POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

Message 61 of 99
Hi all,

This thread is starting to get off-topic. While you may have different opinions, please remember to be respectful of one another as our guidelines state: This is a diverse community of people with diverse opinions. It is up to each of us to be polite and treat each other with respect.

You can read the full guidelines here: http://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Thanks and happy posting!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 99

I hope trump fails in everything he does.  However, I must say that in a couple of short weeks, he has won the title of the worse president in the history of the USA.  Unity?  NEVER!!! NOY MY PRESIDENT!!!!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 99

When a run away train is out of control, you just let it crash!  Screw Trump and his alt-right, racist, fascist team.  Let the USA crash and burn...then the "deplorables" will realize what they have done to this country.     

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 99

Of course I want the president to succeed. I really do hope that he will bring back jobs to those people in the rural areas that voted for him. I also hope that he doesn't completely alienate our closest allies, and get us into another war - that's my greatest concern with this president.

CNN has been out interviewing people who voted for Trump, and what their expectations are. Most of them supported and voted for Obama, and thought he was a good president, but his policies didn't  improve the situtation in many small towns and rural communities. Their one hope is that Trump will bring back jobs, so for their sake, I hope he succeeds. 

The closing of factories in some of these communities not only put those folks out of work, but significantly weakened the local economy. Many small businesses are struggling to stay afloat, and some probably had to close. 

What D's failed to understand was that these folks are not interested in hearing about free college or free anything. Nor do they want to hear about raising the minimum wage, because what good is that if you don't have a job in the first place. They simply want to be able to work with dignity, provide for their families, and take care of themselves, as one lady said.

It's interesting, that before the election, Trump said that the unemployment rate of 4.7% was a fake number, referring to the labor participation rate as already mentioned. And with the release of January 2017 numbers (4.8% unemployment, and a slight uptick of .2% in the participation rate, that had practically nothing to do with him or his administration, he now says the numbers are GREAT, of course!

Do I believe he will be successful? Based on some of his cabinet picks, and actions so far - I am greatly concerned, and have serious doubts. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 99

"Obama also had a dismal labor participation rate (the real number of people unemployed) during that period!"

Typical comment from a Trump supporter who doesn't research the facts. Over 10,000 baby boomers are retiring every day and they make up a significant portion of that group. It also inclues older retirees, housewives , high school students over the age of 16, and all college students. 

This is typical of Obama Haters who are never satisfied with anything he did. Reducing unemployment from over 8% to 4.7% wasn't good enough, hence, they have to have to find another reason to critcize President Obama. So now they're using labor participation rate.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 99

Do you want a doctor treating you who has no medical education or training, and no medical experience? Your accountant? Your lawyer? Even your car mechanic? Different is not necessarily better, but not always worse. Change for the sake of change is nonsensical, as is electing a President who has no experience, education or training in our governmental processes or world-wide political diplomacy. But we did. Does being top dog of your own company teach a person enough to be the acknowledge leader of the free world? I hope it does. I wish and pray that President Trump succeds as a good leader for all our people. Please suprise all the nay-sayers President Trump, and show them you are a decent person and become a great President!

From The Middle...

ASTYWW

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 99

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@Richva wrote:
Trump has a high bar on the economy.  Obama had 73 continuous months of PRIVATE sector job growth.  

Obama also had a dismal labor participation rate (the real number of people unemployed) during that period!

I saw that one Priebus had to really work the numbers to come up with something when the economy produced over 300K jobs in 2015.  A quick look at the studies show that it was due to structural conditions such as the aging of the baby boom. Certainly not a surprise to anyone actually interested in "Non-Alternative Facts". 

The labor force participation rate has been declining for more than a decade, and economists predict it will continue to decline for the next decade and more.Bureau of Labor Statistics, November 2006: Every year after 2000, the rate declined gradually, from 66.8 percent in 2001 to 66.0 percent in 2004 and 2005. According to the BLS projections, the overall participation rate will continue its gradual decrease each decade and reach 60.4 percent in 2050.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 99

@Richva wrote:
Trump has a high bar on the economy.  Obama had 73 continuous months of PRIVATE sector job growth.  

Obama also had a dismal labor participation rate (the real number of people unemployed) during that period!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 99

Of course we want him to succeed. We just want him to suceed in making America great. Not picking fights with our second largest trading partner. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 99

@Olderscout66 wrote:

Der Trumpers approval rating (39%) just after he won the election is lower than Jimmy Carter's when he left office (40%) and only slightly better than jrbush's 37%.

Confusing this with people's desire for him to NOT make things worse is very Republican.

Your "stats" are from the same source that said Hillary was the sure winner.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors