Reply
Honored Social Butterfly

Pam Bondi Lays Out Case Against Joe Biden, Hunter Biden, Burisma

BY:  Joel Pollock

 

Former Florida attorney general Pam Bondi made the White House’s case to the Senate on Monday afternoon that President Donald Trump had good reason to ask Ukraine to investigate the conflict of interest involving former Vice President Joe Biden; his son Hunter Biden; and the corrupt Ukraine gas company, Burisma.

 

Using clips of testimony from Democrats’ own witnesses, and reports from the mainstream media — including an ABC News interview with Hunter Biden — Bondi argued that Hunter Biden was paid handsomely for little reason other than that he was the vice president’s son. The company was under investigation at the time — and Vice President Biden later famously insisted the prosecutor be fired.

 

She also noted that Hunter Biden was involved in business with Chris Heinz, the stepson of then-Secretary of State John Kerry. Both were involved in Ukraine — and elsewhere — at a time when ending corruption was said to be the top priority of the United States and other western governments in dealing with Ukraine.

 

Bondi also noted that journalists had asked the Obama administration about the Bidens’ conflict of interest, and that American diplomats — including State Department official George Kent and former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who testified in the House impeachment inquiry — had raised concerns as well.

 

Nothing was done, she pointed out, and Hunter Biden only left the board of Burisma in April 2019, the same month that his father announced his campaign for the presidency, when under closer scrutiny than usual.

 

Bondi noted that the House Democrat impeachment managers had referred to “the Bidens and Burisma 400 times” in their presentation in an effort to pre-empt the argument that there was any legitimate basis, other than the president’s own political interest, for asking the Ukraine to investigate them.

 

“All we’re saying is that there was a basis to talk about this, to raise this issue, and that is enough,” Bondi explained.

 

 

 

 

VIMTSTL
Honored Social Butterfly

Always remember that FACTS thoroughly confuse Trump Cult members, so they instead rely upon right wing conspiracy theories. There is zero evidence that Joe Biden did anything wrong. 

 

And there is overwhelming evidence that the Ukraine story is a Dis-Information campaign designed by Vladimir Putin and Russian Intelligence. But don't tell Trump Cult members they are pushing Russian Propaganda, because their only concern is protecting their Supreme Leader in the White House. 

Honored Social Butterfly

There is no case against Joe or Hunter Biden.

 

The gutless draftdodging wussygrabber is getting his dupes in the Senate to do what he could not extort or bribe the President of Ukraine to do.

 

For all the GOPer rants about how corrupt Ukraine WAS, strange that now tRumps minions in the Senate are proving to be MUCH more corrupt.

Social Butterfly


@jimc91 wrote:

BY:  Joel Pollock

 

Former Florida attorney general Pam Bondi made the White House’s case to the Senate on Monday afternoon that President Donald Trump had good reason to ask Ukraine to investigate the conflict of interest involving former Vice President Joe Biden; his son Hunter Biden; and the corrupt Ukraine gas company, Burisma.

 

Using clips of testimony from Democrats’ own witnesses, and reports from the mainstream media — including an ABC News interview with Hunter Biden — Bondi argued that Hunter Biden was paid handsomely for little reason other than that he was the vice president’s son. The company was under investigation at the time — and Vice President Biden later famously insisted the prosecutor be fired.

 

She also noted that Hunter Biden was involved in business with Chris Heinz, the stepson of then-Secretary of State John Kerry. Both were involved in Ukraine — and elsewhere — at a time when ending corruption was said to be the top priority of the United States and other western governments in dealing with Ukraine.

 

Bondi also noted that journalists had asked the Obama administration about the Bidens’ conflict of interest, and that American diplomats — including State Department official George Kent and former Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, who testified in the House impeachment inquiry — had raised concerns as well.

 

Nothing was done, she pointed out, and Hunter Biden only left the board of Burisma in April 2019, the same month that his father announced his campaign for the presidency, when under closer scrutiny than usual.

 

Bondi noted that the House Democrat impeachment managers had referred to “the Bidens and Burisma 400 times” in their presentation in an effort to pre-empt the argument that there was any legitimate basis, other than the president’s own political interest, for asking the Ukraine to investigate them.

 

“All we’re saying is that there was a basis to talk about this, to raise this issue, and that is enough,” Bondi explained.

 

 

 

 


Great. If there's reason to talk about this, to raise the issue, call to them to the stand and have them testify under oath. Call witnesses that back your position. Right now you're just casting aspersions. If what you say is true prove it in a court of law. If not, the Bidens remain innocent until proven guilty. At least that's the way it was in U.S.

 

Under Trump apparently the president can do anything he wants.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Honored Social Butterfly

 

Jim wrote-She also noted that Hunter Biden was involved in business with Chris Heinz, the stepson of then-Secretary of State John Kerry. Both were involved in Ukraine — and elsewhere — at a time when ending corruption was said to be the top priority of the United States and other western governments in dealing with Ukraine.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------One more thing to add about Chris Heinz-When he join the board of corrrupt Burisma and experiencing the ongoing corruption of the government of Ukraine he decided to cut ties and got out when the getting was good .Hunter Biden stayed on for more than 3 more years. Of course being a Heinz and him not needing the dirty money it was a good move on his part.

Social Butterfly

Why wasnt she involved in laying out this case before Trump asked Ukraine to do it?

 

Too late  Pam, a done bun cant be undone.  You weren't in on it till after the fact.  

Go lay out a case why the Dolphins arent in the super bowl.

Honored Social Butterfly

Problems for the GOPerLords -

1.Hunter did nothing illegal, he just cashed in on "name recognition" in the same way all the tRump spawn have done.

2. Joe demanded the corrupt official, now a frequent source of Rudy Giuliani's disinformation, be FIRED for NOT investigating Berisma(sp).

3. tRump committed extortion and bribery using the powers of his office.

4. The "Transcript" they want us to read is locked away in a super-Top Secret file and all we have is the EDITED BY TRUMP version that STILL CONVICTS TRUMP

5. Bolton's book just gives even greater support to all the testimony proving tRump's intent was to extory Ukraine into smearing Joe Biden.

 

So if Romney, Collins, Murkowski(R-AK) and Alexander or Enzi grow spines and allow more witnesses, the GOPers can only try and do for tRump what Ukraine would not - use the power of THEIR office to slander Bonespur's most likely opponent. Meanwhile the National Security Adviser of the ToadPOTUS will nail shut Toad's coffin by adding a totally athorative voice to the evidence donny committed extortion and bribery. Even if this does not remove the Toad NOW, he'll be gone in 2021 when he'll get another rent-free Government housing IN LEVENWORTH.

 

Newbie

is aarp mostly democrat leaches it sure seems that way

0 Kudos
574 Views
2
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

Mark wrote-is aarp mostly democrat leaches it sure seems that way---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Mark,be kind . This site does serve a purpose. Although it is loaded with liberals ,it give them a false sense that they are winning. It keeps them from unending whining until November. As TxGrandpa used to post-the rest of us like to stir the pot.

Honored Social Butterfly

MarkM:   is aarp mostly democrat leaches it sure seems that way

 

 

What a wonderful, articulate introduction. Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Honored Social Butterfly

"No matter if Biden MIGHT win the Democrat nomination,he will never be the President "

 

I'm LOL! This whole thing about Ukraine happened solely because Trump is terrified at the thought of running against Biden. Therefore, they made up a bogus scenario to attack the man. Trump's not afraid of Sanders or Warren, it's Joe Biden who keeps him up at night.

Honored Social Butterfly

CriticalThinking:  Therefore, they made up a bogus scenario to attack the man. 

 

 

Conspiracy theories have been a specialty of conservatives for a long time, but now there's a fool in the WH dumb enough to fall for them and look where it's gotten him. How long before Trump starts quoting QAnon?

Honored Social Butterfly

Critical wrote-I'm LOL! This whole thing about Ukraine happened solely because Trump is terrified at the thought of running against Biden----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------You think that Trump won`t run on the Biden`s corruption ,that started under the Obama administration?   Commercials have already been made about Joe Biden giving Ukraine leader at the time 6 hours to fire the prosecutor. Real Quid ProQuo

Honored Social Butterfly

easyed598:   You think that Trump won`t run on the Biden`s corruption ,that started under the Obama administration?

 

 

Let him. It will be excellent fodder for SNL. You keep forgetting that this stuff is only taken seriously in the conservative bubble, but the rest of us laugh at it.

Honored Social Butterfly

The point, of course, is not even whether there actually IS any evidence for Trump's claims (there isn't) but the fact that Trump used his office in an attempt to extort a foreign power into interference in an American election. The regressives are so dependent upon the "what about" argument that they have nothing else to offer. There is no evidence of any Biden misconduct but there is plenty of evidence of Trump committing impeachable offenses......that is why he was impeached.  

Honored Social Butterfly

ToadPOTUS knows there's absolutily NOTHING criminal in what Hunter Biden did and that Joe demanded the investigation of Ukranine Corruption, including Berisma BEGIN, not stop. He got rid of a corrupt official (who is now the primary source of all Giuliani's press statements), not any investigations of corruption.

 

That is why the gutless draftdodging preppytwit ONLY wanted the ANNOUNCEMENT of an investigation of the Bidens, no follow-up required.

 

GOPers know this even if they've been ordered to deny it.

Honored Social Butterfly

  Breitbart attempts major distraction, as none of the people mentioned are on trial for Impeachment.    Apparently the RW only read RW fake-news.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

jimc91:   “All we’re saying is that there was a basis to talk about this, to raise this issue, and that is enough,” Bondi explained.

 

 

Hate to tell you this, but whatever Joe or Hunter Biden may/may not have done is irrelevant to why Trump is being impeached. They did not pick up the phone and tell the president of Ukriane he needs to investigate the Bidens if he wants the military aid.

BTW, if the Bidens are such a hot issue, why was there not a peep from Republicans in real time? Perhaps they were so busy investigating Hillary's emails and Benghazi they just couldn't squeeze in another investigation? ROFL

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@Panjandrum wrote:

jimc91:   “All we’re saying is that there was a basis to talk about this, to raise this issue, and that is enough,” Bondi explained.

 

 

Hate to tell you this, but whatever Joe or Hunter Biden may/may not have done is irrelevant to why Trump is being impeached. They did not pick up the phone and tell the president of Ukriane he needs to investigate the Bidens if he wants the military aid.

BTW, if the Bidens are such a hot issue, why was there not a peep from Republicans in real time? Perhaps they were so busy investigating Hillary's emails and Benghazi they just couldn't squeeze in another investigation? ROFL


Exactly!  Whether the Bidens are guilty or not (for hypothetical purposes, we'll just ignore the fact that no wrongdoing by the Bidens was found), what does that have to do with IMPOTUS taking it upon HIMSELF to freeze $300 million aid to Ukraine that was already appropriated by Congress?!

 

But is anyone surprised that the defense teams's plan of attack is to mount a smear and distract campaign?  They have nothing else.

 

Abuse of power.  Did anyone in Congress authorize the freeze on funds that they had already appropriated?  Did the Bidens?  No.  It was IMPOTUS alone and only him. 

 

Obstruction of justice?  The GOP moan and groan about the hearsay, but will NOT allow witnesses with firsthand information.  What would the testimony of the whistleblower contribute?  The whistleblower has already said that he/she had NO direct knowledge.  The Bidens' testimony?.  They didn't twist IMPOTUS's arm and make him freeze the money.

 

Of course, the jury foreman and his cohorts have already rendered the verdict, but Donald Trump will always and forever be IMPEACHED.

 

BTW, here's a news alert.  Even though Pam Bondi lays out the case against the Bidens and Burisma, they are not on trial here nor have they been charged with anything.

Honored Social Butterfly

 

MsStretch wrote-Of course, the jury foreman and his cohorts have already rendered the verdict, but Donald Trump will always and forever be IMPEACHED.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And when the jury comes in ,he will forever be acquitted.

0 Kudos
1,161 Views
26
Report
Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

 

MsStretch wrote-Of course, the jury foreman and his cohorts have already rendered the verdict, but Donald Trump will always and forever be IMPEACHED.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And when the jury comes in ,he will forever be acquitted.


So far they are not a "jury" like they're supposed to be, they are cohorts in crime, especially McConnell who stated that he will work hand in hand with the White House and tRump, the guy on trial.


Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

 

MsStretch wrote-Of course, the jury foreman and his cohorts have already rendered the verdict, but Donald Trump will always and forever be IMPEACHED.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And when the jury comes in ,he will forever be acquitted.


Not true. He will not be removed from office, but he will still be impeached. Unless witness are heard Trump will go down in history as the first President to have a sham impeachment trial in the Senate. So in  the end we will have the first mob boss President,  first Dictator President, first Sham impeachment trial, 2nd Impeached President not removed from office. Trump will lead all Presidents in failure to be a decent Prersident.

Esteemed Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

 

MsStretch wrote-Of course, the jury foreman and his cohorts have already rendered the verdict, but Donald Trump will always and forever be IMPEACHED.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------And when the jury comes in ,he will forever be acquitted.


Not necessarily.   

Honored Social Butterfly

To Jim, Kid, or Easy, please relay to us:

What crime did Joe or Hunter commit?

What law did Joe or Hunter break?


Where are charges and indictments?

 

Honored Social Butterfly

williamb: 

What crime did Joe or Hunter commit?

What law did Joe or Hunter break?

 

 

 

I think they'll find it in the rightwing version of the US Code........where they found the law Hillary broke by pouring bleach in her server and Obama for.............................well, just being Obama was breaking the law.

Social Butterfly


@Panjandrum wrote:

williamb: 

What crime did Joe or Hunter commit?

What law did Joe or Hunter break?

 

 

 

I think they'll find it in the rightwing version of the US Code........where they found the law Hillary broke by pouring bleach in her server and Obama for.............................well, just being Obama was breaking the law.


Governing while black is the specific statute.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

0 Kudos
675 Views
0
Report
Honored Social Butterfly

William wrote-To Jim, Kid, or Easy, please relay to us:

What crime did Joe or Hunter commit?

What law did Joe or Hunter break?

Yeah, you knew it. You had forgotten it, because it’s never reported. No, hang on, before you go crazy out there,. Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, “was kicked out of the Navy for failing a cocaine drug test; then he divorced his wife, the mother of their three daughters, after a yearlong affair to marry his brother’s widow. Over the course of the divorce, Biden’s son drained hundreds of thousands of dollars from the couple’s assets by spending extravagantly on his own interests, including drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, strip clubs, and gifts for women with whom he had sexual relations while leaving the family with no money to pay legitimate bills.”

Actually, worse than that. By the way, I have news links for every one of these stories. This one is Delaware Online. Now, all of this is on top of the billions of dollars Joe Biden dubiously arranged from the Ukraine. There is a huge financial scandal. Biden’s up to his neck in Ukrainian scandals, not Trump, and it puts Manafort to shame.And to top it off ,Hunter is now fighting off a paternity suit from one of his many girl friends.

1,161 Views
19
Report
Esteemed Social Butterfly


@easyed598 wrote:

William wrote-To Jim, Kid, or Easy, please relay to us:

What crime did Joe or Hunter commit?

What law did Joe or Hunter break?

Yeah, you knew it. You had forgotten it, because it’s never reported. No, hang on, before you go crazy out there,. Joe Biden’s son, Hunter, “was kicked out of the Navy for failing a cocaine drug test; then he divorced his wife, the mother of their three daughters, after a yearlong affair to marry his brother’s widow. Over the course of the divorce, Biden’s son drained hundreds of thousands of dollars from the couple’s assets by spending extravagantly on his own interests, including drugs, alcohol, prostitutes, strip clubs, and gifts for women with whom he had sexual relations while leaving the family with no money to pay legitimate bills.”

Actually, worse than that. By the way, I have news links for every one of these stories. This one is Delaware Online. Now, all of this is on top of the billions of dollars Joe Biden dubiously arranged from the Ukraine. There is a huge financial scandal. Biden’s up to his neck in Ukrainian scandals, not Trump, and it puts Manafort to shame.And to top it off ,Hunter is now fighting off a paternity suit from one of his many girl friends.


See?  Here's a perfect example of the defense's strategy to smear and distract.  Throw shade on any other guy.  What does any of this have to do with IMPOTUS, the charges against him, and the impeachment trial?

 

The Bidens are not... repeat... NOT on trial here.

Honored Social Butterfly

MsStretch posted..

The Bidens are not... repeat... NOT on trial here.

======================================================

That is true., but the big reason why the Democrats are trying to impeach Trump is about what THEM claim that Trump was trying to get information on the Bidens. I think you would know that.

The left want witnesses so let both side of this witch hunt have them.



0 Kudos
1,542 Views
11
Report
Esteemed Social Butterfly


@KidBoy2 wrote:
MsStretch posted..

The Bidens are not... repeat... NOT on trial here.

======================================================

That is true., but the big reason why the Democrats are trying to impeach Trump is about what THEM claim that Trump was trying to get information on the Bidens. I think you would know that.

The left want witnesses so let both side of this witch hunt have them.




What do you mean by "claim"?!  IMPOTUS DID try to get information on the Bidens and I quote:

 

The other thing.  There's a lot of talk about Biden's son, that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.  Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it... It sounds horrible to me.

Need to read the transcript again?  IMPOTUS brought it up after he dissed the European nations and their leaders.

 

The Bidens have no firsthand knowledge of the phone call.  They weren't listening in.  They weren't even there!  What is the purpose of calling them as witnesses?  To smear and distract from the actions of the IMPOTUS?

 

I think you would know that.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png