Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Pelosi Implored Trump Not 2 Deport Criminals Y?

Message 1 of 17

@mickstuder wrote:

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Once Again - the Democratic Leadership Exhibits A Lack of Respect For The Rule of Law - The Rules Of The Law - They Passed!

Oh my, and who has NO RESPECT FOR THE RULE OF LAW  "THE MOST,"  The Donald. He has taught THE WORLD well that he has NO RESPECT, so why pick on the Democrats who may just be doing what he does? 

Isn't what's good for the goose is good for the gander? 

No - a Teacher might - SCALE - Grades on a Test ........

But there is a Reason the USA used to be the Envy of the World

We didn't - SCALE - Justice - it was the same for everyone

The Rule of Law is not Discretionary  Based on the Adjudicator 

If that were True then we really should anticipate

There are Obama Judges & Trump Judges and the Rule of Law is not Determined by Statute but by Politics

Believe me - you don't want to live under that kind of a System

Trump is No More Significant in the Grand Scheme ot things then D U S T

4 or 8 years - he's gone with the Wind

Just one more, "Oh  how I hate the Presient" rant while ignoring the Dem's lack of respect for the la pointed out in the post theoretically being rsponded to.  

But our Laws are supposed to Endure indefinetely

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

WHY?

Look at the conditions in the concentrations camps / gulags now.

What if Republicans  add another million people to that. 

Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

Just now ran across another opinion.

In the last few days, President Donald Trump flip-flopped on his order to launch a military strike on Iran and then suddenly delayed his much-hyped mass deportation of undocumented immigrants.

Has the impetuous President who seems to tweet first and think second finally become more thoughtful? Or is Trump beginning to consider the prospect of losing re-election in 2020 and now second-guessing some of his more controversial choices?

Read the rest.  Like I said, it is an opinion, but we were just speculating and wondering why and this is as good an explanation as any other.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Yes it does reek doesn’t it. As Mick stated, the Senate is closed because of mcconnell! The Dems need to come up with immigration legislation? Why if it goes nowhere? Is trump pushing for more money for the Southern border?

Or more realistically is trump just playing it to keep alive for his base. trump really does not seem to want to fix immigration, just keep his mess going so that can fall back to make it an issue whenever he wants. 

Does anyone really believe that trump wants to help fix the immigration issue?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

@MaVolta wrote:

@MsStretch - No way of knowing what spins around in Trump’s head. Possibly it was another distraction to turn the conversation away from Iran and his other issues. He seems to pivot to immigration when he needs to get control of the narrative. 

Two weeks is hardly time to boil water when it comes to bipartisan legislation, so he will blame the D’s...again.

You're right.  No possible way of knowing what Trump is thinking.  His own aides and admin can't keep up with him.  He announces the raid a week in advance (warning and possibly driving the perps underground and making it even harder to find and deport them), then calls it off hours before.  WTF?!  Because Nancy asked him to?  Hahahahaha.

I also heard it refered to as one of his 'bait-and-switch' techniques.  Create a crisis and emerge the hero.  Or like you said, @MaVolta, create a diversion to steer the conversation away from other unpleasantries.

Something's afoot and it smells real fishy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17

@GailL1 wrote:

@MaVolta wrote:

Two weeks is hardly time to boil water when it comes to bipartisan legislation, so he will blame the D’s...again.

It is already there - they just have to dust it off, key in the new numbers and we would have immigration reform.   With a Democratic House majority, it should sail through in no time.  The Senate passed it by a huge BIPARTISAN majority back in 2013 - got a little in it for everybody - the compromise solution - and the great thing about it is that NOTHING gets done UNTIL the border is secure - that is the incentive for all of this citizenship and new immigration categories to get done..

American Immigration Council 07/10/2013 - A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigratio...

Center for American Progress 06/24/2015 - 2 Years Later, Immigrants Are Still Waiting on Immigration...

There is no need to reinvent the wheel when there is already a BIG starting point -

Pipe Dreams & a touch of Dishonesty 

This is not 2013 

The Senate is CLOSED 

Mitch McConnell is pulling a Merrick Garland on every single piece of Legislation in 2019 

Don't believe me - there are a Dozen GOP Senators who said the same thing from Kennedy to Romney 

I think you already know this 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

@MaVolta wrote:

It is already there - they just have to dust it off, key in the new numbers and we would have immigration reform.   With a Democratic House majority, it should sail through in no time.  The Senate passed it by a huge BIPARTISAN majority back in 2013 - got a little in it for everybody - the compromise solution - and the great thing about it is that NOTHING gets done UNTIL the border is secure - that is the incentive for all of this citizenship and new immigration categories to get done..

American Immigration Council 07/10/2013 - A Guide to S.744: Understanding the 2013 Senate Immigratio...

Center for American Progress 06/24/2015 - 2 Years Later, Immigrants Are Still Waiting on Immigration...

There is no need to reinvent the wheel when there is already a BIG starting point -

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17

@MsStretch - No way of knowing what spins around in Trump’s head. Possibly it was another distraction to turn the conversation away from Iran and his other issues. He seems to pivot to immigration when he needs to get control of the narrative. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17

First, let me make clear, that I support the removal of the criminal element and those who have purposely evaded deportation orders, but there is something fishy about this whole Sunday ICE raid deal that I'm having a hard time putting my finger on.  I keep thinking we're not hearing the whole story.

First (and the thing that puzzles me the most), why would you alert the whole country a week in advance of a massive raid coming to major cities (and name the cities)?  That's just stupid.  Did Trump think the perps were going to pack their suitcases and quietly wait for ICE to knock on their door?  It makes no sense.

I also find it hard that a 12-minute call from Nancy would change Donald's mind that easily... if he were serious in the first place.  It's almost like by announcing his plan, he was begging for someone to stop him.  WHY? 

Trump and the Democrats have been butting heads over immigration laws for months with no one budging, going as far as an extended government shutdown and emergency declarations and still no resolution and now, Trump thinks the Democrats are going to come up with an amenable (to him) solution in two weeks?  No, I'm not seeing it.

However, Trump did tweet, "At the request of Democrats, I have delayed the Illegal Immigration Removal Process (Deportation) for two weeks to see if the Democrats and Republicans can get together and work out a solution to the Asylum and Loophole problems at the Southern Border."  At the request of Democrats?!  When has Trump ever done anything at the request of Democrats?  But he is showing he's the 'good guy' here.  So when he resumes his raids, he can say, "I tried. I gave the Democrats a chance and they must not care, so they are to blame".  (He did this ploy with DACA.)

Pelosi did tweet in return. "Mr. President, delay is welcome. Time is needed for comprehensive immigration reform. Families belong together." Sure, families belong together, but if you break the law, it is on you. The cops don't ask someone who has allegedly broken the law whether they have family or not before they arrest them. So Pelosi really makes no sense either. Like 2 weeks is going to be enough time for comprehensive immigration reform anyway?! Hah!

Pelosi also said in a statement: "These families are hard-working members of our communities and our country. The President's action makes no distinction between a status violation and committing a serious crime." Is that it?  Is 'no distinction' a clue? And what is a 'status violation' exactly? Is that like a traffic ticket?

I don't trust Trump, nope, nada, not one bit. But Pelosi is making no sense either, although I don't think she's a total imbecile or still believes in Santa Claus. I just think there's a missing piece (or 2) of the puzzle. JMO & thoughts, of course.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17

@angeleyes64 wrote:

Once Again - the Democratic Leadership Exhibits A Lack of Respect For The Rule of Law - The Rules Of The Law - They Passed!

Oh my, and who has NO RESPECT FOR THE RULE OF LAW  "THE MOST,"  The Donald. He has taught THE WORLD well that he has NO RESPECT, so why pick on the Democrats who may just be doing what he does? 

Isn't what's good for the goose is good for the gander? 

No - a Teacher might - SCALE - Grades on a Test ........

But there is a Reason the USA used to be the Envy of the World

We didn't - SCALE - Justice - it was the same for everyone

The Rule of Law is not Discretionary  Based on the Adjudicator 

If that were True then we really should anticipate

There are Obama Judges & Trump Judges and the Rule of Law is not Determined by Statute but by Politics

Believe me - you don't want to live under that kind of a System

Trump is No More Significant in the Grand Scheme ot things then D U S T

4 or 8 years - he's gone with the Wind

But our Laws are supposed to Endure indefinetely

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors