Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Only 3 Percent of Bernie Sanders Supporters Have Donated to Joe Biden's Campaign

Message 1 of 9

I know what you're feeling. I felt that same type of suffering during George W. Bush's 8 years as President.

I watched as Bush dragged us into war in the Middle East with the help of Joe Biden and Hillary and other Democrats. It was a sense of powerless for me.

Under Obama, I watched as the Democrats lost over a thousand seats in Congress, statehouses, and governors’ mansions around the country. That’s over 1000.

Why?

They bailed out the banks, not the voters. They spent money on overseas wars and corporate subsidies, not on things like infrastructure which would help voters. They passed a Heritage Foundation health insurance scam and called it “affordable health care.”

In short, Obama didn't give the people what they wanted.

Trump doesn't happen in a country where things are going well.

"The Democratic Party ... is acting like Donald Trump is the cause of all of our problems. He's a symptom and we need to cure the underlying disease. He is a symptom of a disease that has been building up in our communities for years and decades." - Andrew Yang

The tepid and lukewarm policies that the Democratic Party pursues really don't represent the fiery soul of Democratic voters. (exception AOC and a few others tackling income inequality).

I watched as income inequality grew under Bush, Obama and Trump as Democrats Pelosi, Schumer, Warner, Feinstein, etc. continue delivering lip-service, offering up the same old staged public displays of disgust and anger towards their Republican counter-parts.

Joe Biden's economic advisor Larry Summers told journalist Ron Suskind during the earlier days of the Obama administration: "One of the reasons that inequality has probably gone up in our society is that people are being treated closer to the way that they're supposed to be treated."

Democrats may think they own discontent. They don't.

dnc corporate money.jpg

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Only 3 Percent of Bernie Sanders Supporters Have Donated to Joe Biden's Campaign

Message 2 of 9

gordyfl:  

I get 5 or 6 emails a day from Biden's campaign asking for money. I'm part of the 97% of Bernie supporters who have no intentions of giving Biden a dime. Anyone who knows anything about Bernie's supporters would know why. It's very obvious.

I'll let you people figure it out.

Right. So what's more important, getting rid of Trump or being mad that Bernie lost?

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 9

Madame DNC Held a Fundraiser for Joe Biden.

According to an invitation obtained by Politico, the “virtual conversation” with Hillary, donors can contribute funds at multiple levels, including some “limited availability”...

Host - $100,000

Champion - $50,000

Supporter - $41,100

Friend - $15,600

Guest - $5,600

"Limited Availability" - $2,800

biden hillary fundraiser.jpg

Joe Biden is asking contributors to donate upward of $620,000 to his presidential campaign and down-ballot Democrats as he scrambles to close the mushrooming financial gap between him and President Trump.

The Biden Victory Fund, a committee that jointly raises money with the Democratic National Committee (DNC), filed an agreement with the Federal Election Commission (FEC) that will significantly up the amount wealthy donors can give to the body, which will then be shared by the campaign, party and 26 state parties.

While an individual can give a maximum of $5,600 to Biden’s campaign committee, the new agreement will permit one donor to contribute more than 110 times that figure — and that cap can rise with each new state party that signs on to the agreement. Twenty-six state parties signed on to the deal Saturday, with potentially more to come.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/498141-biden-dnc-increases-donor-limitations-in-race-for-white...

I was disappointed to learn that I could only contribute $5600 as an individual to Joe’s campaign.

But they worked out a scheme to allow a donation of more than half a million bucks.

That's good news.

I can cash in my IRA, sell my house, take out a loan, and scrape together enough to become a minor player.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 9

Gee I have not gotten any so far. We do know Trump is fund raising with the Bernie supporters just as last time. Sad to see the trump  enablers absorb them again.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 9

I get 5 or 6 emails a day from Biden's campaign asking for money. I'm part of the 97% of Bernie supporters who have no intentions of giving Biden a dime. Anyone who knows anything about Bernie's supporters would know why. It's very obvious.

I'll let you people figure it out.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 9

Well we all should have a good idea what a lot of the Bernie supporters are doing. Just follow them in here. They now support Trump and are working hard for him to be reelected just like they did last time.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 9

CriticalThinking

This story illustrates the huge divide between mainstream Democrats, which make up the overwhelming majority of the party, and the radical left, cult like behavior of Bernie supporters. Despite what the Fox propaganda network tells their listeners, most Dems are mainstream and they clearly rejected Bernie's left wing agenda.

I suspect 2020 will be just like 2016, when frustrated Bernie supporters refused to vote for Hillary, and many of them, voted for Trump out of spite.

I think all we can hope for from the Bernie supporters is that they vote for Biden.  They are just not plugged into Biden's financing arm as they were with Bernie.  On the plus side, the latest Fox News poll has Biden at 48% and Trump at a shade less than 40% of American voters. 

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Only 3 Percent of Bernie Sanders Supporters Have Donated to Joe Biden's Campaign

Message 8 of 9

This story illustrates the huge divide between mainstream Democrats, which make up the overwhelming majority of the party, and the radical left, cult like behavior of Bernie supporters. Despite what the Fox propaganda network tells their listeners, most Dems are mainstream and they clearly rejected Bernie's left wing agenda.

I suspect 2020 will be just like 2016, when frustrated Bernie supporters refused to vote for Hillary, and many of them, voted for Trump out of spite.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Only 3 Percent of Bernie Sanders Supporters Have Donated to Joe Biden's Campaign

Message 9 of 9

VIMTSTL
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507

Top Authors