Honored Social Butterfly

On Fox News

https://thinkprogress.org/tucker-carlson-promotes-white-nationalist-social-media-site-f5d1bb156d1d/

On Fox News, Tucker Carlson promotes white nationalist social media site Bringing bigotry to an audience of millions

Tuesday night, Tucker Carlson used his prime time spot on Fox News to promote a white nationalist social media site, Gab

The New York Times described Gab as “a digital safe space for the far right, where white nationalists, conspiracy-theorist YouTubers, and minivan majority moms can gather without liberal interference.” The Guardian called Gab a “hate-filled echo chamber of racism and conspiracy theories.” Gab’s symbol is a frog, an image that has been widely adopted by white nationalists.

This is what we're up against.

Honored Social Butterfly

Perfect name - Fox pronounced Faux to those with a thinking mind !

Honored Social Butterfly

@mandm84 wrote:

Perfect name - Fox pronounced Faux to those with a thinking mind !

When I was an on the ground activist I had a tshirt that looked like the fox logo..that said faux news. i WAS NOT suprised the sight of that shirt made some pop their cork.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

So as not to criticize the RW here by not repeating the hateful words that some RW media folks like to use, I am criticized.    sigh!       Criticized when the words White Nationalist, White Supremacists, KKK or Neo-Nazi are used to describe the far right fascistic groups,  criticized when ever far right uber wealthy people are called out, criticized for anything that is critical of the RW ideology.     That sounds exactly what Mercer and others are selling - fascism for whites only.  

Monbiot commented:   There is an inherent conflict between “economic freedom” and political liberty. Complete freedom for billionaires means poverty, insecurity, pollution and collapsing public services for everyone else. Because we will not vote for this, it can be delivered only through deception and authoritarian control. The choice we face is between unfettered capitalism and democracy.   You cannot have both.  

And the RW are supporting this by their current acceptance of fascist groups.    (imo)

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

In truth, af, you are not criticized when words like White Nationalist, White Sumpremacist, KKK, or neo-Nazi are used. You are criticized when you call fellow posters those words - as in your last comment about Conservatives accepting fascist groups.

And then there is the "made up" stuff, one of which I addressed with, "Can you provide a "not WASP" quote from Carlson? If not, is your post a misunderstanding or a lie? If you say that you posted that in error, I will take your word for it".

As to Monbiot - we do not have "unfettered capitalism". 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

In truth, af, you are not criticized when words like White Nationalist, White Sumpremacist, KKK, or neo-Nazi are used. You are criticized when you call fellow posters those words - as in your last comment about Conservatives accepting fascist groups.

And then there is the "made up" stuff, one of which I addressed with, "Can you provide a "not WASP" quote from Carlson? If not, is your post a misunderstanding or a lie? If you say that you posted that in error, I will take your word for it".

As to Monbiot - we do not have "unfettered capitalism". 

And the majority of posters here can be assured that it's been proved that afisher's post is incorrect and yours is correct by what? 

Chicken entrails, the Ouija board, cartomancy, the statements of a republican/conservative?

Observe - only a quarter of American Citizens voted for trump to begin with and only a quarter of American Citizens now wholly support him.

That proportion is duplicated here on "Politics and Current Events".

We're being courteous, you know...

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

It is interesting that some of the RW know that they are failing, if we are to believe some  Republicans  who make claims that they are not racist.    

Will they write threads supporting  Carlson and Alex Jones who are pushing racism, by suggesting that looters are "not WASP"  .     What about another major RW spox is also saying that Hurrican Irma is a hoax.   

And then there are the RW evangelical folks who are saying that Irma / Harvey are gods way of telling people to repent and to teach some sort of humility lesson.     Then another pushes that if the LGBTQ legislation is not immediately repealed, prior to Irma aka:  National Repentence via SCOTUS.    Then all is lost.   

Watch the threads.....

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

afisher:    What about another major RW spox is also saying that Hurrican Irma is a hoax.   

That particular fat slug of a spox decided to evacuate ahead of the fake hurricane. You can't make this stuff up.   🙂  🙂  🙂

Honored Social Butterfly

@afisher wrote:

It is interesting that some of the RW know that they are failing, if we are to believe some  Republicans  who make claims that they are not racist.    

Will they write threads supporting  Carlson and Alex Jones who are pushing racism, by suggesting that looters are "not WASP"  .     What about another major RW spox is also saying that Hurrican Irma is a hoax.   

And then there are the RW evangelical folks who are saying that Irma / Harvey are gods way of telling people to repent and to teach some sort of humility lesson.     Then another pushes that if the LGBTQ legislation is not immediately repealed, prior to Irma aka:  National Repentence via SCOTUS.    Then all is lost.   

Watch the threads.....

Can you provide a "not WASP" quote from Carlson? If not, is your post a misunderstanding or a lie? If you say that you posted that in error, I will take your word for it.

Honored Social Butterfly

I have a feeling that some on this chat site will try and defend both Fox promoting a chat site for White Nationalist bigots, and the chat site itself. Wouldn't surprise me if posters from here would actually participate in the site. How sad that is.

Man learns from history that man learns nothing from history.
Honored Social Butterfly

Pepe the Frog is now considered a symbol of hate.

His creator is trying to find a way to "kill off" his creation - good for him.

44>dolt45
Honored Social Butterfly

pepe.jpg

The antifa was here.

So it begins.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png