Only Cult Members Will Reverse Long Held Positions

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Only Cult Members Will Reverse Long Held Positions

Message 61 of 67

The Republican Party has managed to con their followers into mistrusting the FBI, all our intelligence services, the medical professtion and their own eyes. They gave up on decency  (grabbing lady parts is NOT decent) and logic (dribbledown economics is NOT logical).

Looks to me they are so bummed out from losing the Culture Wars that they will support any infantile nincompoop who promises to hurt the people they hate, and Cadet Bonespurs can play that tune all night long.

Fortunately they are a minority, and with just a little effort, the problem can be solved and we can get back to an America where every Generation does better than the one before and we stop ranking at the bottom of democracies in things like education, health care and standard of living. But it will require removal of Republicans from office so they cannot continue to redistribute all the income and wealth from the middle to the very top. One more ToadPOTUS, and the middle will have nothing worth redistributing and your kids will NEVER be able to retire.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 67

Don't know why, but Fishslayer asked me, "Do you support the above stated positions?"

I wouldn't say 100%, but overall I do. I've always been a fiscal conservative and a strong supporter of law enforcement, as well as our allies. 

In addition, I am a strong advocate of FREE TRADE with no tariffs.

And of course I support the rule of law 100%.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 67

@CriticalThinking 

Sure used to be didn’t it. Although I have not agreed sometimes with repubs in the past, I never questioned their patriotism...which with trump and repubs now, I constantly question their party over Country stance. 

And how does trump do it to have politicians and voters support him:

-convince them lies are the truth

-like the preaching of fear and division

-sweet talk them, before throwing under the bus

-threaten them or their families

-mandatory allegiance pledge of support

-or do we just have just have 30-40% of the population that likes being lied to,

and are bigots, racists, and homophobes?

country over party please

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 67

@Fishslayer777 wrote:

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In a Cult, the supreme leader is never wrong and will not be criticized. One clear sign of cult behavior is cult members completely reversing themselves on long held, core policy positions. Let's examine Republican Party core polices before they became members of the Trump Cult and then completely reversed themselves on many political positions which were their mantra for decades.

Before Trump, Republicans stood for:

• Free Trade / No Tariffs   We have now tons of tariffs
  • 100% support for our NATO allies  Nato is no longer our friend
  • 100% support for law enforcement (as in the FBI & Federal Judges) Acording to Trump those Insitution slie to the American people
  • Reducing the Deficit   Mar Lago could not stan it.
  • 100% support for the Constitution (the rule of law) What is the Constitution?
  • Family values (never really true but ...)  Trump the great supporter of family values and adultey in all forms.

Do you support the above stated positions?

I do and always have, unfortunately this Administration has never been considered a Republican Administration and just  a Trump Administration, therefore a cult is the name that it is supported to have.

no name
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 67

@CriticalThinking wrote:

In a Cult, the supreme leader is never wrong and will not be criticized. One clear sign of cult behavior is cult members completely reversing themselves on long held, core policy positions. Let's examine Republican Party core polices before they became members of the Trump Cult and then completely reversed themselves on many political positions which were their mantra for decades.

• Free Trade / No Tariffs
  • 100% support for our NATO allies
  • 100% support for law enforcement (as in the FBI & Federal Judges)
  • Reducing the Deficit
  • 100% support for the Constitution (the rule of law)
  • Family values (never really true but ...)

Do you support the above stated positions?

Justice, mercy or grace... you pick
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 67

@CriticalThinking wrote:

• Reducing the Deficit

Those Republicans still exist. not all Republicans happen to be Trump followers, and that is what we are really beginning to see. There is a very important coalition that is forming in this country and you can see that in the manner in which the approval of the President is so low. That disapproval is not formed by Democrats only, that disapproval is the united front of Democrats, Republicans and independents that are seeing what this country is becoming and are willing to try to stop the catastrophe that will be coming to this country.

no name
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Message 67 of 67

• Reducing the Deficit
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors