AARP members get more! Take a look at your member benefits.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Oprah Winfrey loses 58 million

Message 1 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Oprah was more than an investor.

Hmm. Probably true.  If so, that means she was personally responsible for tripling stockholder value during her involvement. 

Possibly Oprah being reported as the most influential woman in the world creates an issue for some people.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 16

@aruzinsky wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Most amazingly, nobody but me sees anything wrong with a perpetually fat person making money off a weight loss company.  I call that, "Profiting from your mistakes."

That has to be some of the least intuitive investing advice I have ever heard.  If you have a weight problem, don't invest in weight loss companies? Just about every beginner book on investing suggests you invest in companies or industries you have used.  

The other problem is that some investors (if they invest at all) believe that an investment must increase in value every day in order to be viable.  The article states that Oprah's shares remain at nearly three times her original investment. Personally, I will take a three fold increase in my investment any day.  

I think the real problem is that Oprah was not born to money.  Not part of the American aristocracy, you know.  

Hmm. Probably true.  If so, that means she was personally responsible for tripling stockholder value during her involvement. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 16

@Richva wrote:

@aruzinsky wrote:

Most amazingly, nobody but me sees anything wrong with a perpetually fat person making money off a weight loss company.  I call that, "Profiting from your mistakes."

That has to be some of the least intuitive investing advice I have ever heard.  If you have a weight problem, don't invest in weight loss companies? Just about every beginner book on investing suggests you invest in companies or industries you have used.  

The other problem is that some investors (if they invest at all) believe that an investment must increase in value every day in order to be viable.  The article states that Oprah's shares remain at nearly three times her original investment. Personally, I will take a three fold increase in my investment any day.  

I think the real problem is that Oprah was not born to money.  Not part of the American aristocracy, you know.  

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 16

@aruzinsky wrote:

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 16

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 16

I wish I had 58 million dollars to lose!

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Oprah Winfrey loses 58 million

Message 7 of 16

Yeah right. There's a reason somebody cares about Oprah Winfrey losing money and we know what that is. If it wasWarren Buffet who lost $58 million on a stock transaction, he wouldn't have said one word in this forum.

As for me, I couldn't care less about Oprah's stock transactions, but I see the world differently than Trump Lovers. By the way, it might say Current Events in the title, but everyone knows this is a forum about POLTICS.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 16

@CriticalThinking wrote:

What does this paper loss have to do with politics? Nothing! But Trump Cult members love to see negative stories about black people. 

By the way, Oprah Winfrey is worth approximately $2.5 BILLION, so this paper loss is chump change for her. 

The title of this forum is

Politics, Current Events

Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh? Duh?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 16

@CriticalThinking wrote:

What does this paper loss have to do with politics? Nothing! But Trump Cult members love to see negative stories about black people. 

By the way, Oprah Winfrey is worth approximately $2.5 BILLION, so this paper loss is chump change for her. 

Cmon.  The article is from USA today. Not a racist publication...last time we looked. How many stories do we see about Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates and on and on, losing millions and billions in a day. It’s about very successful people having some bad days. If a black person reported their losses, would he/she be a racist???Nothing to do with racism. The left is using that card to the point it has NO credibility, at all.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Oprah Winfrey loses 58 million

Message 10 of 16

@CriticalThinking wrote:

By the way, Oprah Winfrey is worth approximately $2.5 BILLION, so this paper loss is chump change for her. 

Fangoh completely misunderstood the point of my post.  I never said the article was racist and I never said talking about a black person losing money is racist. Fangoh made that up. Don't you hate it when people criticize you for something you never said? Please read what I actually wrote.

I said, a Trump Cult member made this stock transaction a topic in a political forum because Trump supporters thrive on negative stories about black people.

By the way, Oprah has earned $2.5 Billion more in her lifetime than he has. 

Finally, I am NOT on the left, I'm an Independent.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Roundtable Discussion:
Ask questions and get advice from fellow entrepreneurs
Now through Nov. 22