Views

Re: Oh look, it's the Antifa

Message 11 of 44

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The Anti Fascists or AntiFa believe in fighting fire with fire.  One of the most memorable Antifa actions was captured on film when White Lives Matter representative Richard Spencer was punched in the face while giving an interview.  The are giving the Alt-Right, KKK, and Nazis some thoughts as they make it a bit more risky to parade around in public pretending their goal is not the ownership of human beings. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

Not really. One one side the "fire" is words; on the other side it is bricks and blocking public access. I call your attention to Berkeley.

Granted, in the Charlottesville situation both sides came armed. Who was the aggressor and who was the defender is up for debate. But one side did have an announced and permitted demonstration planned.

And I have seen nothing about "ownership". Possibly you have quotes.

Is this going to be a Daily Issue With You Now - how is anyone going to initiate any - "Discussable Alternatives" - when you post this gibberish?

"Not really. - One one side the "fire" is words;" 

One One Side

Huh? - WOT?

What is the confusion?? Rich's post brought up "fire". To understand a post you have to read the one it is in response to.

As to "daily issue" - I suspect this might be going on for a long, long time. The radical left has a "cause".

Why don;t you just READ what you wrote.....................it's shouldn't be that difficult for someone as Critical of Others Grammar Puctuation & Spelling

"One one side the"

Any thinking about antifa????

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 44

@Richva wrote:

We are known by our friends and who we defend.  The Nazis, Fascists, and KKK in Charlottesville are hoping we will all legitimize their position by calling it "free speech".

We do not get to determine "free speech" and neither do the brownshirts of the left. That is left to the Courts.

Unfortunately for them, killing people and shouting anti Semitic chants during torchlight marches just does not endure them to the Americans who understand what America is about.  I suspect some people here could use a lesson or two on what these actors have done to the world and America over the years. 

And turning over the nation to the mobs on the street also has lessons to learn.

However much I disagree with your attempt to defend these people,(not "these people", their rights) I will fight to the death for your right to do so.

Thank you, and I yours....... well, "death".......hmmmm.......let me think about that one a bit 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 44

In 2013 I was on my way to the racetrack in West Melbourne, FL. On my way there, I saw many protesters in front of the IRS building holding up signs and making a lot of noise. A few hours later, on my way home, I saw the protesters were still there, but this time they were across the street from the IRS building. They probably were told by law enforcement that they had to move across the street. I didn't really agree with their protest, but I think protesting is fine, even necessary for democracy to work.

In Melbourne, FL, during the lead up to the Iraq War, there were anti-war protesters marching. As they marched, some people driving by would beep their horns and give the protesters a "thumbs up". Others would hold up a finger (not the thumb). Some drivers would shout out "Move to France!". Those protests were considered peaceful and legal.

#1 - People should get a permit to avoid problems.

When one group charges down to a protest to confront another group it often leads to some sort of violence and arrests.

Let people protest at different times. If the media gives fair coverage of the events, I'm sure people will make their own judgements. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 44

Hey, take a chill pill before you have a stroke. I hate the KKK and White Supremacist as well as the Nazi and think of them as thugs and white trash, but I also try to be open minded and respectful of others openions. I am ashamed to admit that sometimes I let comments get under my skin and make some "Snarky," comments. You can't change anyone's mind by picking a fight. 

Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 44

I agree that having events on different days would been a good idea, but I think the White Supremacist,KKK, Neo-Nazis would attended both just to create problems. That is the kind of thing hate filled groups do. In the mean time the Alt Right fans the fires of hate and does their double talk to protect these thugs. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@gordyfl wrote:

This whole thing could have been avoided if both sides held legal rallies on different days. 

Agreed. But it seems that one group was there to suppress the rights of the other, not to have a rally.

Do you not think that the White Supremacist/Nationalist agenda of the KKK should be objected to?

Do you support the White Supremacist Nationalist agenda and actions of the kKK?

Do you not think that others should have the right to protest against them? Do you think that protesting against them is deserving of being ran over and killed by a KKK sympathist in a vehicle?

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

The Anti Fascists or AntiFa believe in fighting fire with fire.  One of the most memorable Antifa actions was captured on film when White Lives Matter representative Richard Spencer was punched in the face while giving an interview.  The are giving the Alt-Right, KKK, and Nazis some thoughts as they make it a bit more risky to parade around in public pretending their goal is not the ownership of human beings. 

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/14/us/what-is-antifa-trnd/index.html

Not really. One one side the "fire" is words; on the other side it is bricks and blocking public access. I call your attention to Berkeley.

Granted, in the Charlottesville situation both sides came armed. Who was the aggressor and who was the defender is up for debate. But one side did have an announced and permitted demonstration planned.

And I have seen nothing about "ownership". Possibly you have quotes.

Is this going to be a Daily Issue With You Now - how is anyone going to initiate any - "Discussable Alternatives" - when you post this gibberish?

"Not really. - One one side the "fire" is words;" 

One One Side

Huh? - WOT?

What is the confusion?? Rich's post brought up "fire". To understand a post you have to read the one it is in response to.

As to "daily issue" - I suspect this might be going on for a long, long time. The radical left has a "cause".

Why don;t you just READ what you wrote.....................it's shouldn't be that difficult for someone as Critical of Others Grammar Puctuation & Spelling

"One one side the"

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 44

@rk9152 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Antifa protesters participated in the 2017 Berkeley protestswhere they gained mainstream media attention, "thr[owing] Molotov cocktails and smash[ing] windows."[2][10]

Granted, that is just one piece but illustrative. Do you support that approach to the denial of free speech??

Don't let you new-found "white guilt" push you too far over the line. 

I had no idea you were such a staunch defender of the white race.  Those protests you mention were over Milo Yiannopoulos. Wasn't he the guy who's right to free speech the GOP trampled all over  (according to the above definition) when they cancelled his speaking engagement over his "love of boys" advocacy?  

What would lead to to such an offensive, racial comment about me?? I have no interest in Milo's race. His free speech rights and those of the his audience were denied by violent actions. THAT and only THAT is my point.

Try to stick to the facts and stop looking for insults to hurl.

We are known by our friends and who we defend.  The Nazis, Fascists, and KKK in Charlottesville are hoping we will all legitimize their position by calling it "free speech".  Unfortunately for them, killing people and shouting anti Semitic chants during torchlight marches just does not endure them to the Americans who understand what America is about.  I suspect some people here could use a lesson or two on what these actors have done to the world and America over the years. 

However much I disagree with your attempt to defend these people, I will fight to the death for your right to do so.  

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 44

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Antifa protesters participated in the 2017 Berkeley protestswhere they gained mainstream media attention, "thr[owing] Molotov cocktails and smash[ing] windows."[2][10]

Granted, that is just one piece but illustrative. Do you support that approach to the denial of free speech??

Don't let you new-found "white guilt" push you too far over the line. 

I had no idea you were such a staunch defender of the white race.  Those protests you mention were over Milo Yiannopoulos. Wasn't he the guy who's right to free speech the GOP trampled all over  (according to the above definition) when they cancelled his speaking engagement over his "love of boys" advocacy? 

You are right, Rich.  Breitbart fired Milo because of his pro-transgender and man/child fetishes.  Fre-speech be damned.  They are a bunch of hypocrites.  You'll recall none of the Conservatives citing free speech now didn't call out Breitbart.

So easily distracted. Just the thought of Breitbart and - batta-boom.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 44

@gordyfl wrote:

This whole thing could have been avoided if both sides held legal rallies on different days. 

Agreed. But it seems that one group was there to suppress the rights of the other, not to have a rally.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

This AARP gamer plays to get back her art and identity after a health scare. Read Regan C.’s story, available now.

gamer Regan C.

Top Authors