Looking for work? The U.S. Census Bureau is hiring more than 500,000 people nationwide. Learn more.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Ouch! The Truth Hurts

Message 11 of 54

@Soosie wrote:
Few, if any of the trash you publish here are. @umbarch64.....the name is Soosie. I'm sure you saw that and chose to call me something else. Then, you say that most of what I put here is trash. Can you please prove that? I have been posting here for some time. I don't remember you talking about trash earlier. Why didn't you do this with each post? I think your statement is a bit strong. Perhaps you are having a bad day. Tell you how this makes me feel. I feel like a female who has been chastised by "Big Daddy." I would hope that as a senior man (I think you are male) that you would find better treatment of any female who wants to post in this group. If you wanted to find fault with the cartoon, do so, but you should not need to go back and call all that I post here trash.

Well....I referred to you by name twice and typed in Soozie the second time because the s and z are next to one another on the keyboard.  The ring finger and pinky didn't do what they should have and you got tagged as Soozie.  Happens.  I'm sorry about that. 

Webster's........trash n. 1.  anything worthless or useless; rubbish.  2.  foolish or pointless ideas, talk or writing; nonsense.  3. a worthless or disreputable person.  4. such persons collectively.  5.  literary or artistic material of poor or inferior quality.  6-10 don't apply at all.

You asked why I didn't do this before.  As I said...at one time I considered you harmless and have since decided you were not.  Some gullible person just might believe what you put out.  You've been called on this sort of thing before without any change in your postings.  If anything your selection of things to post have gotten more exaggerated, inaccurate, partisan and offensive. The 'headlines' themselves, I have to presume they're yours, are worse, if anything.

All I know about you is what I see here on this forum. Your complaint about being 'chastised' has nothing what-so-ever to do with gender.  We're all equal here and I will treat each according to their exhibited behavior. No slack, lady...if that's what you say you are. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 54

@umbarch64 wrote:

I could have missed it in the linked article I suppose, but what I said is all I saw in the link you provided.  Perhaps it was elsewhere?  Soosie's post didn't say.

Have you considered using my post as a starting point for your own research?  Try it.  I've already posted it back when this was 'hot' news.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 54

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@umbarch64 wrote:

This cartoon is not the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, you see.  Few, if any of the trash you publish here are.  You expand the lies within them in your headlines.  It's not the cartoonist or the first author who lied now.  You chose to write that headline all by yourself...no one made you do that.

Ok, after your long dissertation that has nothing to do with what Soosie posted, then what is the truth about this particular case? 

Well....it does have everthing to do with what Soosie posted. I think I was pretty specific why I was saying something about it at all. You wouldn't be dissembling just a bit here yourself.... or would you?  Perhaps you could use a 'refresher' to get you back on the track you say you were.  I could help you out there.

Time issued a correction showing that what is portrayed on that cover wasn't accurate, I posted a link to verify that.   The photographer verified that after the photo was taken, the mother picked up the child, they got into a van and drove away.

John Moore, Getty Images, was the photographer and called time about the article inside the magazine regarding the published picture on the cover.  A bunch of things are out of whack here.  Time acknowledged their error regarding the little girl being take away from her mother, BUT stood by the "overall reporting behind the magazine's cover and the larger issues represented by Moore's photo". 

1.  The photo taken shows the little girl in front of a truck next to a woman in blue jeans and a man in tan cargo pants.  There are no captions.  Time's cover shows the little girl and a standing Trump.  There is a caption.  It says "Welcome to America".

...........and then we have Soosie's posting of the cover.  A new and quite different caption. A new 'spin' attached to the overall meaning[s] of the topic.  None accurate.

How you, with your background, can defend any of this beats me.

2.  Apparently, back in Honduras, the little girl Yanela's father, 32, told a British Newspaper a Honduran official told him mother and daughter were not separated saying they are safer now than when they were making that trip

3.  Mother entered the country illegally in 2013 and was subsequently deported.  She re-entered with a 2 yr old daughter. [I think that's right].  Mother is said to be in South Texas Family Residential Center in Dilley [I presume that's in Texas].  The release seems to presume since it is a 'family' facility, the 2 yr old is there with her.  But maybe not IF her mother is not a 'responsible parent'. Do you know?

Further the father of the little girl, Denis Varela Hernandez, supplied further details with further facts about the girl's mother and their families middle class status in Honduras.

I could have missed it in the linked article I suppose, but what I said is all I saw in the link you provided.  Perhaps it was elsewhere?  Soosie's post didn't say.

Can you post an apology to your post attacking Soosie about this post?  Why is it that liberals have a problem posting factual information designed to attack other posters?

Well....no.  I will apologize profusely for mistyping Soosie's handle one of the two times I used her handle in my first post to Soosie.  I really didn't mean to.  By way of explanation, z and s are at the bottom left of my keyboard.  The s key is usually struck by the finger to the small side of the middle finger and z by the pinky....all on the left hand.  They got mixed up and Soozie is what got printed.  My spell check didn't pick it up.  My bad though. I'm really sorry about that z thingy. The rest stands as written.  All of it.  This one does too.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 54

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Yep, sometimes the truth hurts.  But then, this topic isn't an example of the truth.

It usually isn't.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 54

@nctarheel wrote:

Ever hear of plagiarism?

Since there was no attribution, the cartoon meme was copied without permission and the image of the magazine was copied without permission, both by @Soosie.

I hope she doesn't need a lawyer..........

Are you a lawyer to claim it's plagiarism?  There are many meme's using that cover floating around on the internet. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 54

@TxGrandpa2 wroteSmiley Tonguelagiarism?

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So, did a little two year old girl rattle off the long diatribe to trump, as shown in the cartoon?  Of course not, that should be enough "proof".

Ever hear of satire?

Ever hear of plagiarism?

Since there was no attribution, the cartoon meme was copied without permission and the image of the magazine was copied without permission, both by @Soosie.

I hope she doesn't need a lawyer..........

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 54

@ChasKy53 wrote:

So, did a little two year old girl rattle off the long diatribe to trump, as shown in the cartoon?  Of course not, that should be enough "proof".

Ever hear of satire?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 54

@Soosie wrote:

Ouch, The Truth Hurts.jpg

Wow! @Soosie!!!!

The truth must really, really, really, really hurt because what you posted as an image is nothing but a boldface, dishonest, deception.

No little girl ever looked up to TRUMP in that manner. No little girl ever said those words. No Time Magazine ever ran that image with those words on it.

It is pure fiction generated by what is obviously a xenophobic author... of course, who would know as it has no attribution to it.

I hope TIME MAGAZINE doesn't have access to your use of their copyrighted image because I'm pretty sure that your depiction of the image was NOT THEIR INTENTION.

I hope it doesn't create any legal issues for you.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 54

I have yet to see a cartoon by this poster that actually is worth the posts that usually accompany them.

And yet, there are posters that rush the minute that one is posted to provide their opinion about the cartoon.

I have no idea what is their agenda. to discuss a silly cartoon? to try to have a voice in the matter?  to provide an importance to that silly cartoon?  What is their problem?

I have not seen in this message board a poster that with a minimal effort   of just posting a cartoon, actually has such a vast audience.
Sorry, but in the same manner that i criticize the cartoons, I also criticize the posters that provide the audience of this very silly cartoons.

Be productive and engage in real discussions. please

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 54

The political cartoon is nothing more than lie inside of a racist hate spew. However, all of those who have decided that their freedom is more important than their lives are telling the truth,  and all roads lead back to trump. The truth is coming out, and no matter how many ridiculous cartoons or lies are uttered,  the propaganda and fake news of the right wingers will lose to the truth that the large majority of Americans already know and understand. 

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors