Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Once again, a MILITARY VETERAN is involved in domestic terrorism

Message 1 of 7

@gruffstuff wrote:

Trump just had the current leader of the Proud Boys sitting behind him at a rally, do you think Trump is sending signals?

Are people with a natural inclination to do violence being encouraged and steered toward violence?

ABSOLUTELY!

Nancy Pelosi et al. on a newspaper: A layout that appears in the March 2019 edition of the National Rifle Association's official journal.

NRA Facing Backlash Over 'Target Practice' Picture

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nra-facing-backlash-over-target-practice-picture/ar-BBTZa9d?li=BBn...

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that there would be chaos across the country if he were impeached....

“I’m not concerned, no,”....“I think that the people would revolt if that happened.”

There can be no doubt in that the NRA and the president are guilty of promoting and encouraging violence, as in mass killings.  To imagine the Coast Guard terrorist is a one-off is truly stupid.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

@gruffstuff wrote:

Trump just had the current leader of the Proud Boys sitting behind him at a rally, do you think Trump is sending signals?

Are people with a natural inclination to do violence being encouraged and steered toward violence?

I absolutely believe he is and that he is very confident the message in all of his signaling is taken as a directive to accomplish a truth he wants to see.  But HE is "not concerned". !!!

12/11/2018

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that there would be chaos across the country if he were impeached.

“I’m not concerned, no,” the president told Reuters reporters about his potential impeachment during an interview in the Oval Office. “I think that the people would revolt if that happened.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/12/11/trump-impeachment-white-house-1058779 

I think there is a dark network of white supremacy, violence, and terrorism in the US most of the people know very little about and can barely imagine.

Quite so.  This is terrifying.  I don't believe for a minute that law inforcement is "not concerned" and not preparing for whatever will be learned from the multitude of trump investigations. 

In 2018, we tracked 1,020 hate groups across the U.S.

https://www.splcenter.org/hate-map

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

@gruffstuff wrote:

Proud Boys or not, I think good possibility he is sending signals. It's telling that according to Yahoo News, among the documents seized was...

A spreadsheet of potential targets compiled by Hasson included Democratic House speaker Nancy Pelosi, Democratic Senate minority leader Chuck Schumer, Democratic Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and other Democrats in the House and Senate.

Media personalities on the list included CNN's Don Lemon and Chris Cuomo and MSNBC's Chris Hayes and Joe Scarborough.

Trump has been sending some pretty strong signals about the press being the enemy of the people and we all know what he thinks of Democrats.  Of course, he denies any culpability or responsibility because as he put it, "I think my language is very nice".  Un-huh.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Thanks goodness he was caught and not able to carry out with his plan. I understand he had quite an arsenal at his disposal. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Thanks goodness, the power of the press - this is a born and bred US Terrorist.   It is past time that the RW crazies get called out for what they really are.     Thanks Donald  /s

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

It is quite the paradox that the men and women who are supposed to protect you can be the same people that put you in the most danger.

That's one way to look at it, another is if a person is inclined to kill people then that person might get a job in the military or the police. Authority, guns, a uniform.

Don't get me wrong, I not saying  the police or military are bad in themselves, it's just a good place for a sociopaths to hide and blend in.

Kind of like child molesters joining clergy or working around and having access to children.

Just have to try to weed them out before they hurt someone they're not supposed to.

This guy was a white supremacist, a Nazi, plotting to do what I don't know, it's not like " colored people " ,  Jews, and other people not white Christians  are going anywhere.

Do you think people like this are tools or aberrations or both?

To what ends? 

Intimidation, keep people in their place ?   Maybe we need a strong leader to keep us safe, you know like Trump.

I think there is a dark network of white supremacy, violence, and terrorism in the US most of the people know very little about and can barely imagine.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Once again, a MILITARY VETERAN is involved in domestic terrorism

Message 7 of 7

This issue has raised its ugly head once again.

Thank GOD that this VETERAN was caught before he could complete his plan or this might have been the worst mass killing yet.

Be it the Dallas Police Shootings, the Sikh Temple Shootings, or the Luby's Cafeteria Massacre, the truth is that while VETERANS make up 13% of the adult population............

THEY ARE THE PERPETRATORS IN 34% OF THE 43 WORST MASS SHOOTINGS SINCE 1984.

The military needs to direct more resources toward addressing this issue.

It is quite the paradox that the men and women who are supposed to protect you can be the same people that put you in the most danger.

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors