Kudos
Views
Replies

Open Letter to Melania Trump

Message 1 of 1
An Open Letter to Melania Trump
03/30/2017 09:39 pm ET Updated Mar 31, 2017

Dear Mrs. Trump,

Walking through the School of Social Work on Wednesday morning, I overheard you on TV. You said many lovely things about issues so near and dear to my heart, but I was confused upon hearing you say them. It seemed incongruous that you spoke earnestly about “fighting injustices” when just a stone’s throw away from you, our lawmakers were discussing how to best gut our nation’s healthcare system. You spoke eloquently about how we must have “respect for people from all backgrounds and ethnicities,” while immigrants are treated with great disdain by your own husband. I am curious, why not talk more about how you too were an immigrant to this country? Do you realize what an incredible advocate you could be in reminding others of the worth of immigrants and the importance of treating them with compassion?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Ask the Expert: What advice do you need to better manage your stress and anxiety?

Clinical Psychologists Barry Jacobs and Julie Mayer will answer your questions on how to cope with the major life change, anxiety, and sadness we are all facing these days. Ask a question now and tune in live on May 27, 3-5 p.m. ET.

Top Authors