From travel insurance to fraud protection, AARP has you covered. Take a closer look at your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Our Great Heritage”

Message 1 of 35
maybe i should toss in some history on John Wayne, like his service record compared to those he was snitching on. Patriotism is a big sell for the right. the proles will pay for that stuff.
So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

Even though there has been a strong Communist presence in Hollywood for many decades, there was still an appreciation for our nation back "in the day".

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UFv-fqQ9D_Y?rel=0

I know right? off the top of my head..Sterling Hayden ( actor) was blackballed because he went to Europe to fight the nazis with Tito in the balkan mountains. 

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Im off topic..a wee bit..i am speaking of heritage. what you were talking about..off topic. was babble. DO you accept the Confederate constitutions and pro slavery speeches as your heritage as Trump does? or do you accept it as part of a treasonous rebellion that was rightly put down.

There are only 2 answers to the question of who was right..

Lincoln..or Davis.

If its Davis..please list his qualities that would have been passed down that would have the best effect for you today. 

It is all part of our great heritage. It got us to where we are today, a place where people from all over the world want to come (even with Donald Trump as President).

Got it. our history of slavery and denying people of color the benefits guaranteed under the constitution has made you what you are today..colorblind.

What you call "our history of slavery" is actually the history of the world. Right from the start of our nation slavery was questioned and an issue to be dealt with. Initially we stopped it's proliferation and finally (as you may have heard) stopped it entirely. Yes, when we were founded, slaves did not have the full protection of the Constitution and that matter was fixed as time went by.

We corrected the injustice while still maintaining the great nation our Founders created. That is a source of pride except for those who have a basic problem with our nation and use slavery as a point of attack.

And "colorblind" - yes, that is what are supposed to be and we on the right try very hard to see people as people. Sadly, those on the left are more racist as shown by "has made you what you are today..colorblind".

like you are on the prageru thread.

However, I am expressing my view of our nation.

The NATION is great because of its VISION of equality and justice, not because white people feel comfortable saying .."hey..its on paper..no worries now".

Which white person said that - or is that just another of those made up things to make America look bad?

Most other western nations did away with slavery before we did..without a civil war, and are much further along in race relations than us..

"Bad America, bad America" - 150 years ago it didn't accomplish the end result the way you would have preferred.

and ill put in my plug here to say they take better care of the POVERTY problem.

Yes, those "workers" paradises you prefer do take care of feeding their people - not!!!

As long as the LOSERS of that war continue to pass on or propagate their ideals, there will be a problem.

Yes, there are racists and we as a nation manage to protect their Constitutional rights and the rights of everyone else - without your armed, masked fascist storm troopers.

Its not gone because you said so. Its still HERE because people claim there is no problem..and have passed it on for generations.

No, it is not gone - it will never be gone. Yet our great nation manages to deal with the problem very well.

They say ( you know "they" ) whatever you call young 20 somethings are the most progressive generation vis the race barrier. I might also note, the same "they" says they are the most apathetic about voting..the racist establishment has alienated them to the point they no longer have the desire to reach for that VISION the founders put forth. Hey..thats you !!

Hey, what's me.

You did have one thing right - the racist establishment. It lives in the Democratic Party which treats blacks as incapable children needing the constant assistance of the beneficent government and all it asks is - "pull the D lever in the voting booth".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Im off topic..a wee bit..i am speaking of heritage. what you were talking about..off topic. was babble. DO you accept the Confederate constitutions and pro slavery speeches as your heritage as Trump does? or do you accept it as part of a treasonous rebellion that was rightly put down.

Lincoln..or Davis.

If its Davis..please list his qualities that would have been passed down that would have the best effect for you today. 

It is all part of our great heritage. It got us to where we are today, a place where people from all over the world want to come (even with Donald Trump as President).

Got it. our history of slavery and denying people of color the benefits guaranteed under the constitution has made you what you are today..colorblind.

What you call "our history of slavery" is actually the history of the world. Right from the start of our nation slavery was questioned and an issue to be dealt with. Initially we stopped it's proliferation and finally (as you may have heard) stopped it entirely. Yes, when we were founded, slaves did not have the full protection of the Constitution and that matter was fixed as time went by.

We corrected the injustice while still maintaining the great nation our Founders created. That is a source of pride except for those who have a basic problem with our nation and use slavery as a point of attack.

And "colorblind" - yes, that is what are supposed to be and we on the right try very hard to see people as people. Sadly, those on the left are more racist as shown by "has made you what you are today..colorblind".

like you are on the prageru thread.

The NATION is great because of its VISION of equality and justice, not because white people feel comfortable saying .."hey..its on paper..no worries now". Most other western nations did away with slavery before we did..without a civil war, and are much further along in race relations than us..and ill put in my plug here to say they take better care of the POVERTY problem. As long as the LOSERS of that war continue to pass on or propagate their ideals, there will be a problem. Its not gone because you said so. Its still HERE because people claim there is no problem..and have passed it on for generations. They say ( you know "they" ) whatever you call young 20 somethings are the most progressive generation vis the race barrier. I might also note, the same "they" says they are the most apathetic about voting..the racist establishment has alienated them to the point they no longer have the desire to reach for that VISION the founders put forth. Hey..thats you !!

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 35

Even though there has been a strong Communist presence in Hollywood for many decades, there was still an appreciation for our nation back "in the day".

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UFv-fqQ9D_Y?rel=0

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 35

@MIseker wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Lincoln..or Davis.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

What was the term the Conservative Republican Senator Flake used? Oh yes, Trump has debased the United States.

How does that relate to the greatness of our national heritage which some seem to want to disparage?

Let's keep this straight. I and many others don't want to disparage  "the greatness of our national heritage".  We disparage the white supremacy, the elitism of the wealthiest,  and slavery, all of which the Confederacy stood for.

O.K. since you decided to put your one cent in, how does Rich's post relate to our national heritage?

I wasn't replying to Richva's post, I was replying to yours. You said that some wish to disparage the greatness of our national heritage and I corrected you, it had nothing to do with Richva or his posting.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

Lincoln..or Davis.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 35

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

What was the term the Conservative Republican Senator Flake used? Oh yes, Trump has debased the United States.

How does that relate to the greatness of our national heritage which some seem to want to disparage?

Let's keep this straight. I and many others don't want to disparage  "the greatness of our national heritage".  We disparage the white supremacy, the elitism of the wealthiest,  and slavery that the Confederacy stood for.

O.K. since you decided to put your one cent in, how does Rich's post relate to our national heritage?

It's unmistakably obvious - the mere existence of the profoundly deranged trump in the white house "tinkles" upon the spirit - the very soul of the Constitution - and demeans, degrades, dishonors, and debases our nation and it's heritage.

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 35

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Let's keep this straight. I and many others don't want to disparage  "the greatness of our national heritage".  We disparage the white supremacy, the elitism of the wealthiest,  and slavery that the Confederacy stood for.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors