From ‘liquid biopsies’ to precision medicine, these five developments will change cancer care in the next decade. Learn more.

Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PRESIDENT TELLS NEWS HOW AFRAID HE IS IN WAR ZONE

Message 21 of 29

PRESIDENT TELLS NEWS HOW AFRAID HE IS IN WAR ZONE  

It was nice hearing him tell the truth for once. Smiley Happy

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 29

john258,

Thanks for pointing out Trump's missed meeting with the PM of Iraq. I went back to your earlier post and reread it. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 29

Once again people a lot of back and forth but you all missed one very important item. Trump did not pay a call on the PM of Iraq. He should have as the PM of Iraq is supposed to be a close ally of ours. Now why did he not make the short visit required? There was no danger to him and the distance to the PM Office was short. Are there problems between the two. I posted yesterday that Iraq said it was going to send its Army into Syria to join the Turks, Iranians and Russians after the Kurds. This seems to say problems between US and Iraq could be growing. As I said yesterday if Iraq does this it could be a game changer in the Middle East. Look at the full story on a subject not just what the far right wants to talk about.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 29

@mickstuder wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@angeleyes64

Everyone has some concern when first being in a war zone.  And no doubt especially a civilian.  Even after being in one for some time a person can still be somewhat apprehensive.  If they say they are not, then they are not telling the truth.

I try not to make definitive statements - like "everyone" is a Coward the first time in a War Zone

Nothing was said about anyone being a coward.  Just that there is an apprehension a person's  first time in a combat zone.  How many newbies were afraid of their own shadow when first arriving in-country...  Of course Trump was surrounded by security, but what about the soldier that wasn't?

I would venture to say that anyone posting here would be concerned about being in a combat area.  Words are easy when one is setting in their home making posts on a forum like this.  He was there to be seen, just like Obama, Bush, et al.  A rite of passage for a politician.

As I posted, even someone who spends a lot of time in a hostile fire area acquires a defensive manner based on apprehension.  I've seen long time military NCOs who reacted nervously the first time they were in such situations, to put it mildly.  No, they were not cowards but just had to adjust to the situation like most of us initially had to.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 29

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@angeleyes64

Everyone has some concern when first being in a war zone.  And no doubt especially a civilian.  Even after being in one for some time a person can still be somewhat apprehensive.  If they say they are not, then they are not telling the truth.

I try not to make definitive statements - like "everyone" is a Coward the first time in a War Zone

They aren't - some are too Stupid or Uninformed..........I would have predicted Trump to be in that Camp

Unfortunately, Trump is such a Coward - he's the First US President in History to announce in Public - how afraid he was

In fact most US Presidents have confidence in the US Military - The Secret Service - The NSA - The CIA - The FBI & all the rest of the US Intelligence & Security Agencies tasked with keeping a US President safe especially in a War Zone

Of Course Trump is not a Normal President & who would blame a member of any US Intelligence Agency for not sounding the alarm if they became aware of a threat

Remember this is the Same Abnormal President who believes Putin over US Intelligence Agencies - the same President who believes the Saudi Crown Prince over US Intelligence Agencies

Trump had good reason to be afraid - he has demeaned the same people assigned the responsibility to keep him safe & he's done it more than once

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 29

@angeleyes64 wrote:

There should have been some concern for the Men and Women who were Serving over there, not just how scared The Donald was.

I guess if The Donald had gone overseas out of concern for our troops, he would have been able to express that concern and not just his fears. However, IMHO this "war zone" visit was for the cameras and was little more than a reluctant photo op. But now that he has made this grand gesture, The Greatest Showman will have another thing to crow about at his future "Aren't I The Most Fantastic....Ever"  rallies.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 29

There should have been some concern for the Men and Women who were Serving over there, not just how scared The Donald was. 

These men and women are living it for years, he was  what 1/2  to 1 hour and poor Donald was scared. He was so protected there was no way he would be in any danger. Anyone would know he was overly protectd, if he used his 1/2 me, me,me, brain, he would have known that.

As always the story had to be about him. The service men and women should have been a topic of some kind, how they doing, how long a tour, their families, etc anything, but no it was a speech again  *** about HIM ***

They are Protecting US he is NOT.

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 29

@angeleyes64

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

PRESIDENT TELLS NEWS HOW AFRAID HE IS IN WAR ZONE

Message 29 of 29

BUT he never said anything about the harm of the men and women in the Military while talking.

He Absolutely showed why he had bone spurs 5 times and he truly is a coward at heart. 

I watched him run off a campaign stage scared one time, someone seemed to be trying to get on the stage. I am not surprised this little Bully is scared of the war zone, but not actually where there is fighting.

He is all mouth and no action, he can't even FIRE  people in the WH, he sends it by someone else, in notes or letters.   What a coward. 

Live For Today, No One is Guaranteed a TOMORROW !
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors