AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Our President is Clearly Unfit for Office

Message 71 of 82

@easyed598 wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------y--The only cult members I observed are those who support the antifa  radical activities. They are like  the Brown shirts of the 1930`s that gave the Nazis support for taking over Germany. The Republicans will never let this happen .

Just an observation that "Antifa" is short for Anti-fascists. They were formed when young patriots observed Trump supporters in Charlottesville assaulting citizens with clubs and other weapons will Trump referred to them as "very fine people". 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 82

Before Trump, many Presidents used the bully pulpit to enlighten and inspire Americans to work together to truly make our country great. Now that platform has degenerated into maniacal tweets from the quintessential bully of bedlam.

schlomo
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 82

She's describing CULT behavior which is what happened in Germany during the 1930s and is happening now in Trump World. His supporters meet almost every definition of cult behavior. It's more than dangerous, it's terrrifying.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------The only cult members I observed are those who support the antifa  radical activities. They are like  the Brown shirts of the 1930`s that gave the Nazis support for taking over Germany. The Republicans will never let this happen .

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 82

I going to go out on a limb here, so to speak, but I would rather the good Lord watch me and my actions with the people of empathy, compassion who claim they don't believe but are doing exactly what he, Lord Jesus, has taught, then with the hypocrites who claim to be of faith and believers of Jesus but who will go against everything he teaches us!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 82

@CriticalThinking wrote:

Laurie wrote, "This behavior is indeed a learned personality trait. What is dangerous when you have a collective conscience who will believe and buy into such selfishness!!! That is when people are actually through subtle, passive ways turning their conscience over to the collective fascism. Dangerous....very dangerous!"

She's describing CULT behavior which is what happened in Germany during the 1930s and is happening now in Trump World. His supporters meet almost every definition of cult behavior. It's more than dangerous, it's terrrifying. 

I do believe just a few days ago, one of the followers to this narcissistic man posted a map of how "red" this country is....that tells me that far too many do not understand the unconscious mind can be easily persuaded and manipulated. I just can't believe a handful of leaders can turn that many good people's minds into such destruction. Oh but history does teach us....yes, indeed it does and has happened!!!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Our President is Clearly Unfit for Office

Message 76 of 82

Laurie wrote, "This behavior is indeed a learned personality trait. What is dangerous when you have a collective conscience who will believe and buy into such selfishness!!! That is when people are actually through subtle, passive ways turning their conscience over to the collective fascism. Dangerous....very dangerous!"

She's describing CULT behavior which is what happened in Germany during the 1930s and is happening now in Trump World. His supporters meet almost every definition of cult behavior. It's more than dangerous, it's terrrifying. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 82

@FredSmif wrote:

This long article (and there's much more of it) from The Atlantic magazine is by George Conway (husband of Trump advisor Kellyanne). I read it over the weekend and it is well worth reading. It presents a number of insights into and about our president. There's really nothing new presented here that hasn't been put out before. But Conway wraps this up in a concise thoughtful argument that, whatever ones politics or views of Trumpism, the man himself is constitutionally (no pun intended with "Constitution") unable to carry out the full duties of the office due to his temperament. The argument is presented step by step, point by point. The process was as clear as the prosecutor's when I was on a jury for 5 days for a drunk driving case with severe injuries: step by step, point by point.

One of Conway's points (as a learned attorney/scholar himself) is that the framers of the Constitution viewed the presidential role as that of a fiduciary...the term being familiar to us these days as someone whose duty is to handle the finances and concerns of others, public or private, for the best interest of those others, without concern for the benefit of the fiduciary himself. Conway presents overwhelming support for his argument that Trump is unfit for any fiduciary duty, as has been shown by his full adult life in business and his personal life.

Excellent article!

This behavior is indeed a learned personality trait. What is dangerous when you have a collective conscience who will believe and buy into such selfishness!!! That is when people are actually through subtle, passive ways turning their conscience over to the collective fascism. Dangerous....very dangerous!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 82

Great post @Centristsin2010 . One word....DANGEROUS!

edit comments:  When one lives in such a world of narcissism, they do not have the capability of reasonable negotiations. They will bully and seek revenge instead of a normal rational thought of compromise and if needed justice. They do not have the capacity of empathy because they are too busy tending to their daily ego's need. They also have no capability of apology or responsibility for rash decisions.  All of the above is just my opinion and obviously not understood by many!

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 82

This long article (and there's much more of it) from The Atlantic magazine is by George Conway (husband of Trump advisor Kellyanne). I read it over the weekend and it is well worth reading. It presents a number of insights into and about our president. There's really nothing new presented here that hasn't been put out before. But Conway wraps this up in a concise thoughtful argument that, whatever ones politics or views of Trumpism, the man himself is constitutionally (no pun intended with "Constitution") unable to carry out the full duties of the office due to his temperament. The argument is presented step by step, point by point. The process was as clear as the prosecutor's when I was on a jury for 5 days for a drunk driving case with severe injuries: step by step, point by point.

One of Conway's points (as a learned attorney/scholar himself) is that the framers of the Constitution viewed the presidential role as that of a fiduciary...the term being familiar to us these days as someone whose duty is to handle the finances and concerns of others, public or private, for the best interest of those others, without concern for the benefit of the fiduciary himself. Conway presents overwhelming support for his argument that Trump is unfit for any fiduciary duty, as has been shown by his full adult life in business and his personal life.

Excellent article!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 82

It should be noted that a person doesn't have to be bat-**bleep** crazy to be unfit for office. Many psychological maladies and problems can render a person as unfit and IMOHO, trump suffers from many of them.  I believe him to be a borderline Sociopath.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs