WATCH VIDEO: Day 5 of Iowa presidential candidate forum with Montana Gov. Steve Bullock, South Bend Mayor Pete Buttigieg and Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders. 

Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Parking lot suicides - Veterans

Message 1 of 3

These remind of the people in the middle east who just could not stand their corrupt governments and miserable lives, and who did self immolation to make their point. Have we become that bad? 😓

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Parking lot suicides - Veterans

Message 2 of 3

veterans taking their lives on VA property has become a desperate form of protest against a system that some veterans feel hasn’t helped them.”

From time to time we see a mass shooting, and when I see that happen I say to myself if you feel like you need to kill someone then just kill yourself, don't take other people with you.

This is veterans killing themselves and not taking other people with them, a protest, but also a final sacrifice.

If they can change the system to help other veterans they didn't die in vain.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Parking lot suicides - Veterans

Message 3 of 3

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/national/wp/2019/02/07/feature/the-parking-lot-suicides/?noredir...

We need to start paying attention. 

“His death is among 19 suicides that occurred on VA campuses from October 2017 to November 2018, seven of them in parking lots, according to the Department of Veterans Affairs. While studies show that every suicide is highly complex — influenced by genetics, financial uncertainty, relationship loss and other factors — mental-health experts worry that veterans taking their lives on VA property has become a desperate form of protest against a system that some veterans feel hasn’t helped them.”

Kudos
Views
Replies