Get the information you need to help care for your eyes at the AARP Eye Center. Visit it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi or Fudge

Message 21 of 25

I am no Pelosi fan but she knows how to handle a Caucus to get things done. She has proved that, and that is what Dems need now to get things done. The Reb. know that and that is why they do not want her as speaker. They want another Ryan and that is what you get with a newcomer. It does not matter whether she is far left, middle left, or right left to do the job. Having spent time in DC one thing I learned from people in Congress that world is different from anything those of us who never worked there  day to day think it is. Right now she can do the job. She does not make policy the Dems serving in Congress do.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 25

I prefer Fudge, Pelosi doesn't have a progressive bone in her body.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 25

@retiredtraveler wrote:

Ya know, I'm ignorant about Pelosi. There are any number of issues I follow, but I have not paid any attention to her. I heard a comment on one of the news programs that she is not well liked by quite a few people.

Can you enlighten me as to the issues people have, for or against her?

Well that's one of the reasons I think whenever there are changes in Leadership in Congress - the public should have a chance to see & hear from the people in contention

I dont know anything about Mitch McConnell but I hate him because that's what I've been conditioned to believe - I know he won't let any gun legislation or any Mueller protection legislation come up for a vote but I dont know much else - I'd like a opportunity to hear him debate issues instead of just a 2 minute sound bite on the news

As far as Pelosi - she was instrumental in getting Obamacare passed & she was instrumental in getting Hillary Clinton the Nomination - as fast as I'm concerned - one cancels out the other

Pelosi has been in the House for 32 years & yet you dont know much about her - that's right there speaks volumes

I can tell you this Trump was on TV today pushing Pelosi - telling the American people that Pelosi is Tough Smart & Experienced & he thinks he can convince a lot of Republicans to vote for her because she deserves the job

Yeah - Republicans want her in the job because they would rather run against her than on their own records - deserved or not - shes a lightening rod & devisive and what has she done for Americans lately - helped pick & support a nominee who got beat by Trump of all people & helped devise the Democratic Parties National Agenda & Strategy - it was a loser

Fudge is tough & is in the running after only a decade in the House & she's a Black Woman that would help further highlight Republicans Racism

Republicans dont want Fudge they want Pelosi - that's all I need to know

Plus 17 of the new Democratic Progressives took a pledge not to support Pelosi B4 the election - theres a reason Democratic Constituencies dont like Pelosi - shes a old school - good ole boy - top down - leader of the Democratic Machine who talks a good game during elections but produces little when trying to govern

Progressives like me are sick & tired of promises & thoughts & prayers - get stuff done or get out! - No Excuses

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 25

Ya know, I'm ignorant about Pelosi. There are any number of issues I follow, but I have not paid any attention to her. I heard a comment on one of the news programs that she is not well liked by quite a few people.

Can you enlighten me as to the issues people have, for or against her?

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Pelosi or Fudge

Message 25 of 25

Not Sure Why

But the only potential opposition Pelosi has to winning another Term as Speaker of the House - a postion she held from 2007 - 2011 - is Rep. Marcia Fudge, D-Ohio

Pelosi is 78 years old - California

Pelosi has a Bachelor of Art Degree in Political Science from 1962

Pelosi has been in the US House for 32 years

Pelosi has been the Democratic Party Leader in the House for 15 years

Pelosi was the Leader when the Democrats Lost Control of the House in 2011

Shouldn't There Be a Penalty?

Pelosi was the Democratic Party Leader in the House when Trump Won the Presidency and the Republicans took over Control of the Entire Congress

Shouldn't There Be a Penalty?

Marcia Fudge is 66 years old - OHIO

Marcia Fudge earned a Bachelor of Science degree in business from Ohio State University in 1975

Marcia Fudge is a Lawyer earning a J.D. degree from Cleveland State University Cleveland–Marshall College of Law In 1983

Marcia Fudge was the mayor of Warrensville Heights, a middle-class and mostly African-American suburb of Cleveland, from January 2000 until November 18, 2008 - She was the town's first female and first African-American mayor

Marica Fudge has been in the House since 2008 - 10 years

Marica Fudge is the Ranking Member on the House Committee on Agriculture Subcommittee on Conservation and Forestry.

Marica Fudge served as Ranking Member on the House Committee on Education and the Workforce Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary and Secondary Education

Marica Fudge Subcommittee on Health, Employment, Labor, and Pensions

She is also a member of several Congressional Caucuses and a past Chair of the Congressional Black Caucus. 

Time for a Change

A party whose message speaks to technologies and economies and social norms of the future, and whose core constituency is younger and ever more diverse, is still led by politicians reared in an America unrecognizable to most voters today.

I think there should be Public Debates if there are Challenges to US House & Senate Leadership Positions

Democrats currently hold 231 Seats in the House - 218 is a Majority

Source

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Pelosi

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcia_Fudge

( " If I do not believe as you believe, it proves that you do not believe as I believe, and this is all that it proves. Sam Adams )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies