Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Our Crackerjack Customs/ICE personnel Score Again

Message 1 of 9

@FredSmif wrote:

file under Current Events,

From the Washington Post:   Jamaican man with permanent residency status in the US is held in jail for 82 days for bringing back Jamaican honey from his visit back home to visit his mother.

The "honey" was thought to be "liquid methamphetine".

What a Charley Foxtrot comedy of Keystone Kops. Sadly, this sort of situation seems to be pretty typical and visited upon many of those of the wrong skin tone or socio-economic class.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/innocent-man-spent-months-in-jail-for-bringing-ho...

hmmm, I now recall reading last week about the college football player stopped and arrested in one of the Carolinas for having some sort of "dope" on his car (on his car, big splatches on the paint). He explained that the mysterious white droppings were what's known as "bird guano"; otherwise known as "bird poop". The cops' field test showed the white droppings testing positive for drugs. Maybe those pigeons had flown over some DEA drug incinerator. Or maybe those field tests are worth exactly as much as that bird **bleep** on the car was worth. That situation also came out okay in the end ... well, about as well as the honey guy and his 82 days in jail. At least neither guy was killed; I guess that's a win.

Gotta love it.

Organizations are only as good as their leaders, and when you've got a Federal Government riddled top to bottom with burrowning GOPers and now with their top jobs either unfilled or occupied by people even dumber and more dogmatic than the infantile moron who appointed them, expect massive failure on a rapid repeat cycle.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 9

@alferdpacker wrote:

Deleted - duplication of government stupidity...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 9

ICE - Operating under the auspices of Department of Half-witted Stupidity...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 9

ICE - Operating under the auspices of the Department of Half-witted Stupidity...

44>dolt45
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 9

I imagine that many people will find this attitude hard to swallow. But I agree. The guilty ones will eventually got caught on something...they'll likely keep it up.

It is absolutely astonishing the number of people convicted and sentenced to death who are then found and proven to be innocent 10, 20, and even more years later. Reading about such cases reveals a deeply flawed justice system...from the police to the prosecutors. The arrogance of some prosecutors who have been found to play so many dirty tricks on the defendant is breathtaking. Time after time.

I'm sure the system plays out the same way at the lower levels of crime.

@ManicProgressive wrote:

Better to let 10 guilty men go free than imprison one innocent man. 

We always seem to forget this.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 9

Sadly, these sorts of stories predate Trump administration by many, many years. Consider this all as mission-creep ...from the war on drugs (when did that start?) on to the war on terror (2001), and probably a number of other "wars".

Stuff like this just offends me.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 9

Just another reflection on trump...remember he was only hiring the best...and remember **** flows downhill! 

Apparently the best have already quit or are not available!

Come to think of it, we certainly didn’t get the best when trump was put into office, did we?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 9

Better to let 10 guilty men go free than imprison one innocent man. 

We always seem to forget this.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Our Crackerjack Customs/ICE personnel Score Again

Message 9 of 9

file under Current Events,

From the Washington Post:   Jamaican man with permanent residency status in the US is held in jail for 82 days for bringing back Jamaican honey from his visit back home to visit his mother.

The "honey" was thought to be "liquid methamphetine".

What a Charley Foxtrot comedy of Keystone Kops. Sadly, this sort of situation seems to be pretty typical and visited upon many of those of the wrong skin tone or socio-economic class.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/local/legal-issues/innocent-man-spent-months-in-jail-for-bringing-ho...

hmmm, I now recall reading last week about the college football player stopped and arrested in one of the Carolinas for having some sort of "dope" on his car (on his car, big splatches on the paint). He explained that the mysterious white droppings were what's known as "bird guano"; otherwise known as "bird poop". The cops' field test showed the white droppings testing positive for drugs. Maybe those pigeons had flown over some DEA drug incinerator. Or maybe those field tests are worth exactly as much as that bird **bleep** on the car was worth. That situation also came out okay in the end ... well, about as well as the honey guy and his 82 days in jail. At least neither guy was killed; I guess that's a win.

Gotta love it.

Kudos
Views
Replies