One example of why I flipped on Police Brutality

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: One example of why I flipped on Police Brutality

Message 1 of 7

Nice explanation, Mick.  Could have been included in your first post for clarity, but no biggie.

But......there have been MANY reasons to change your view on police brutality that do not include killing anyone.

But again, very pleased to know you're finally "getting it".  Many never do.  Any thoughts as to why it took so long?

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@Olderscout66 wrote:

IMHO the police were working to use gentle humor to explain why they might draw their guns when making a traffic stop, and how to avoid being on the receiving end of such action. The perp exihibited serious Darwinist behavior and it is mostly good luck that prevented him from being removed from the gene pool by natural selection...of idiots.

It's getting mountains of crapola for things like this that again IMHO cause police to over react - why risk getting shot by someone who just threatened to shoot others when no matter how you try and defuse such situations you get flack from the public?

thanks to Reagans taxscam and other Republican service cutting and promotion of a suicidal reading of the 2d Amendment, cops are out numbered and outgunned and they know this every time they go to work. We expect them to enforce unenforcable drug laws that finance the bad guys private Armies, deal with the results of closing all those custodial care mental facilities to pay for billionaire tax cuts, watch RW juries decide their mistruct of Government extends to prosecuters and let the incredibly guilty go free.

That isn't what they signed up for, and we need to stop using cops as phychiatrists, family counselors, and public punching bags. We did the same with teachers, and how's that working out for us?

I recommend we save our ire for the times when the police actually shoot unarmed people running AWAY from them with no indication the person committed any crime. If we don't, there's going to be an increase in such incidents because that's the mind set of the only folks who will apply for the job.

Gentle Humor - this was Sarcasm and Innuendo and innapropriate - this person was a suspect - the Cops have no Statutory Authority to Convict him either in Legal Reality or in Public Opinion and this is a perfect example of the Wiseguys in Law Enforcement - if this is what they are willing to post on a Public Forum what kinds of things do you think they are saying and doing to suspects in Private......................Police Department Employees are representing all Law Enforcement and at least in my mind are supposed to exhibit their Professionalism not their Comedic skills whenever on duty and dealing with the Public 

Where in the Police Academy or in the Legal Statutes does it give them any authority to Villify a Suspect in Public as an example....................

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@NerdyMom wrote:

No, that's nasty and condescending, a tactic used by people in power to keep others in line.

And has no regard for "innocent until proven guilty."

And is just plain unprofessional behavior (posting in a sarcastic way),  for any profession. 

I agree, NerdyMom with everything you posted.

Mick, this isn't an example of police brutality as you suggest.  Think Rodney King.....Floyd Dent....Richard Hubbard and hundreds of others like the two incidents you posted when you "saw the light".  It's been going on for decades, but pleased to see another one of us Whities see the light.  We only have something to be ashamed of if we keep our heads buried in the sand.

Well First - I did not suggest this was a example of Police Brutality but thanks for the Oversight anyway

Second what I was attempting to convey was how this Police Department appears to have at least a few Wiseguys with Guns & Badges who have access to commenting on Social Media representing the entire Police Department...............

My concerns are multiple but lets say for example the suspect did not comply in a manner found acceptable to the Officers in the Scene - I think it's implicit at least in their commentary that they would have possibly - blown the guy away

Again, this is all before any Due Process and before we know for sure this was not a case of misunderstanding - misidentification - etc.

My point in referencing this to Police Brutality - the kind that ends in someone dying - is that these Haverhill Ma Officers appear to be implying that they were willing to take such action - use deadly force - over a petty theft of Diapers or something - no Officer up and until the traffic stop actually saw any weapon - it was simply reported by witnesses that he drew a weapon - it could have been a squirt gun or a BB gun or nothing as we have seen from Eye Witness Reports before

This is why this incident is a example of why I changed my tune on Police Brutality because here is a local Police Force I am aware of - drive through the community frequently and now beleive they employ Officers of questionable judgement and competent statutory decision making ability and the best part is if you went to the actual Facebook Post - my offense & critique to the Post was overwhelmingly condemned by the majority of other posters - dozens and dozens of posters felt this was a awesome example of Police Conduct during the incident and their commentary on Social Media was a Public Service

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

IMHO the police were working to use gentle humor to explain why they might draw their guns when making a traffic stop, and how to avoid being on the receiving end of such action. The perp exihibited serious Darwinist behavior and it is mostly good luck that prevented him from being removed from the gene pool by natural selection...of idiots.

It's getting mountains of crapola for things like this that again IMHO cause police to over react - why risk getting shot by someone who just threatened to shoot others when no matter how you try and defuse such situations you get flack from the public?

thanks to Reagans taxscam and other Republican service cutting and promotion of a suicidal reading of the 2d Amendment, cops are out numbered and outgunned and they know this every time they go to work. We expect them to enforce unenforcable drug laws that finance the bad guys private Armies, deal with the results of closing all those custodial care mental facilities to pay for billionaire tax cuts, watch RW juries decide their mistruct of Government extends to prosecuters and let the incredibly guilty go free.

That isn't what they signed up for, and we need to stop using cops as phychiatrists, family counselors, and public punching bags. We did the same with teachers, and how's that working out for us?

I recommend we save our ire for the times when the police actually shoot unarmed people running AWAY from them with no indication the person committed any crime. If we don't, there's going to be an increase in such incidents because that's the mind set of the only folks who will apply for the job.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

@NerdyMom wrote:

No, that's nasty and condescending, a tactic used by people in power to keep others in line.

And is just plain unprofessional behavior (posting in a sarcastic way),  for any profession. 

I agree, NerdyMom with everything you posted.

Mick, this isn't an example of police brutality as you suggest.  Think Rodney King.....Floyd Dent....Richard Hubbard and hundreds of others like the two incidents you posted when you "saw the light".  It's been going on for decades, but pleased to see another one of us Whities see the light.  We only have something to be ashamed of if we keep our heads buried in the sand.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

One example of why I flipped on Police Brutality

Message 7 of 7

This is a Facebook Post from the Haverhill Ma Police Departments Facebook Page - to put it bluntly - it passed be off big time......................

Here we have the Police at least my interpretation of the Police Action as Publicly Villifying a Suspect

This to me - reads like a SNL Skit - I do not look to my Police Department for Entertainment

I also decided to pretend to put myself or maybe even one of my friends or family members as this suspect especially if they were a innocent suspect caught up in either a mistaken identity or misundertanding and what they would have had to endure

What Say Any Of You - Is this also Mick over-reacting and exhibiting righteous indignation?

Haverhill Police.png

Haverhill Police One.png

Source - https://www.facebook.com/HaverhillPolice/?hc_ref=ARRZjfs4k0DyrooQWH-P9K0CU5RPgRjPZnq45JKHnuYoN5iMkAN...

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors