If you suspect you're a scam target, AARP's fraud helpline is here for you. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Peace and Unity

Message 1 of 35

@Soosie wrote:
Dictator Trump. @john258.......back to Trump. In my opinion, he is like an obsession to some posters. I read your post and if I understand, because I mention peace and unity, I am a dictator and perhaps a preacher????? So what we need in your opinion is more hatred, descention, marching, looting, and chips on our shoulders? Is this your lesson you are trying to make me understand?
Geez, where do you people pull some of this stuff from? Never mind, I think I know.

I think I know as well. Suffice to say, it's from a place where it would be impossible for them to retrieve with their pants up, correct?

Something very strange on this forum...with so many of the libs obsession with HItler, Der Trumper, Third Reich, and on and on ad nauseam.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

@john258 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:

You tell people to accept having a Dictator and just make the best of it. @john258.......Well, well, well. Didn't know I had this much power. I am guessing you can think for yourself and should not worry as much about what someone else posts. I hate to keep bringing this up, but these posts are not read by a HUGE audience and I have not heard of any elected official reading any of them.

That is one  response as it makes no sense. As for power you are correct no one has much power as an Indv., but combined they might have some little part in stopping a Dictator Trump from taking control. Never saw you bring up that not many read the posts. You are correct on that. There is one who spends 20 hours a day in here and I guess he feels really important. I would bet the Russians follow in here and our 20 hour a day poster might even be a bot.

You may well have a valid point regarding the bots. When you consider the fact that the Russians have had an ongoing effort to weaken us as a nation through division and then look at the posters calling other Americans (as well as the President) fascists, Nazis, the President a Dictator, alt-right, wanting to kill old people and the rest of the litany - as I said, the bots may well be very active (and successful) right here on the AARP Discussion Boards.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

@Soosie wrote:

You tell people to accept having a Dictator and just make the best of it. @john258.......Well, well, well. Didn't know I had this much power. I am guessing you can think for yourself and should not worry as much about what someone else posts. I hate to keep bringing this up, but these posts are not read by a HUGE audience and I have not heard of any elected official reading any of them.

That is one  response as it makes no sense. As for power you are correct no one has much power as an Indv., but combined they might have some little part in stopping a Dictator Trump from taking control. Never saw you bring up that not many read the posts. You are correct on that. There is one who spends 20 hours a day in here and I guess he feels really important. I would bet the Russians follow in here and our 20 hour a day poster might even be a bot.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

it is the current "Party line".   A year ago it was "alt-right", now it's "Nazi".

It's reassuring to see that the new direction taken by the republican party and the trump freak show is being recognized and admitted...

Perhaps there is a very slight contact with reality after all...

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

@john258 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

It is the enablers who are forcing Dictator Trump on the USA, and the thinking people fighting that just as  happened in Germany. The thinking people lost in Germany and the country, and world paid a terrible price. No thinking person would agree or support the enablers as they try and bring Dictator Trump to power.

What does Germany have to do with our political scene today? 

Thinking people know, and the enablers do not that is why they are so dangerous. Thinking people allowed you to have a happy life. Enablers would not have allowed that.

You seem to be confusing "thinking people" or are generally rather independent with the more "communal" folks who march in lock step to whatever the Party line is. Right now it's all about Germany. Recently it was all about Russia. Before that it was all about "alt-right".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

torchlight.jpgTolerant Trump supporters.

you are the first person I hve heard describe such people that way - very interesting.

It's good to see that reality is starting to creep in - even though it is as yet a small amount...

He (tRump) is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages...
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

It is the enablers who are forcing Dictator Trump on the USA, and the thinking people fighting that just as  happened in Germany. The thinking people lost in Germany and the country, and world paid a terrible price. No thinking person would agree or support the enablers as they try and bring Dictator Trump to power.

What does Germany have to do with our political scene today? 

Nothing but it is the current "Party line" and some lack the intellectual capacity to go any deeper. A year ago it was "alt-right" now it's "Nazi".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

tolerance.jpgyes, feel the Rights love of peace and unity.

us "rights" do - but what has that picture to do with that?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

torchlight.jpgTolerant Trump supporters.

you are the first person I hve heard describe such people that way - very interesting.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@john258 wrote:

@Soosie wrote:
This is the way it works. Anyone with an opposing opinion on of all places a discussion board is the enemy and is considered one who is creating a problem. Really hard to understand a group who only want one sided opinions on a board. Kinda defeats the purpose of the group in my opinion..

Try reading about how Germany came under the control of its Dictator in the 1930. You will find that there were people saying just what you are saying we need peace an unity, and work with each other. Even the P.M. of GB said that after his meeting with Hitler. Peace in our time. Well we saw how that turned out. A lot of the people preaching that did so on the trains to the camps, and even as they entered the death chamber. The time has long passed where what you preach was true, and to follow what you say now is how we keep Dictator Trump.

What does that mean? Did the left wing mobs beat up Trump voters in Germany in the '30s?

Does the content of that post suggest that it wouldn't have been a very good thing for the future well-being of United States of America had they done so?

Kudos
Views