AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Reply
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

175 Views
Message 31 of 88

@gruffstuffwrote:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/david-hogg-emma-gonzalez-parkland-florida-shooting-survivors-nra-threat...

 

Parkland shooting survivors say the NRA is "basically threatening" them

 

 

Both Hogg and Gonzalez say the NRA has reached out to them, but not in a positive way. 

 

"The way that they've been reaching out to us is basically threatening us," Hogg said. 

 

"They've been instigating things," Gonzalez added. "And then, when we reply, they like shy back away. They can dish it out but they can't take it." 

 

Hogg says leading the movement is helping them cope with the horrific incident at their school in which 17 people were killed.


    Reminder of the topic of this thread for some who want to distract to a topic that only they want to discuss and then scold others for not discussing their want to change the original topic.

    What we do know is that the NRA has morphed into a lobbying group that is more interested in their own power and less interested in their members.   How can I say that - because poll after poll that queries about improving the check / balance on buying guns includes people who self-identify as NRA members.

 

    What these young people are saying is that Adults have failed them, if the adults are so hardened that they can never admit that they failed them, why should the adults be taken seriously.    I will attend a March for our lives event on Sat., because I am more than willing to admit that YES, my generation has failed the future generations and we should consider what we can do to address the problems we created rather than to be stuck in a bunker.

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
177
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

177 Views
Message 32 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:


The vocal minority are the gun advocates, the majority of Americans want stricter gun regulations, including banning weapons like the one used. You are in the minority, get used to it.

 


Ok, so what are the actual numbers that make you say I'm in the minority?  You and others keep saying 'majority want(s) gun control' but can't produce numbers, only sampling poll numbers.  How did those numbers work out for Hillary? The actual numbers have been presented in many polls that you choose to ignore. Most all news sources have reported that the majority wants the gun controls being discussed and you choose to ignore that. Keep ignoring everything and you will remain uninformed, unless of course you are simply denying what you know. Hillary, once again mentioned by you, has nothing to do with this.

 

Of course nothing coming from anywhere except the liberals are erroneous, RIGHT?  You once again jump to an extreme assumption/accusation. Where is your research?  The "research" or polls and news reports have been posted yet you still deny or ignore them, that's your problem, not mine. You haven't read about knife fights at Parkland?  Yet another extreme comment, the "knife" fights have nothing to do with the gun control laws that the majority of reasonable and intelligent Americans want.


 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
177
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
178
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

178 Views
Message 33 of 88

@ChasKy53wrote:


The vocal minority are the gun advocates, the majority of Americans want stricter gun regulations, including banning weapons like the one used. You are in the minority, get used to it.

 


Ok, so what are the actual numbers that make you say I'm in the minority?  You and others keep saying 'majority want gun control' but can't produce numbers, only sampling poll numbers.  How did those numbers work out for Hillary?

 

Of course nothing coming from anywhere except the liberals are erroneous, RIGHT?  Where is your research?  You haven't read about knife fights at Parkland? 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
178
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
175
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

175 Views
Message 34 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:


 

Only a minority of Americans support and approve of trump...

 

Reality is sufficient unto itself, and stands alone with no need for outside right wing lies for support.

 


I don't believe I mentioned Trump but some here has an obsession with attacking him.  My comments was(sic, were) about those who think they can ban guns and magazines completely, or is(sic, are) obsessed with calling legal gun owners or those they don't support as crackpots.


No one has mentioned banning guns and magazines completely, you go to extremes once more. I have not once called anyone here a "crackpot", but I'm getting close to it.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
175
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
169
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

169 Views
Message 35 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@ChasKy53wrote:


The membership of the NRA is less than 5 million people. One young person's life is worth far more that 5 million NRA members being disappointed over having weapons like AR-15's banned or limited to a magazine capacity of 7 to 9 shells. In fact, one young person's life is worth more that disappointing all gun owners seeing those weapons banned or regulated to smaller magazine capacities.


Of course you think that banning magazines would save lives? Well yes I do, thanks for asking.  You want to confiscate all semi-automatic firearms?  I never suggested such a thing so why do you jump to such extremes?  What's next? Probably another extreme and erroneous assumption from you. Knives which was pulled in a fight at Parkland? Yep, another extreme and erroneous assumption, just as I expected.  Sounds as if the students there are really broken up about the shootings doesn't it? Well, yes they are actually, yet you seem to show no concern at all.

 

Those that are being heard around the nation are a vocal minority, just like here about firearms and other liberal causes. The vocal minority are the gun advocates, the majority of Americans want stricter gun regulations, including banning weapons like the one used. You are in the minority, get used to it.


 


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
169
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
176
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

176 Views
Message 36 of 88

@Olderscout66wrote:

 

 

No guns will be seized, but the gun MECHANISMS and magazines/clips will have to be MODIFIED and future production will no longer operate in the semi-automatic mode or hold more than 8 rounds of ammo.

 

Republicans are the ones who prevent a ban on semi-automatic weapons that can fire more than 8 times before reloading so to end the slaughter of innocents we must eliminate those who support the slaughter - and remove all Republicans from office in November.


The word 'elminate those who support the slaughter' sounds a lot like Nazi propaganda.  Are you advocating eliminating all who doesn't share your philosophy?  And are you advocating the Nazi method of modifying private owned property unilaterally in violation of due process of law?  Why not seize all publications dedicate to gun collecting or guns?

 

Are you aware that continuous firing of 120 rounds a minute would jam the gun and probably warp the barrel?

 

I would believe that the anti-gun ranters is more dangerous to our democracy than all the guns in the nation.  And I don't even own a firearm of any type.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
176
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
179
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

179 Views
Message 37 of 88

The NRAGOP Snowflakes think they're being "punished" because their guns will no longer be able to slaughter infants at 120 rounds per minute. Instead of wanting to help end the massacures occuring daily on our streets, they attack teenagers who have the audacity to demand they be the LAST generation who riskes death, injury and life-long PTSD whenever they pursue an education.

 

No guns will be seized, but the gun MECHANISMS and magazines/clips will have to be MODIFIED and future production will no longer operate in the semi-automatic mode or hold more than 8 rounds of ammo.

 

Republicans are the ones who prevent a ban on semi-automatic weapons that can fire more than 8 times before reloading so to end the slaughter of innocents we must eliminate those who support the slaughter - and remove all Republicans from office in November.

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
179
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
179
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

179 Views
Message 38 of 88

@smcawrote:

Tx, the 2nd Amendment does NOT mention AR-15s by name or description so doesn't "cover" them. 

 

 


 


The Second Amendment didn't cover muskets either or any specific gun.  It does say 'to bear arms' without mentioning any specific type.   Nor does it mention or prohibit 'rifled bored arms'. or six-shooter pistols.  But they have been understood as 'arms' as definded in that amendment.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
179
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
178
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

178 Views
Message 39 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:  That is only a personal opinion about AR-15s.  Owning an AR-15 is covered by the Second Amendment for any LAWFUL purpose.  And there are LAWFUL purposes a person  owns one.  You are infringing upon their rights when you say they don't need one.  There are purposes in just target shooting or even hunting.  Or just owned by a gun collector.

Tx, the 2nd Amendment does NOT mention AR-15s by name or description so doesn't "cover" them.  They weren't around at the time.  Even if it had specified them, there would be no reason for us to continue a policy that has proven disasterous in present day.  However, as stated, the gun in question wasn't even around or thought of when the 2nd Amendment was written so that excuse is strictly "personal opinion" aka wishful thinking.

 

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
178
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
184
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

184 Views
Message 40 of 88

@Centristsin2010wrote:


That's what the family of the guy killed by the police in Wichita asked.....

 

 


That was Wichita and not a small Texas area where everyone knows everyone.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
184
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22

Top Authors