Learn how to spot and avoid common scams with AARP's Fraud Resource Center. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: PELOSI AND HAWAII

Message 91 of 137

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

Lets not forget that the Obama's spent about a month each Christmas in Hawaii.

And still, about half of Bush's and FAR less than trumps.....

"As of September 2016, he had gone on 28 vacations, spanning 217 days. Compare this to Bush's 'time off' (533) and Clinton's (174)."

A look back at the Obama family's big trips over the last eight years

You can't argue facts with right wingers, Cent. Obama never spent "about a month" in Hawaii as president. His first year in office, he was there for 11 days. Of course, that might be a month when it comes to republican math. That sure would explain the ballooning deficit on their watch!

http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/statements/byruling/false/ (11 pages of lies and growing)
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 92 of 137

@KidBoy2 wrote:

And still, about half of Bush's and FAR less than trumps.....

"As of September 2016, he had gone on 28 vacations, spanning 217 days. Compare this to Bush's 'time off' (533) and Clinton's (174)."

A look back at the Obama family's big trips over the last eight years

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 93 of 137

@jimc91 wrote:

Yes, it is the Congress that can and must fix this entire issue. Of course.....just as it's been the responsibility of Congress for the LAST 8 YEARS which the GOP controlled House and Senate has failed to do.  Now their dishonest narrative is to blame Democrats.  What a lame group the GOP is blaming the Dems...how dishonest can one be?

For that reason I personally don't think any of them should be on vacation.  Who cares?  Maybe you should be attacking your party.....and maybe agree "border security" doesn't have to include a wall.....

They have kicked this can down the road for over 40 years. Yes, the GOP has had many opportunities and have ignored them each time.  The majority of Americans do NOT support a wall....

I am supportive of President Trump for forcing this issue to the front burners and hope he keeps the partial shutdown until our do nothing Congress comes up with a workable solution for both border security and immigration policy.  Off course, the far right extremists ignore the fact most illegal immigrants overstay their visa's and border security doesn't have to include a wall.  They are sooooo dishonest and is why many claim they just hate brown-skinned people.  Look at the so-called Christians whining about germs and trash...and lie about who is "at fault" and not caring that hundreds of thousands are harmed by trumps "game"....laughable and very un-Christian like.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 94 of 137
TX posted...

According to your post, Trump will be flying down in a day or two. Which other First Lady took a trip to Hawaii by herself and the President followed in a separate airplane. Wasn't that President named Obama? So where would Trump have gotten the idea for this?

============================================================

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 95 of 137

@Richva wrote:

Thank you.  I was mistaken. Obama simple went back to his hometown with his family to spend the Christmas vacation together.  He did that once  a year while Trump does it weekly.   Obama did it to spend time with his family. Trump is doing it to gin up new members for his golf club. Obama was a family man. Trump is a lying weasel who cheats on his wife and brags about it. 

Those were the gist of my points. 

No, the gist of your points was to spread innuendo without fact checking.  Do you are now saying that Trump wants to spend time with his family weekly, or that he flies to Florida to spend Christmas vacation weekly?  Didn't he spend Christmas in Iraq instead of in Florida?   Didn't Obama fly to places like New York for a few hours just for a date night with Michelle?

Is there a constitutional requirement that the President be a family man?  Perhaps you can point out that particular requirement?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 96 of 137

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Republicans must hate Hawaii.  Obama took an annual family vacation there.  Back to his hometown to visit his mother with the grandkids for the Christmas holiday. 

Trump also  will be flying down in a day or so.  I count that as two trips for two people instead of one trip for 4 people but heck, it is only taxpayer money. 

Let's examine this.  First Obama's mother died in1995.  His grandmother raised him.  She died in 2008.  His Presidential term: January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017.  Is there something wrong with the statements in that post?

According to your post, Trump will be flying down in a day or two.  Which other First Lady took a trip to Hawaii by herself and the President followed in a separate airplane.  Wasn't that President named Obama?  So where would Trump have gotten the idea for this?

Thank you.  I was mistaken. Obama simple went back to his hometown with his family to spend the Christmas vacation together.  He did that once  a year while Trump does it weekly.   Obama did it to spend time with his family. Trump is doing it to gin up new members for his golf club. Obama was a family man. Trump is a lying weasel who cheats on his wife and brags about it. 

Those were the gist of my points. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 97 of 137

@Richva wrote:

Republicans must hate Hawaii.  Obama took an annual family vacation there.  Back to his hometown to visit his mother with the grandkids for the Christmas holiday. 

Trump also  will be flying down in a day or so.  I count that as two trips for two people instead of one trip for 4 people but heck, it is only taxpayer money. 

Let's examine this.  First Obama's mother died in1995.  His grandmother raised him.  She died in 2008.  His Presidential term: January 20, 2009 – January 20, 2017.  Is there something wrong with the statements in that post?

According to your post, Trump will be flying down in a day or two.  Which other First Lady took a trip to Hawaii by herself and the President followed in a separate airplane.  Wasn't that President named Obama?  So where would Trump have gotten the idea for this?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 98 of 137

Pelosi goes there while waiting for Trump to tell the Republicans what he will sign. The Republicans announced to the members of their caucus they would have 24 hours notice of a vote so go on home kids!

Trump stays in the White House while Melania flies to Mar-a-Lago to get ready for the big New Year's party they are throwing.  Trump stays behind so he can threaten to close the southern border and end all trade for a few days. Trump also  will be flying down in a day or so.  I count that as two trips for two people instead of one trip for 4 people but heck, it is only taxpayer money. 

I miss having competence in the White House. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 99 of 137

@rker321 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@jimc91 wrote:

@rker321, The ball is over the net, back in the dimms court.  The President is waiting on them to respond.  So where are they?  He is ready to negotiate but the dimms are still hiding.  

As  far as I know, Pelosi is in Hawaii, don't know where Shummer happens to be. but I bet we will see them on Jan 3rd.

BTW, What are your thoughts on border security and how would you go about providing it?  

The majority of the American people want our borders to be secure from uncontrolled illegal immigration.  I am one of those Americans.

What say you?

Darling as usual providing my UNIQUE  ANSWER.

If you have followed my posts over the years, you  would have known, that I have always been for dealing with the illegal immigration  . But unfortunately both parties, have never paid attention to resolve this issue.. 

@rker321 I would really like to hear you unique perspective on this...

Actually my UNIQUE  perspective is as follow.   Fund.  3 to 400 attorneys and make them immigration judges. get rid of the backlog that exist in thos cours. and if they don't qualify for asilym deportation become inmediate.

NOw. Congress, is the one at fault here more than anyone. they need to bite the bullet and come up with a complete and comprehensive immigration las that can and will be enforced by all. 

When you have that. I can assure you that illegals in our souther border not being able to get  jobs will not venture, the HIB visa people that have not left. can be inmediately put on a plane and get them back to their country of origin. the sudents that have exhausted their visas,, ditto. planes to their country. and follow up on anyone that enters this country as they do in the rest of the world.  You hava a passport you present your passport as all hotel. when you book a room or enter or leave the country. There are many ways to control any of this but nothing has ever been done.

So you like my unique perspective? 

Yes, it is the Congress that can and must fix this entire issue.  

For that reason I personally don't think any of them should be on vacation.  They have kicked this can down the road for over 40 years.  

I am supportive of President Trump for forcing this issue to the front burners and hope he keeps the partial shutdown until our do nothing Congress comes up with a workable solution for both border security and immigration policy.

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 100 of 137

Dems only resist EVIL, and arranging to spend $5billion EACH YEAR FOREVER for something that serves NO REAL PURPOSE is about as evil as you can get.

The Republican children's  gulag is almost full, Trump and  Republicans  need money to  expand it.

Trump and Republicans  want Democrats to own part of that.

I would advise Democrats  to say no.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors