said that they were taking people to the showers, and then they never came back. You think they would use another trick like, 'Hey, got a Slurpee room over there, we’re going to take them to get a Slurpee.' That would be better than we’re marching them to the showers and we’ll be right back, and they never come back,” Scarborough argued.

A U.S. Customs and Border Protection official denied reports that parents and children have little to no chance to communicate while housed in different facilities.

"We work to make this happen as much as possible, but you have to remember the context. These parents, these individuals are in jail settings like any other person in a detained prison setting. A parent that is being prosecuted is able to contact outside parties at the discretion of the facility," the CBP spokesman said. "As any American citizen who is in detention for any type of crime, their ability to contact may be limited."

Another report officials pushed back on was that facilities do not have clean drinking water available.

"That is just completely false," a DHS official said. "We have some of the highest-quality detention centers in the world for children and maintain those."

Officials said false reports are being put out on minors being separated from adults at ports of entry, the only places where a noncitizen can claim asylum and not be arrested for illegal entry. He said only under three conditions will parties be separated: if the child is in danger, if they can confirm the two are not related, or if the parent is prosecuted for illegal entry.

For parents who are arrested and referred for prosecution, they are given a chance to say goodbye to their children. CBP said claims that Border Patrol agents are "whisking" kids away from parents are untrue.

=========================
Comparing Border officials to Nazis..OMG!
Me thinks that MSNBC and the likes of their commentators like Joe Scarborough are trying to divide our country for better ratings...it seems to be working.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 94
Mr Trump, meanwhile, has falsely claimed that the separation of families at the border was required under Democratic policies. There is no US law that requires such separations, yet he blamed the Democratic Policies and he is suppose to be running the Country

Yet,
Here he goes again, blames it on the Democrats. He being a Republican with their majority being Republic,but it's always the Democrats. Does this air head realize he's suppose to be in charge white he pretends to be in Office.!!
Poor Baby................................................
Go Get Some Rest.
Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 94

The LAW says people seeking asylum in America are to present themselves at the border and request asylum. that's what these people are doing, Der Trumper is ignoring the law, charging the parents as criminals, then using another law that says children cannot be detained with criminals to rip apart the families as a disgusting and vile Republican method of discouraging people to seek refuge in the USA.

Only Republicans think vile and disgusting makes America Great

VOTE OUT THE NRAGOP IN NOVEMBER - or accept being ruled by a vile and disgusting Government that takes pride in their destruction of poor refugee families.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 94

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Before Sessions implemented a zero tolerance policy (charging every criminal charge they can instead of handling it civilly) the adults were released into the community to await their immigration hearings.  So their kids could be with them.  Not separated.  That's why they've separated more than 2,000 kids from their parents in the past 2 months.  

So apparently it is more important to Republicans to criminally charge undocumented immigrants than it is to keep parents and children together.   Please don't ever claim to be pro-family.

Then you aren’t pro family. Just bigoted. One child is valued less than another and that is morally reprehensible.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 94

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 94

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@john258 wrote:

Here is something that has not been covered so far on the people seeking asylum, and crossing the border. If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time.

For the first improper entry offense, the person can be fined (as a criminal penalty), or imprisoned for up to six months, or both.  For a subsequent offense, the person can be fined or imprisoned for up to two years, or both. (See 8 U.S.C. Section 1325, I.N.A. Section 275.)

The key words, "CAN BE".....and it's not even in the fine print....

If you read John's post, it said:"If you cross the border it is a misdemeanor the first time. That is like a speeding ticket not jail time."

That is totally wrong and you either didn't read his post or mine carefully!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 94

@Roxanna35 wrote:

Tx/  you know better that that

Have you seen the pictures of the detained illegals in court?  They are chained together until they are unshackled when appearing before the judge.  Do you think that this would be a sight  to be seen by their children?  Seeing their parents shackled together?

From what I'm reading here, some want the government to be a social service agency when dealing with those who broke the law?   And placing those children in a detainee situation how would they know if there are pedophiles, criminals or whatever in those facilities? 

How would it appear if the government detained families together in those facilities.  From what I've heard, that is what North Korea does.....send entire families to prison.  We don't do that.

As far as those talking attempting to accuse others of Christian behavior should look at Matthew 7:3-5.  Additionally the 13th chapter of Romans says to submit to civil authorities....  Verse 2 of that chapter says that by resisting the authority they are resisting the ordinance of God. 

But those throwing that in is completely off-topic.  This about civil matters, not religion.

“Only Thing We Have to Fear Is Fear Itself”. . . FDR
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors