It’s Brain Health Awareness Month! Check out Staying Sharp and its new features designed to support brain health.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PROTECT STATES' VOTING SYSTEMS

Message 1 of 69

@rker321 wrote:

But Tx,  we were not speaking about the Media, we were speaking about what the WH Administration was stating publicly,  I don't understand.  those were the people that speak for the President. not the media, you can believe or not the media. but you are now saying that what those people were saying on TV   is not true why would they lie?

The government doesn't always reveal all they know or suspect.  I have no doubt that Russia has been attempting to interfere in our domestic matters, much as we are continually attempting with theirs.  As far as the extent, with politics being involved, I still believe that its best not to get hyper about it but just wait and see.

I don't believe that I'm the only one that is not getting excited about this.  According to USAToday about a quarter of American voters says there is no Russian interference. Time will tell but at the present there is too much politics mixed up in the equation.

Just as most posts here is based on partisanship, so is a lot of the information coming out of Washington is the same.

As far as my views and opinions, it is nobody's concern but mine, but based on analyzing the posts from both sides here I do believe I've arrived at the right decision.  I've noticed that liberals are pretty caustic and opinionated in their views.  The caustic part is what convinced me, especially on the part of some.

Now, why were you pushing for others to vote for Trump during the primaries, but then perhaps voting for Hillary and now anti-Trump?  Same difference.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 69
Image result for changing party cartoon

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 69

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@rker321 wrote:

Tx  the problem that perhaps you have seen with our posts in response to some or your posts is the fact that as old times we have known you for many years. and now it seems that you have done a 360 degrees in all that you used to believe and talked about.

I believe I have the option to have any opinion that I want, and being able to change directions is a sign of an open mind...being able to take in consideration opposing views in doing so.  I don't recall anything that says I have to ask yours or anyone's permission to change my thinking.  But in looking back over the past few years here, I believe I should have done so sooner.

As far as what is being reported in the media, I learned over fifty years ago to take what the media is reporting with a grain of salt.  When I was at the Pentagon, we saw the unfiltered events and could compare them what was being reported by the media.  It was amusing to see the media add emphasis to events we considered not as egregious.  Right now this has assumed a partisan slant the same as the communist witch hunts of the late '40s and early '50s.

It is because of my background that I'm taking a wait and see attitude towards all this partisan witch hunts for a 'russian' behind every tree.  Lived through that with the Joseph McCarthy days.

But Tx,  we were not speaking about the Media, we were speaking about what the WH Administration was stating publicly,  I don't understand.  those were the people that speak for the President. not the media, you can believe or not the media. but you are now saying that what those people were saying on TV   is not true why would they lie?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 69

@rker321 wrote:

Tx  the problem that perhaps you have seen with our posts in response to some or your posts is the fact that as old times we have known you for many years. and now it seems that you have done a 360 degrees in all that you used to believe and talked about.

I believe I have the option to have any opinion that I want, and being able to change directions is a sign of an open mind...being able to take in consideration opposing views in doing so.  I don't recall anything that says I have to ask yours or anyone's permission to change my thinking.  But in looking back over the past few years here, I believe I should have done so sooner.

As far as what is being reported in the media, I learned over fifty years ago to take what the media is reporting with a grain of salt.  When I was at the Pentagon, we saw the unfiltered events and could compare them what was being reported by the media.  It was amusing to see the media add emphasis to events we considered not as egregious.  Right now this has assumed a partisan slant the same as the communist witch hunts of the late '40s and early '50s.

It is because of my background that I'm taking a wait and see attitude towards all this partisan witch hunts for a 'russian' behind every tree.  Lived through that with the Joseph McCarthy days.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 69

@rker321 wrote:

If he did a "360 degrees", that means he is consistent and committed to the same values he has held for many years. I think you may have meant 180 degrees.

We all have always respected your military service, and salute you and honor you for your service. but when you simply deny that your Senate and Intelligence agencies are not telling the truth and disregard   what they are saying you have to understand that we are all surprised by the change.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 69

@Soosie wrote:
The republican solution of throwing thoughts and prayers at problems never makes them go away!!! @BigLib........I wonder why you would reach to the bottom and pull anything about thoughts and prayers. Thoughts and prayers take nothing from your pockbook.

"thoughts and prayers" have never solved a problem.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 69

We all have always respected your military service, and salute you and honor you for your service. but when you simply deny that your Senate and Intelligence agencies are not telling the truth and disregard   what they are saying you have to understand that we are all surprised by the change.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 69

@CriticalThinking wrote:

What does the following have to do with the topic of protecting states voting system?

"You are the one with that condition....anyone even mentions her in anyway and you jump right in.  

What happened with your crying about those dastardly Republicans going to take away your Social Security and Medicare?   Or crying about someone receiving a government pension and health care."

And what does this have to do with the topic?

Hillary on the brain - 24/7 !!

Or this:

True Trump supporter !  It's all fake news unless Trump tells us otherwise. So whatever the Mueller Investigation reveals , dont believe a word unless Trump say's it's true , ok Tex !!

Suggest you start accusing those on the left also instead of being selective of your assumed 'moderating'.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

PROTECT STATES' VOTING SYSTEMS

Message 9 of 69

What does the following have to do with the topic of protecting states voting system?

"You are the one with that condition....anyone even mentions her in anyway and you jump right in.  

What happened with your crying about those dastardly Republicans going to take away your Social Security and Medicare?   Or crying about someone receiving a government pension and health care."

Trump called the Russian probe a hoax last night, contradicting all of our intelligence agencies.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 69

@mandm84 wrote:

Hillary on the brain - 24/7 !!

You are the one with that condition....anyone even mentions her in anyway and you jump right in.

What happened with your crying about those dastardly Republicans going to take away your Social Security and Medicare?   Or crying about someone receiving a government pension and health care. 

Haven't you completely taken the topic off-topic?

Kudos
Views