AARP and the photographers of Magnum Photos look at older people living in new ways around the world in A New Age.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Our Great Heritage”

Message 11 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You're right Mlseker ...... "entertainment and passing time". That's what it is for me also. LOL !!   I'll get accused of doing a "yea me too" on this one and then I can LOL again !!!

Do you think you can go deeper than "Yeah, me too" in support of this offensive statement "Several threads have been based on your support for Confederate Ideals. Apparently, you are the only one that doent know this is your habit"?

For example, instead of "LOL" can you specify which threads are based on my so-called "Confederate ideals"?

You are so predictable!  I got another "yeah me too" from you just as I said.  And now I get to LOL once again !!  Thank you !!

How does that relate to, "Several threads have been based on your support for Confederate Ideals. Apparently, you are the only one that doent know this is your habit" and/or my so-called "Confederate ideals"?

that Heritage group League of the South is in Tennesee today. They think the South should be separated. do you support these guys that cause a town to board its windows? is that free speech or Terrorism?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nazis-white-supremacists-fear-in-middle-tennessee_us_59f3f2f5e4...

In nearby Shelbyville, a town of 21,000 south of Murfreesboro in Tennessee horse country, another rally ― organized by the same racists and fascists ― is scheduled for Saturday morning. Many Shelbyville residents will stay indoors or clear out altogether, according to local police.

The concern is well-founded. Among the groups assembling in Tennessee this weekend is the League of the South, a Southern separatist organization involved in some of the more garish violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. There, one of the group’s leaders, Michael Tubbs, a hulking former Green Beret who did a prison stint for plotting to bomb Jewish and black-owned businesses, led a charge of his followers toward peaceful clergy members...

But why, aside from racism, would a poor white person trust a 20-something outsider whose broken political judgment had led him to go all stormtrooper for a plutocrat who stiffs small-business owners? Heimbach didn’t have a good answer: “We’re here to present an alternative. There’s Republican and Democrat and we want to be another option.”

It’s not an option Middle Tennessee appears to want.

Interestng video too of businesses boarding up. Apparently to some, this is what free speech is all about. allowing a groups your town doesnt like a public safe space to terrify.

I feel the same about anyone who threatens or carries out violence, regardless of their politics or their cause. Others seem a bit more discriminating between "good" violence and "bad violence.

Now, back to the question raised above. Can you substantiate your offensive claim, "Several threads have been based on your support for Confederate Ideals. Apparently, you are the only one that doent know this is your habit" ?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You're right Mlseker ...... "entertainment and passing time". That's what it is for me also. LOL !!   I'll get accused of doing a "yea me too" on this one and then I can LOL again !!!

Do you think you can go deeper than "Yeah, me too" in support of this offensive statement "Several threads have been based on your support for Confederate Ideals. Apparently, you are the only one that doent know this is your habit"?

For example, instead of "LOL" can you specify which threads are based on my so-called "Confederate ideals"?

You are so predictable!  I got another "yeah me too" from you just as I said.  And now I get to LOL once again !!  Thank you !!

How does that relate to, "Several threads have been based on your support for Confederate Ideals. Apparently, you are the only one that doent know this is your habit" and/or my so-called "Confederate ideals"?

that Heritage group League of the South is in Tennesee today. They think the South should be separated. do you support these guys that cause a town to board its windows? is that free speech or Terrorism?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nazis-white-supremacists-fear-in-middle-tennessee_us_59f3f2f5e4...

In nearby Shelbyville, a town of 21,000 south of Murfreesboro in Tennessee horse country, another rally ― organized by the same racists and fascists ― is scheduled for Saturday morning. Many Shelbyville residents will stay indoors or clear out altogether, according to local police.

The concern is well-founded. Among the groups assembling in Tennessee this weekend is the League of the South, a Southern separatist organization involved in some of the more garish violence in Charlottesville, Virginia. There, one of the group’s leaders, Michael Tubbs, a hulking former Green Beret who did a prison stint for plotting to bomb Jewish and black-owned businesses, led a charge of his followers toward peaceful clergy members...

But why, aside from racism, would a poor white person trust a 20-something outsider whose broken political judgment had led him to go all stormtrooper for a plutocrat who stiffs small-business owners? Heimbach didn’t have a good answer: “We’re here to present an alternative. There’s Republican and Democrat and we want to be another option.”

Interesting video too of businesses boarding up. Apparently to some, this is what free speech is all about. allowing a groups your town doesnt like a public safe space to terrify.

The areas in Tennessee that you speak of aren't that far from me, the majority of the citizens don't want these people there and some are afraid of them. IMO, some seem to confuse 'giving the right to free speech' with 'giving the right intimidate and/or terrorize'.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

What was the term the Conservative Republican Senator Flake used? Oh yes, Trump has debased the United States.

How does that relate to the greatness of our national heritage which some seem to want to disparage?

Let's keep this straight. I and many others don't want to disparage  "the greatness of our national heritage".  We disparage the white supremacy, the elitism of the wealthiest,  and slavery, all of which the Confederacy stood for.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Interestng video too of businesses boarding up. Apparently to some, this is what free speech is all about. allowing a groups your town doesnt like a public safe space to terrify.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 35

@Richva wrote:

What was the term the Conservative Republican Senator Flake used? Oh yes, Trump has debased the United States.

How does that relate to the greatness of our national heritage which some seem to want to disparage?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 35

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

why, so you can play the rk game of what do you mean when i say i dont know what you mean because thats not what I meant.

How about we do it like a democracy...and see who denies you do that. Maybe a topic..  like your non fascist Trump Petition. I will keep it fair and say.." has anyone on the left seen rk support the alt right, fascism, racism, or Confederate Ideals? Like Trump and the nfl..ill be as fair as he is in whose votes count.

lol what you believe in is wrong, and um..really other than entertainment and passing my time..i dont care what you think.

PNG    NCM

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

why, so you can play the rk game of what do you mean when i say i dont know what you mean because thats not what I meant.

How about we do it like a democracy...and see who denies you do that. Maybe a topic..  like your non fascist Trump Petition. I will keep it fair and say.." has anyone on the left seen rk support the alt right, fascism, racism, or Confederate Ideals? Like Trump and the nfl..ill be as fair as he is in whose votes count.

lol what you believe in is wrong, and um..really other than entertainment and passing my time..i dont care what you think.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors