Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
449
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

449 Views
Message 21 of 99

@rk9152 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 - can you or any other republican/conservative provide any fact based documentation irrefutably proving that Breitbart's word is any more trustworthy and any more on a verified one-to one relationship with factual scientific reality than Putin's?

 

Proof as opposed to unproved and therefore meaningless political assertions is essential at this juncture in time.

 

 

 


Nope - it is no different from MSNBC, the dailykos, or any of the sources cited here.


No proof of that either...

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
449
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
445
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

445 Views
Message 22 of 99

@saworld wrote:

rk9152 wrote:  I understand - you have a different political ideology from that held by 73% of the American population. But there is no need to insult the 73% by assuming that they are greedy people only interested in themselves while your minority are the only noble people caring about others.
In any case, under our system of government, the desires of the 73% hold sway. 

You are good for a laugh, rk.  Might I remind you that those of my political ideology won the plurality of our election last November by nearly 3 million votes.  Your Trump lost the popular vote.  You must be thanking God for the undemocratic electoral college....right?

 

I and most voters in this country only wish our system of government was based on who gets the most votes.


What is funny about a poster having to go off topic rather than just accepting the truth found in the topic?

 

You and those who agree with you are free to attempt to change the Constitution. But until that is accomplished - let it go, he is our President.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
445
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
442
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

442 Views
Message 23 of 99

@MaVolta wrote:

@rk9152 - You just don't get it do you? Just because 73% answered a poll question that they wanted Trump to succeed as president, doesn't mean agreement with what has now become his policies. 

 

Do most Americans want him to succeed in creating jobs and growing the economy, or keeping us safe? You would think so, yes. Do they want him to succeed in kicking millions off of health insurance? Do they want him to succeed in causing more harm to the environment because of his attitudes toward climate science and favoritism toward the fossil fuel industry and other special interests? Do they want him to succeed in alienating our closest allies, while admiring brutal dictators? Highly doubt it.

 

It was, at that time, an open ended question as to what success meant in their view, and well before he took office. Since then, he wakes up in a different world of reality on a day-by-day basis.

 

 


He certainly was not shy as to his intentions while campaigning and then he was elected and the 73% want him to succeed.

 

So it would appear that one of us does not get it.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
442
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
422
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

422 Views
Message 24 of 99

@alferdpacker wrote:

rk9152 - can you or any other republican/conservative provide any fact based documentation irrefutably proving that Breitbart's word is any more trustworthy and any more on a verified one-to one relationship with factual scientific reality than Putin's?

 

Proof as opposed to unproved and therefore meaningless political assertions is essential at this juncture in time.

 

 

 


Nope - it is no different from MSNBC, the dailykos, or any of the sources cited here.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
422
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
417
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

417 Views
Message 25 of 99

rk9152 wrote:  I understand - you have a different political ideology from that held by 73% of the American population. But there is no need to insult the 73% by assuming that they are greedy people only interested in themselves while your minority are the only noble people caring about others.
In any case, under our system of government, the desires of the 73% hold sway. 

You are good for a laugh, rk.  Might I remind you that those of my political ideology won the plurality of our election last November by nearly 3 million votes.  Your Trump lost the popular vote.  You must be thanking God for the undemocratic electoral college....right?

 

I and most voters in this country only wish our system of government was based on who gets the most votes.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
417
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
422
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

422 Views
Message 26 of 99

@rk9152 - You just don't get it do you? Just because 73% answered a poll question that they wanted Trump to succeed as president, doesn't mean agreement with what has now become his policies. 

 

Do most Americans want him to succeed in creating jobs and growing the economy, or keeping us safe? You would think so, yes. Do they want him to succeed in kicking millions off of health insurance? Do they want him to succeed in causing more harm to the environment because of his attitudes toward climate science and favoritism toward the fossil fuel industry and other special interests? Do they want him to succeed in alienating our closest allies, while admiring brutal dictators? Highly doubt it.

 

It was, at that time, an open ended question as to what success meant in their view, and well before he took office. Since then, he wakes up in a different world of reality on a day-by-day basis.

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
422
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
427
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

427 Views
Message 27 of 99

rk9152 - can you or any other republican/conservative provide any fact based documentation irrefutably proving that Breitbart's word is any more trustworthy and any more on a verified one-to one relationship with factual scientific reality than Putin's?

 

Proof as opposed to unproved and therefore meaningless political assertions is essential at this juncture in time.

 

 

 

44>dolt45
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
427
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
431
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

431 Views
Message 28 of 99

@saworld wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

saworld - if I get your point, the 73% of Americans who disagree with you are "bootlickers of the 1%" and want  to destroy our economy and democracy.

 

Do I have that right??


As usual you're reading into words something that wasn't said.  To help you: people say they want a president to succeed because they read into the question something that wasn't said: that it means the same as their nation succeeding.  

Talk about reading words into something.....did you see the survey? - - did you discuss their understanding of the questions with them?

 

But, as I explained, I don't see things that way.  His & the rest of the GOP's goals are mostly opposed to mine.  I see them all as just wanting to feather their own nests with little regard for their fellow man & I don't want them to succeed at that.  


I understand - you have a different political ideology from that held by 73% of the American population. But there is no need to insult the 73% by assuming that they are greedy people only interested in themselves while your minority are the only noble people caring about others.

 

In any case, under our system of government, the desires of the 73% hold sway.

 

It would be smart for your side of the street to try to get your more radical elements to stop all their violence and your leaders in the Congress to knock off their offensive foolishness of "They just want to kill people". None of that has worked in the past and there is no reason to think it will now.

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
431
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
3
Kudos
430
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

430 Views
Message 29 of 99

I guess it depends on your definition of success. We all want him to become more competent, more knowledgeable, and more effective.  He can't get much less. 

Report Inappropriate Content
3
Kudos
430
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
2
Kudos
418
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

418 Views
Message 30 of 99

Saworld--well put and spot on. This is exactly how I feel!

 

Certainly,  America's  success now, and in the future, is  paramount. But under trump, the only thing that has,  and will,  happen is that America will be dragged under, and fail.

 So does that mean I want trump to succeed?  Do I want him to continue to destroy this nation and its moral fiber? The answer is a resounding NO!

Therefore,  I do not want Trump to succeed;  I will always put my country over any politician, including one who doesn't know his A from His E.

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
2
Kudos
418
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors