Get the vision care news and information you need in the AARP Eye Center.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: One big thing people don’t know about single payer ( Medicare-for-All)

Message 51 of 66

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53

I am not mentioning anything - just stating what the poll showed - they like single payer - but it will not affect them.

Think proponents better get to work - OH, but maybe they don't - keep 'em dumb and they will be for it since they think it does not affect them.

HA, HA, HA . . . . . . . Woman LOL. . .  . Woman LOL

HAHAHAHA!! . I addressed your topic and asked you a question..which you always duck. Not the first time i have asked.

So it begins.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 52 of 66

@ChasKy53 wrote:

You forgot to mention that a single payer would eliminate the costs of health care for our military, both active and retired.

To the contrary.  It would only switch the burden of this health care from the Department of Defense to whichever federal department would be charged with administering the plan.  That would be true with the other federal programs where the administration would be shifted to that new federal department, more than likely the Department of Health and Human Services.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 53 of 66

Good Grief, people - ever try to stay on topic?

The only thing being discussed here and (my llaughing at are the poll results in my initial thread which came to the conclusion that when asked about a single payer system the polled masses thought it would not affect the coverage they have now.

read the link - it is a reputable one -  so I am lead to believe from my friends in the medical stats area.

Mr. Altman points out that many in the individual marketplace thought this same thing about Obamacare.  

Thus unless people have a problem with their health care coverage - real or perceived, they think any fix for whatever is for the other guy cause theirs is just fine.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 54 of 66

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

HA, HA, HA, HA . . . . . . Woman LOL. . . . . . Woman LOL

?????  What's with the laughter, Gail?  Seems a little odd and misplaced to me.  Are you laughing because you "found somethinG' that you never mentioned before?  Or that others weren't aware of it?  Odd...

Certainly as bright as you are, you know we've never had a single-payer system before and it's most likely new "insurance arrangements" would be created if a single-payor system was ever put into place.

Seems to me, to be FOR or AGAINST something that you at least would have to understand the basic concept especially for something like a single payer system.

People make opinion options based on what they THINK about something - The opinion doesn't have to be correct in scope, coverage or cost - just what they THINK.

people against Hillary put Trump in office, because he was an unknown. Howd that work?

I have no delusions what single payer will do..it will change my cadillac plan from wifes retirement, taxes will go up, AND..the stock market will fall. As insurance companies disappear the surluss cash they keep in the market will go to parachutes of all kinds, unless the got seizes assets too, which isnt likey.

Its just plain wrong for the richest nation on earth to NOT provide healthcare to its citizens of all economic strata. no way, in this country, should we be held hostage by the COST of our healthcare.

Ill fill this under Pursuit of Happiness..when how you pay for your healthcare is no longer a concern, or causing you to skip utility bills.

Its not free, never will be. its a huge country, 300 mil + citizens, wages to healthcare workers, cost of equipment, facilities and their expences, no one thinks thats free,  only the people AGAINST a sigle payer cant grasp what is well known to people that want single payer. What it REMOVES is the word PROFIT from healthcare organizations. health care was esentially non profit until Nixon and Kaiser got together. what WILL be SAVED is in efficiencies at the paperwork end. No more hodge podge of paperwork. No more boards of directors sucking billions out of peoples illnesses. 

We all know you dont want any kind of healthcare reform that moves towrd single payer type systems. Please explain why what you pay for your illness SHOULD go to a board of directors ( probably thousands of board members) and why a multitude of CEOS should get rich because they manage to squeeze more profit from the sick? that seems to be your view.

So it begins.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 55 of 66
The bottom line: There is no sweeping health reform plan without tradeoffs, as we learned with both the ACA and the Republican repeal-and-replace plans. The fact that so many people don't know that a national health plan would require them to change their insurance arrangements underscores the challenge of making the transition from a popular idea to a reality for a single-payer national health plan.

==========================

Canada has a two tier system with their so called single payer plan.

Canada has private clinics were people with money can go. Others go to the government run clinics.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 56 of 66

@GailL1 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

HA, HA, HA, HA . . . . . . Woman LOL. . . . . . Woman LOL

?????  What's with the laughter, Gail?  Seems a little odd and misplaced to me.  Are you laughing because you "found somethinG' that you never mentioned before?  Or that others weren't aware of it?  Odd...

Certainly as bright as you are, you know we've never had a single-payer system before and it's most likely new "insurance arrangements" would be created if a single-payor system was ever put into place.

Seems to me, to be FOR or AGAINST something that you at least would have to understand the basic concept especially for something like a single payer system.  Now I'll LMAO!  Think everyone was aware of  trump's inabilities before they voted for him?  Do you think Americans had a basic understanding of the tax plan before it was voted on?  How about the trumpCare?  IMO, you've lost a step or three these last few days.....  You used to post more intelligently.

People make opinion options based on what they THINK about something - The opinion doesn't have to be correct in scope, coverage or cost - just what they THINK.  Of course....just like YOU!!!  Yet you laugh at them...AGAIN, it seems you didn't know either until you found the info a second time.....

Ha ha ha?  Come on...

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 57 of 66

@Centristsin2010–I believe you hit the nail on the head, Cent. About a month ago, I had occasion to be discussing health insurance with three docs. Two were all for a single payer system, as was I.

The third said, “Well look, in Europe, if your’e 70 and you need a new organ, you won’t get it. The system says you have lived your lives.

To which one of the first two said, “And you don't Think a single payer system can be tweaked, modernized, and made to effectively function in this country?” 

Laughter all around—and then one of the first two said to the third, “God, John, you sound like a Republican.”  Boy did doc three turn red!

Good laugh, but I believe it could work, despite growing pains.

Nothing worth having is ever easy.

Gee, I miss having a real president!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 58 of 66

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53

I am not mentioning anything - just stating what the poll showed - they like single payer - but it will not affect them.

Think proponents better get to work - OH, but maybe they don't - keep 'em dumb and they will be for it since they think it does not affect them.

"Keep 'em dumb" and many against a single payer will keep posting erroneous information about it on political chat sites.

HA, HA,  HA .........Man LOL ........ Man LOL

I am commenting purely on the poll and Mr. Altman's take on it - maybe AARP should do a poll on it to find out how the membership sees it -

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 59 of 66

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53

"Keep 'em dumb" and many against a single payer will keep posting erroneous information about it on political chat sites.

HA, HA,  HA .........Man LOL ........ Man LOL

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 60 of 66

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

People make opinion options based on what they THINK about something - The opinion doesn't have to be correct in scope, coverage or cost - just what they THINK.

Just as you seem to do.

I am purely commenting on the results of the poll - which is hilarious. . . .

Oh, yes, their reasoning is so sound - it is a good plan FOR OTHERS . . . . WON'T affect me !!

HA, HA , HA . . . . . . Woman LOL    Woman LOL     Woman LOL

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors