Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PROTECT STATES' VOTING SYSTEMS

Message 51 of 69

No Tex the top 17 Intelligence Agencies including the FBI , CIA and DOJ have found strong and convincing evidence that Russia did in fact hack and influence our 2016 National Elections.

What do they know right ? They're only the smartest and most advanced Law Enforcement and Investigative Agencies in the World.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 69

Believe it or not , I was a Lifetime Eisenhower Republican until Bush and Cheney came around and I switched to Independent , but the extreme stereotypes need to disappear If we are ever going to go forward together as One Nation !!!

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 69

@rker321 wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Simple solution advocated by Democrats for any problem....just throw money at it and it will go away!!!

Ok  so instead of criticism  why don't you provide any ideas on how to resolve this issue, unless you don't think that the Russians actually meddled inthe 2016 elections.

Why don't you?  I didn't start this thread.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 69

@mandm84 wrote:

Without proper funding , how else you gonna fight Russian Hacking Tex ? You gonna volunteer your "expertise" or since the Russian's (of all people) favor your Republicans it's ok to dismantle our Democracy ? I smell hypocrisy !!!

You have proof of the Russian hacking? Which party brought it up about that hacking during the campaigns?  You an expert on hacking?

Perhaps a better way would be for the Democratic staff to not open phishing emails.

And was anything said so far about Russian hacking?  This is about state's voting systems which wouldn't necessarily be hacked by Russians, but perhaps Democrats.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 69

@gruffstuff wrote:

Will Your Vote Be Vulnerable On Election Day?

As America heads toward the 2018 midterms, there is an 800-pound gorilla in the voting booth.

Despite improvements since Russia's attack on the 2016 presidential race, the U.S. elections infrastructure is vulnerable — and will remain so in November.

Throw money at a problem, that's not a problem ?

Ok, why don't you describe how our voting system is so vulnerable and what corrective measures will definitely take care of that vulnerability?

Maybe throwing several hundred million to security experts would solve the problem, with cost overruns? 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 69

@BigLib wrote:

Isn't it ironic how the MAGATS will whine, whiz and moan about black people kneeling during the anthem, an anthem that was written during the height of slavery, but see no problem with a long-time US adversary manipulating our elections. Makes ya wonder which country's flag they admire more.

As usual, insults of all sorts, including loyalty to country.  And where have I posted all that? 

And what does it have to do with voting systems or what I posted?

You have nothing better to offer to the topic than that? 

Do you think that any of your posts like that would convince anyone that your opinion is superior to theirs?  It was those type of posts that convinced me that I was running with the wrong crowd here...a crowd that would prefer to demonize others than civilily discuss issues.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 69

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Simple solution advocated by Democrats for any problem....just throw money at it and it will go away!!!

Ok  so instead of criticism  why don't you provide any ideas on how to resolve this issue, unless you don't think that the Russians actually meddled inthe 2016 elections.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 69

Tex spews "Simple solution advocated by Democrats for any problem....just throw money at it and it will go away!!!"

---------------------

Typical Far Right biased and thoughtless rhetoric.

Without proper funding , how else you gonna fight Russian Hacking Tex ? You gonna volunteer your "expertise" or since the Russian's (of all people) favor your Republicans it's ok to dismantle our Democracy ? I smell hypocrisy !!!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 69

So, what is your solution?  Wouldn't the first step be insuring that everyone voting was entitled to vote?  And when using voting machines that there was a paper trail that could be audited?

There seems to be some resistance with insuring that every voter is entitled to vote by using positive ID...

Who do you want to protect democracy from? 

So this is all just changing the subject, the subject is protecting states voting systems, not the obstruction of the polls by Republican voter ID laws or gerrymandering.

Who do you want to protect democracy from? 

Fraud, even with the Republican obstruction and gerrymandering, voting systems are vulnerable to attack, hacking, fraud.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/08/599452050/the-u-s-voting-system-remains-vulnerable-6-months-before-el...

Will Your Vote Be Vulnerable On Election Day?

As America heads toward the 2018 midterms, there is an 800-pound gorilla in the voting booth.

Despite improvements since Russia's attack on the 2016 presidential race, the U.S. elections infrastructure is vulnerable — and will remain so in November.

Throw money at a problem, that's not a problem ?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 69

@Soosie wrote:
The republican solution of throwing thoughts and prayers at problems never makes them go away!!! @BigLib........I wonder why you would reach to the bottom and pull anything about thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers take nothing from your pockbook.

@SoosieHence the adage - you get what you pay for.

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Kudos
Views