Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

Reply
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
167
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

167 Views
Message 71 of 141

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Do you agree with the topic that we are in fact ignorant as to the meaning of socialism and that ignorance is dangerous? Or do you just want to fight?

I am not ignorant of what Socialism is. I do agree that many being ignorant of it is indeed dangerous. I wish you all that are would educate yourselves.

 

Got it - you just want to fight.


 


I am trying to determine how Socialism is relevant in today's society. I challenge you to find some group who believe the means of production should be owned by society as a whole. 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
167
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
168
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

168 Views
Message 72 of 141

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Do you agree with the topic that we are in fact ignorant as to the meaning of socialism and that ignorance is dangerous? Or do you just want to fight?

I am not ignorant of what Socialism is. I do agree that many being ignorant of it is indeed dangerous. I wish you all that are would educate yourselves.

 

Got it - you just want to fight.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
168
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
174
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

174 Views
Message 73 of 141

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It is nothing less than comical to read what the extreme right has to say that socialism is and describe the things that they erroneously call "socialist".

 

Their ignorance is astounding.


Anything in particular or are you just playing, "Let's insult 'them' and swap kudoes"?


Well .............. no, not one thing in particluar .............. just about all of it.


Got it - you have nothing to discuss but will stick with the insults.


Only if the truth is insulting.


I'm still waiting to hear your "truth" instead of the silly games.


I never expect trump supporters to recognize the truth.


Do you agree with the topic that we are in fact ignorant as to the meaning of socialism and that ignorance is dangerous? Or do you just want to fight?


I am not ignorant of what Socialism is. I do agree that many being ignorant of it is indeed dangerous. I wish you all that are would educate yourselves.


"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
174
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
166
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

166 Views
Message 74 of 141

Has the direction and contents of this topic not totally shown it's accuracy? 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
166
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
168
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

168 Views
Message 75 of 141

@rk9152 wrote:

There are people who do not pay tax. That is a reality of our tax code.

 

There are poor people. That is a reality of our and any society.

 

Assigning "an affront" to people based if their Party of registration is bias.


 

"This is a reality of our society". You certainly have that one right. And yet, other developed nations do not have anywhere NEAR the problems with homeless, lack of medical care and housing, and such a horrible record of poor income mobility.  In short, the United States, bastion of capitalism, can't put food on the table or medicine in the children. 

 

One reason is the continued shouts of "Socialism" as an argument against the more cost effective and efficient delivery systems the other countries have adopted. 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
168
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
189
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

189 Views
Message 76 of 141

from william - 

Have just went thru and read a number of posts on this topic, and have concluded this about trump supporters:

1. Perhaps they are part of the upper 10% and don’t give a crap about the other 80-90% of the populace, as long as the less worthy continue to contribute to their wealth and lifestyles. 

That is pure partisan bias.

 

2. They are part of the 80-90%, and enjoy being abused and being stolen from. Yet they continue to defend and support those who are taking advantage of them, and seem to have no clue as to what is taking place. They become very defensive when some of us state that we refuse to be treated that way. 

trump supporters, wake up!

That is pure nonsense. Trump supporters share his vision of America and appreciate his efforts to follow through on campaign promises. 

 

Do you have any thoughts on Socialism??

 

 

 

 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
189
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
179
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

179 Views
Message 77 of 141

 


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
179
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
178
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

178 Views
Message 78 of 141

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

 

And no - it is Liberals who equate Capitalism with greed. We on the Right (as in "correct") understand that Capitalism is an economic system, greed is a personal failing - and neither is Party specific.


Nonsense - PEOPLE take deductions, hire tax accountants, use turbotax, etc.

 

Unless, of course, they make so little they are not subject to federal income taxes. In which case, they are completely out of the loop in terms of any benefits from the tax cuts.  A group, I would point out, the Republicans find it a personal affront that they don't pay taxes.  They don't find it an affront that the same group is poor, only that they don't pay taxes.  Republicans hate it when any group does not contribute to the reallocation of wealth they so love. 


There are people who do not pay tax. That is a reality of our tax code.

 

There are poor people. That is a reality of our and any society.

 

Assigning "an affront" to people based if their Party of registration is bias.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
178
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
181
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

181 Views
Message 79 of 141

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

It is nothing less than comical to read what the extreme right has to say that socialism is and describe the things that they erroneously call "socialist".

 

Their ignorance is astounding.


Anything in particular or are you just playing, "Let's insult 'them' and swap kudoes"?


Well .............. no, not one thing in particluar .............. just about all of it.


Got it - you have nothing to discuss but will stick with the insults.


Only if the truth is insulting.


I'm still waiting to hear your "truth" instead of the silly games.


I never expect trump supporters to recognize the truth.


Do you agree with the topic that we are in fact ignorant as to the meaning of socialism and that ignorance is dangerous? Or do you just want to fight?

Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
181
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
194
Views

Re: Our Ignorance of Socialism Is Dangerous

194 Views
Message 80 of 141

Have just went thru and read a number of posts on this topic, and have concluded this about trump supporters:

1. Perhaps they are part of the upper 10% and don’t give a crap about the other 80-90% of the populace, as long as the less worthy continue to contribute to their wealth and lifestyles. 

2. They are part of the 80-90%, and enjoy being abused and being stolen from. Yet they continue to defend and support those who are taking advantage of them, and seem to have no clue as to what is taking place. They become very defensive when some of us state that we refuse to be treated that way. 

trump supporters, wake up!

 

Never Forget 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
194
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.


jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors