Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: POLL: 73 Percent of Voters Want Trump to Succeed as President

Message 32 of 99

I just want to add a couple of facts to your post that most people who support this bill do not know:

Warren Buffett: ObamaCare repeal bill 'a huge tax cut for guys like me

Buffett said his federal income taxes would have gone down 17 percent last year if the GOP bill was in effect.

So it is a huge tax cut for guys like me," he said, according to Reuters. "And when there's a tax cut, either the deficit goes up or they get the taxes from somebody else."

Buffett, also said that Trump's proposed tax plan – which includes slashing the corporate tax rate to 15 Buffett has previously hit Trump for not releasing his tax returns.

The House on Thursday narrowly passed the GOP bill aimed at repealing and replacing ObamaCare, which Democrats and outside groups have criticized as benefitting wealthier Americans compared to the Affordable Care Act.

Senate Republicans have vowed major changes on the healthcare plan, with a number of moderate senators voicing objections to provisions rolling back ObamaCare's Medicaid expansion, among other areas.

How in heaven's name can this happen?

Many people posting on here do not have all of the facts or have blind trust in Trump.

I saw a Trump voter interview waiting for meds at a pharmacy. The reporter asked her about Trump's new Health Care bill mentioning to her her pre existing condition would not be covered under the new plan. It was okay to her because she was trusting Trump as a child would her father. 

I do not think she fully understands what could happen, I know she is unaware of what goes on in Washington( like the tax breaks for the rich tagged on the plan)  

I do think she will be in shock when she or her loved ones are crippled or die because of a pre exting condion.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 99

rk9152 wrote:

saworld - if I get your point, the 73% of Americans who disagree with you are "bootlickers of the 1%" and want  to destroy our economy and democracy.

Do I have that right??

As usual you're reading into words something that wasn't said.  To help you: people say they want a president to succeed because they read into the question something that wasn't said: that it means the same as their nation succeeding.  

But, as I explained, I don't see things that way.  His & the rest of the GOP's goals are mostly opposed to mine.  I see them all as just wanting to feather their own nests with little regard for their fellow man & I don't want them to succeed at that.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 34 of 99

@Richva wrote:

How was the question asked? "Do you want to see Donald Trump fail as president of the United States?"

I always trust polls by Breitbart. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/january_2017/57_of_demo...

GIGGLE_GIGGLE_GIGGLE_GIGGLE_GIGGLE_GIGGLE

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 99

How was the question asked? "Do you want to see Donald Trump fail as president of the United States?"

I always trust polls by Breitbart. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 99

saworld - if I get your point, the 73% of Americans who disagree with you are "bootlickers of the 1%" and want  to destroy our economy and democracy.

Do I have that right??

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Esteemed Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 99

rk9152 wrote:  jim, I know that sounds positive but the other side of the coin is that 27% of our population put their petty partisanship higher than the good our our nation.

You're wrong.  It's patriotic to hope that the GOP's & Trump's ruinous plans don't succeed.  While they & you might consider that failure, many of the rest of us will consider that success since it limits further damage to our nation.  

Take the most recent healthcare & tax "plans" being considered.  Both of these are cover-ups for the GOP primary goal of even more redistributions from the middle & lower-incomed groups to the higher-incomed ones.  

So it is true patriotism to disagree with the bootlickers of the 1%.  We have way too much inequality as it is destroying our economy & democracy.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 99

t147244j- that is exactly right.  All  we hear out of the Republicans are lies and twisted facts.  I brought the list of pre-existing conditions,  which I posted on this forum to the Townhall  I went to today and handed them out. Some wouldn't even look at them,  and my response was,  you'll be sorry.  So sad-ignorance better then facts. 

The Congressmen did the same garbage righties on this site do--"where'd you get your info."  He then proceeded to twist everything and discredit sources ( politico??). The only time many of us felt he was honest was when he was talking about Russia.

So many people taken in--so many will be hurt. 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 99

A lot of them are the poor or good ole working boys who do not have any idea what goes on in Washington.

He has given them  hope with endless promses and an anti establishment persona.  Perhaps a false sense of hope but as long as they still believe what he says they will still suppot him as President..

Most of them do not know what goes on in Washingto and if they did they would not understand it. However if his health bill passes and they or their love ones suffer or die because of the pre-existing conditions wil reality will finally come to pass. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 99

Uhmm-rker?? Aren't you a registered Republican?

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Introducing jen43, one of our featured ACEs! Check out their profile and fill yours out, today!

Meet an ACE

Top Authors