If Krugman predicted it, not worry.
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly

Re: Paul Krugman: Trump will bring global recession

Message 2 of 21

@CriticalThinking wrote:

See if you can read this.

Trump dropped out of the TPP, which would have provided everything he was allegedly fighting for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Toomey  called the outcome of those Congressional negotiations a "complete capitulation" to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Richard Trumka, the president of the powerful AFL-CIO federation of labor unions."

Who bats a 1.000? Who's perfect in making deals? TPP... when in doubt do nothin' and we will eventually have trade deals with each nation as they develop. I'm not a fan of a collective bargaining agreement with nations, I would prefer to see them as free agents.  We (the USA) loses bargaining strength when we allow many nations to collectively negotiate. 

You have the right to disagree, but that's water under the bridge. Time to move on and do a deal with individual nations. 

India is on the clock. We're winning a lot.

Libs search for the light of day in the dead of night
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Paul Krugman: Trump will bring global recession

Message 3 of 21

Read this.

Trump dropped out of the TPP, which would have provided everything he was allegedly fighting for.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Toomey  called the outcome of those Congressional negotiations a "complete capitulation" to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and Richard Trumka, the president of the powerful AFL-CIO federation of labor unions."

Highlighted

Message 4 of 21
Why do y'all only focus on what you perceive as negative?

Highlighted

Message 5 of 21

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Let's see what Trump brought to the Republican Party.

• The largest U.S. Budget ever
  • A One Trillion Deficit
  • What Trade Deals? The only trade deal I see is the one several Republican Senators oppose because Trump caved into every Democratic demand, just so he can say he made a deal.
  •  

https://www.whitehouse.gov/search/?s=trade+deals

I know you cans read but a few from the list :

Japan

South Korea

Canada

Mexico

EU

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Paul Krugman: Trump will bring global recession

Message 6 of 21

Let's see what Trump brought to the Republican Party.

• The largest U.S. Budget ever
  • A One Trillion Deficit
  • What Trade Deals? The only trade deal I see is the one several Republican Senators oppose because Trump caved into every Democratic demand, just so he can say he made a deal.
Highlighted

Message 7 of 21

Desperation? maybe,  but frustration for sure. The economy was stabilized by Obama, but did not bring relief to the American working class. In Obamas own words said with his own pessimistic comments in June of that year. ... Obama  lambasted the then candidate Trump for needing a magic wand. There was no strategy for manufacturing job or fighting against the global economic threat China.

President Trump is a populist... no doubt, but an effective one. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 21

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Both the deficit and the debt are rising significantly under Trump.

Remember when Republicans stood for smaller government, reducing the deficit/debt and free trade? That's no longer true under Trump.

Yes I do. Expect that strategy to take hold after the re election of president Trump. In fact the new trade deals are for the good of all. 

Do you remember when the dems were for the ordinary working men and women, you know, those deplorable smelly wal mart people? Do you think the dems would have lost so many states to an unknown named,  Donald Trump,  if the dems hadn't abandomed them? 

You raise a good point.  Based on the result, voting for Trump must be the last resort of a truly desperate group of people. 

Highlighted

Message 9 of 21

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Both the deficit and the debt are rising significantly under Trump.

Remember when Republicans stood for smaller government, reducing the deficit/debt and free trade? That's no longer true under Trump.

Yes I do. Expect that strategy to take hold after the re election of president Trump. In fact the new trade deals are for the good of all. 

Do you remember when the dems were for the ordinary working men and women, you know, those deplorable smelly wal mart people? Do you think the dems would have lost so many states to an unknown named,  Donald Trump,  if the dems hadn't abandomed them? 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 21

Sounds about right. Between how Trump's initiatives will hurt American trade and his encouraging Britain's demise through Brexit, I would say this prediction is right on. It just takes a while to overcome a strong global economy  such as what Obama left for him. 

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors