Parkland shooting survivors

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Parkland shooting survivors

Message 71 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Another attempt to skirt around the topic and direct it towards firearms.  Another reveal that a poster has no clue as to the topic subject....

I would believe that the topic is "Parkland Shooting Survivors".   I have been keeping it on topic rather than making it personal about another poster.  Why is it that you continue to make it so? To the contrary,  your talking about the mental state of those committing these crimes is 'off-topic'. The topic is about the NRA and the Parkland survivors, how the NRA is attacking them.

Do you think a normal person would go shooting up a school or a crowd on the street?  Even one with mental illness would be capable of planning something so wrong. Now another off-topic statement, thanks for the example.  But since you mentioned it, how about the "mental state" of white supremacists, homophobes, xenophobes, and skinheads (neo nazis) who have a tendency to commit hate crimes? Should their "mental state"  keep them from being allowed to own firearms?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 88

@ChasKy53wrote:

Most of the mass killings committed in our country have been committed by persons who could pass a background check., even for "mental state". Many also  were of the mindset of white supremacists, neo-nazis, and other wacko identity groups yet those could pass background checks, including for those mental states.   Any suggestions for a solution to this?

So when did you become a psychologist dealing in mental illness?   Your post is mostly partisan based repeating the same words that is used by liberals here about those who doesn't subscribe to their political philosophy.  Can you prove that they are true or is it a method of childish lashing out because one can't adequately and civilly carry on a discussion? 

But do you have any proof that banning certain kind of firearms would cut down on incidents of mass killings?  The bomber in Austin has indicated that firearms is not the only methods that could be used in these type of acts.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Another attempt to skirt around the topic and direct it towards firearms.  Another reveal that a poster has no clue as to the topic subject....

I would believe that the topic is "Parkland Shooting Survivors".   Thanks for confirming you have no idea what the topic is about....any 2nd grader can read the headline.  The topic is about the NRA harassing the survivors and you haven't posted a word about it, but instead have been posting to bait and attack others.  I have been keeping it on topic rather than making it personal about another poster. No, you haven't.....the NRA, Tex, the NRA.  Why is it that you continue to make it so?  I haven't.....it was you with the passive aggressive comments about another posters education background.  Rather lame.

Do you think a normal person would go shooting up a school or a crowd on the street?  Yep!  Even one with mental illness would be capable of planning something so wrong. Some could and some wouldn't have much capability at all.  But again you indicate you have no idea what the topic is about.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

How should the mental illness obviously present in KKK members, believers in "the lost cause", white supremacists, various whacko identity groups, alt-right, nazis. neo nazis and trump supporters be addressed - and how will a cure be effected, if they are not to be permanently locked up due to the real and present danger to the nation they represent?

Are you attempting to change the subject?  Sure sounds like it.  What about liberalism that attacks others who doesn't subscribe to their beliefs?  What about conservatives that attack others who don't subscribe to their beliefs? 

And what does this have in relation to those who have massacred school children in their classroms?  You attempt to divert attention from the mental state of these killers?  Shame.  Most of the mass killings committed in our country have been committed by persons who could pass a background check., even for "mental state". Many also  were of the mindset of white supremacists, neo-nazis, and other wacko identity groups yet those could pass background checks, including for those mental states.   Any suggestions for a solution to this?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 88

@Centristsin2010wrote:

I would believe that the topic is "Parkland Shooting Survivors".   I have been keeping it on topic rather than making it personal about another poster.  Why is it that you continue to make it so?

Do you think a normal person would go shooting up a school or a crowd on the street?  Even one with mental illness would be capable of planning something so wrong. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Thanks, Tex.  You made my point.  Many killers are just normal folks until they get ahold of a gun and kill someone and then the gun nuts want to label them crazy. 

A person would use whatever weapon is available or proficient in.  Take the Austin bomber...apparently he was proficient in explosives and that was his weapon of choice.  Again, you indicate you have no desire to address the topic.  Why is that?

I would believe that anyone choosing to kill would use whatever implement at hand.  Back in 1966 when I was stationed at Clark AB, Philippines there was several Filipinos who went on a killing rampage using a machette on crowded buses.  Again, nothing to do with the topic.

Not attempting to distort facts to prove a point.  Can you offer evidence that I am wrong here?  Are you attempting to distort anything to prove your point?  Alas, you avoided my point at all costs.  Now why is that?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 88

@Centristsin2010wrote:

Thanks, Tex.  You made my point.  Many killers are just normal folks until they get ahold of a gun and kill someone and then the gun nuts want to label them crazy. 

Another attempt to skirt around the topic and direct it towards firearms.  A person would use whatever weapon is available or proficient in.  Take the Austin bomber...apparently he was proficient in explosives and that was his weapon of choice.

I would believe that anyone choosing to kill would use whatever implement at hand.  Back in 1966 when I was stationed at Clark AB, Philippines there was several Filipinos who went on a killing rampage using a machette on crowded buses.

Not attempting to distort facts to prove a point.  Can you offer evidence that I am wrong here?  Are you attempting to distort anything to prove your point? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@Centristsin2010wrote:

The kid who shot two classmates this morning wasn't mentally ill by all accounts to date.  Nor was the man who killed 58 in Las Vegas.  Your point is moot.

The kid shooting two classmates was jealous because of the girl having nothing to .  do with him, preferring the guy he shot.  That isn't a form of temporary insanity?  You are supposed to be the one having majored in psychology in college. 

As for the Las Vegas shooter, do you actually believe that a normal thinking person would do such a thing?  If he wasn't mentally ill would you think he would have done that if not for some type of mental problem?

Thanks, Tex.  You made my point.  Many killers are just normal folks until they get ahold of a gun and kill someone and then the gun nuts want to label them crazy.  Why is that?  Because they want to blame something.  You CHOOSE to distort the facts to support your cause...  Neither of these white males were mentally ill and therefore, there was no need to build additional facilities....no need to expand mental health reporting into the database to purchase a weapon.  Neither would have stopped either of these incidents.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 88

@Centristsin2010wrote:

The kid who shot two classmates this morning wasn't mentally ill by all accounts to date.  Nor was the man who killed 58 in Las Vegas.  Your point is moot.

The kid shooting two classmates was jealous because of the girl having nothing to do with him, preferring the guy he shot.  That isn't a form of temporary insanity?  You are supposed to be the one having majored in psychology in college. 

As for the Las Vegas shooter, do you actually believe that a normal thinking person would do such a thing?  If he wasn't mentally ill would you think he would have done that if not for some type of mental problem?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 88

@TxGrandpa2wrote:

@alferdpackerwrote:

Asked a valid question regarding groups that the FBI has identified multiple times over the past decade as being groups that present a very real potential to be armed terrorists...

That has nothing to do with mentally ill persons who shoot up a classroom.  Just another attempt to divert.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors