Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Oh look, it's the Antifa

Message 21 of 44

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Antifa protesters participated in the 2017 Berkeley protestswhere they gained mainstream media attention, "thr[owing] Molotov cocktails and smash[ing] windows."[2][10]

Granted, that is just one piece but illustrative. Do you support that approach to the denial of free speech??

Don't let you new-found "white guilt" push you too far over the line. 

I had no idea you were such a staunch defender of the white race.  Those protests you mention were over Milo Yiannopoulos. Wasn't he the guy who's right to free speech the GOP trampled all over  (according to the above definition) when they cancelled his speaking engagement over his "love of boys" advocacy?  

What would lead to to such an offensive, racial comment about me?? I have no interest in Milo's race. His free speech rights and those of the his audience were denied by violent actions. THAT and only THAT is my point.

Try to stick to the facts and stop looking for insults to hurl.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 44

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Antifa protesters participated in the 2017 Berkeley protestswhere they gained mainstream media attention, "thr[owing] Molotov cocktails and smash[ing] windows."[2][10]

Granted, that is just one piece but illustrative. Do you support that approach to the denial of free speech??

I had no idea you were such a staunch defender of the white race.  Those protests you mention were over Milo Yiannopoulos. Wasn't he the guy who's right to free speech the GOP trampled all over  (according to the above definition) when they cancelled his speaking engagement over his "love of boys" advocacy? 

You are right, Rich.  Breitbart fired Milo because of his pro-transgender and man/child fetishes.  Fre-speech be damned.  They are a bunch of hypocrites.  You'll recall none of the Conservatives citing free speech now didn't call out Breitbart.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 44

I don't like violence at all, and don't like it if antifa types are violent.  However, there were four arrests in Charlottesville last weekend, and all four were white supremacists, part of the "Unite the Right" demonstration.   One of whom actually killed somebody.   The only bad guys here are the white supremacists.  

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 44

This whole thing could have been avoided if both sides held legal rallies on different days. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 44

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 44

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The Anti Fascists or AntiFa believe in fighting fire with fire.  One of the most memorable Antifa actions was captured on film when White Lives Matter representative Richard Spencer was punched in the face while giving an interview.  The are giving the Alt-Right, KKK, and Nazis some thoughts as they make it a bit more risky to parade around in public pretending their goal is not the ownership of human beings. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

Not really. One one side the "fire" is words; on the other side it is bricks and blocking public access. I call your attention to Berkeley.

Granted, in the Charlottesville situation both sides came armed. Who was the aggressor and who was the defender is up for debate. But one side did have an announced and permitted demonstration planned.

And I have seen nothing about "ownership". Possibly you have quotes.

Seems the Antifa is looking at what happened the last time people ignored fascists and are determined not to let it happen again.  Alt-Right, fighting for your right to own your own person

When was that "last time" that made it acceptable for them to take the law into their own hands?

I have not heard anything about "own your own person". What does that mean, are you talking about reinstituting slavery?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 44

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The Anti Fascists or AntiFa believe in fighting fire with fire.  One of the most memorable Antifa actions was captured on film when White Lives Matter representative Richard Spencer was punched in the face while giving an interview.  The are giving the Alt-Right, KKK, and Nazis some thoughts as they make it a bit more risky to parade around in public pretending their goal is not the ownership of human beings. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

Not really. One one side the "fire" is words; on the other side it is bricks and blocking public access. I call your attention to Berkeley.

Granted, in the Charlottesville situation both sides came armed. Who was the aggressor and who was the defender is up for debate. But one side did have an announced and permitted demonstration planned.

And I have seen nothing about "ownership". Possibly you have quotes.

Is this going to be a Daily Issue With You Now - how is anyone going to initiate any - "Discussable Alternatives" - when you post this gibberish?

"Not really. - One one side the "fire" is words;" 

One One Side

Huh? - WOT?

What is the confusion?? Rich's post brought up "fire". To understand a post you have to read the one it is in response to.

As to "daily issue" - I suspect this might be going on for a long, long time. The radical left has a "cause".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 44

@MIseker wrote:

o antifa.png

No MIseker, they are not wearing Guy Fawkes masks or bandannas.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 44

@MIseker wrote:

anyone that states friday night actions on UVA campus was permittied is telling a lie. Anyone that says the permit was for anything other than preservation of the statue is telling a lie. You pay lip service about the antifa but you have no idea how it or its supporters work or what they stand for.

If they were operating outside the law, whose job is it to attend to that - the police or an armed mob that came to town looking for a fight?

Would you care to start a topic on antifa so we can all share your vast knowledge?

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors