Tell Congress to Oppose Any Tax Bill That Would Increase Taxes for Seniors! Take Action Now

Gold Conversationalist

RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns)

Message 1 of 37 (227 Views)

* a dual-purpose emoticon: it spreads warmth and cheer to all of us... and irritates the "heck" outa them ...LOL

Silver Conversationalist

Message 2 of 37 (227 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by conradsy

Unlike you, axshaw doesn't violate TOS when she posts.

Her posts are intelligent, funny, and respectul toward everyone. She is a very welcome addition to this board.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 37 (227 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by conradsy

Somebody please tell ax to keep her bigoted views in Canada.

Why don't you make that suggestion to AARP? Tell them you think a little censorship is in order here? LOL

Gold Conversationalist

Message 4 of 37 (227 Views)

OOps - I can still see the words of the cute little pumpkin spreading love and freedom  throughout the land....what a cutie...:-)))

...glad I saw it before I block.... 

......but the little tyke is getting hot and starting to split some seams....should be an interesting sight ....( .when a pumpkin bursts and there's no-one there to see it, does it make a sound?.. ) .

Gold Conversationalist

Message 5 of 37 (227 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by cashew

Somebody please tell ax to keep her bigoted views in Canada.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 6 of 37 (227 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by cat2009

Was I supposed to notice something from the robot?

Thanks cat2009 - I gather you are once again defending free speech.

It's amusing  to think that he rails on at me when I don't even see it - and only notice when someone else makes a comment.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 7 of 37 (227 Views)

In Response to Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by axshew

Oklahoma is home to many goofy ideas. They regularly send nutjobs to Congress like the climate change denier king, Inhoufe, and former obstetrician Tom Coburn. Their legislature is mostly good for entertainment.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 8 of 37 (233 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by robokop

You appear to believe that you're the board's policeman. Give it a rest. Most of us welcome axshew's insightful contributions. If you don't, then don't read them.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 9 of 37 (233 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by paulga

You are welcome to speak up more often!

Well said.

Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist

Message 10 of 37 (233 Views)

In Response to RE: Oklahomans ban Sharia law - just in case...(next they ban unicorns) by jnmns1  I usually ignore all these political posts.  I hoped in vain to find more collective wisdom in my own age cohort, but it's not to be.

I don't want Sharia law, either, but the Muslim world can't even get it to be the law of the land throughout the Islamic world!  Only a few have a full version of it, others have it for civil but not criminal law, still others, like Turkey, are completely secular.

So, if the fanatics among them have never succeeded in getting it established in their own world, do we really have to be concerned that it will happen here?  Although I have to say that the West, collectively, shows a lack of common purpose, a want of firmness and common sense that do give cause for worry.  As if the West is afraid to show that it has values or that there are certain things that are ABSOLUTELY right and true.

Ok, I know this was basically for nothing, but I feel a tad better now.