Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Oh That Right-Wing Ideology.....

Message 1 of 29

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That ignores some things we know about the Brotherhood. It was founded as an all-white prison gang, and the old rules said you had to kill a black inmate to join. A copy of its constitution found in 1994, 10 years after the FBI's analysis, says, "An ARYAN BROTHER is one who shows, gives, and demands his respect where it is due and upholds every moral principle and value of and for all the Elite White Aryan Race." They reportedly use white supremacist literature to attract new members. Prison gangs are still divided along racial lines, though it seems not all inmates are entirely devoted to the cause. 

Never been is prison or even been a defendant in a civil case. However I did spend a lot of time in bars in my drinking days. I knew people that were in the Ayran Brotherhood inside prison. They were Nazis, swastikas, death heads, sig runes, the whole deal. 

They rode bikes, sold drugs, smuggled drugs, made x amount of money a week as a mule,  robbed people, I heard stories of killings, how they got there, what they did. War stories I call them.

As I remember it, the impression I got was they were racist / white supremacists  before they went to prison, once they became inmates they really didn't like being the racial minority there. The tattoos were jailhouse tattoos, the ideology was Nazi.

I didn't  know them as inmates, I knew them as older, more mellowed out, ex cons,  but even then it was Nixxer Beware.

Nazis are not just  something from history, they're alive and well today in the USA. 

It's borne out of white / racial supremacy. I think it's been downplayed in the history books.  

Downplayed by the history books but now the Cult of hate is going to rewrite the history books to defend their ideology while slandering another.

No wonder so many put up silly pictures, there is no rational way to do that rewrite.

Yep, downplayed in the history books, yet many on the right and the Alt-Right seem to want to ignore that and ignore or deny that the Aryan Brotherhood are racists, bigots and White Supremacists, along with the KKK. Yes they are Nazi related, who are also White Supremacists. No "rewrite" here, just the truth. Someone would have to have lived an over-sheltered life of lived under a rock to not know these things.

I have seen no one here say that the AB is not racist nor defend the Nazis or Kluxers.

Do you have specific examples or are you just looking to insult your fellow posters???

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That ignores some things we know about the Brotherhood. It was founded as an all-white prison gang, and the old rules said you had to kill a black inmate to join. A copy of its constitution found in 1994, 10 years after the FBI's analysis, says, "An ARYAN BROTHER is one who shows, gives, and demands his respect where it is due and upholds every moral principle and value of and for all the Elite White Aryan Race." They reportedly use white supremacist literature to attract new members. Prison gangs are still divided along racial lines, though it seems not all inmates are entirely devoted to the cause. 

Never been is prison or even been a defendant in a civil case. However I did spend a lot of time in bars in my drinking days. I knew people that were in the Ayran Brotherhood inside prison. They were Nazis, swastikas, death heads, sig runes, the whole deal. 

They rode bikes, sold drugs, smuggled drugs, made x amount of money a week as a mule,  robbed people, I heard stories of killings, how they got there, what they did. War stories I call them.

As I remember it, the impression I got was they were racist / white supremacists  before they went to prison, once they became inmates they really didn't like being the racial minority there. The tattoos were jailhouse tattoos, the ideology was Nazi.

I didn't  know them as inmates, I knew them as older, more mellowed out, ex cons,  but even then it was Nixxer Beware.

Nazis are not just  something from history, they're alive and well today in the USA. 

It's borne out of white / racial supremacy. I think it's been downplayed in the history books.  

Downplayed by the history books but now the Cult of hate is going to rewrite the history books to defend their ideology while slandering another.

No wonder so many put up silly pictures, there is no rational way to do that rewrite.

Yep, downplayed in the history books, yet many on the right and the Alt-Right seem to want to ignore that and ignore or deny that the Aryan Brotherhood are racists, bigots and White Supremacists, along with the KKK. Yes they are Nazi related, who are also White Supremacists. No "rewrite" here, just the truth. Someone would have to have lived an over-sheltered life of lived under a rock to not know these things.

"The only thing man learns from history is man learns nothing from history"
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 29

Hello EVERYONE,

Whilst we appreciate robust debate, we expect that everyone will treat each other with respect, and allow people to have differing opinions than your own without being insulted.

We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

Please remember to post according to the guidelines

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 29

LOL!  People don't need to manufacture anything to have disdain for a liar, a cheat, a bigot and a conman.  I find it odd some prefer to embrace him,  These are his "policies"and this is the new (?) right wing ideology!

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 

Am I the only one that finds it hypocritical that some define the “cult of hate” as being those who speak out against racism, and white supremacy?

That is in effect racists and white supremists calling those that speak out against them as hateful!...really!

That is absolute denial and projectionism. We know what we see and hear. Racism and white supremacy exist in our Country, and preach hate and division...that’s not right, and it is very real. 

It is your finding that is in error. It ("the cult of hate") refers to those who obsess over our President, constantly making up new ways to criticize him or his family.Well, that's how YOU wish to define it.  Many see him as just like any other White Nationalist.....hating anyone that isn't a white male, just like a few posting here."hate" again - your usual obsession. but i have seen no indication of what you claim. As always with wild claims - some specificity would make it seem less hateful. nothing about racism or white supremacy in that.  In YOUR mind.....In any rational mind not consumed by blind hatred.

Yes, there are nasty people who preach hate and that is not right. And yet, you support them....trump in particularly! Insulting, as always and without any substantiation - as always. But then there are those who preach hatred for our President and that is not right. Many loathe those who preach hate, including the President. Yes, many loathe the President and manufacture justifications. Much like those who constantly seek out examples of inappropriate action on the part of a police officer to rant about - and that is, not right.  Yes, I know you prefer to bury it under the carpet and let it go unabated.....yes, that's hate for the Bill of Rights and holding those in violation of such accountable; just as you defend the President for his crimes.  It's all relevant.....it works for those with fascist and racist desires.  Ya see?  You found your own example....More unsubstantiated  insults. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 

Am I the only one that finds it hypocritical that some define the “cult of hate” as being those who speak out against racism, and white supremacy?

That is in effect racists and white supremists calling those that speak out against them as hateful!...really!

That is absolute denial and projectionism. We know what we see and hear. Racism and white supremacy exist in our Country, and preach hate and division...that’s not right, and it is very real. 

It is your finding that is in error. It ("the cult of hate") refers to those who obsess over our President, constantly making up new ways to criticize him or his family.Well, that's how YOU wish to define it.  Many see him as just like any other White Nationalist.....hating anyone that isn't a white male, just like a few posting here.  nothing about racism or white supremacy in that.  In YOUR mind.....

Yes, there are nasty people who preach hate and that is not right. And yet, you support them....trump in particularly! But then there are those who preach hatred for our President and that is not right. Many loathe those who preach hate, including the President.  Much like those who constantly seek out examples of inappropriate action on the part of a police officer to rant about - and that is, not right.  Yes, I know you prefer to bury it under the carpet and let it go unabated.....yes, that's hate for the Bill of Rights and holding those in violation of such accountable; just as you defend the President for his crimes.  It's all relevant.....it works for those with fascist and racist desires.  Ya see?  You found your own example....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

Silly person.  Texas has been whitewashing its books for years to hold racism true to their hearts.....and yet you haven't complained one bit.  Shocking, eh? If you are worried about history, you could actually do something about it by stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity and speak out against it.

"Silly person"???? Really???  Yeah, I was going to use something more playful, like silly rabbit, given your penchant for trying to lure others to you rabbit holes, then I recalled you and others complani (sic)about too many words, so I chose to be kind.....yeah......really, but thanks for asking. No rabbit holes, just places you'd rather not go and ideas yo'd rather not consider.

I could "stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity"?????   Really??  Yes, like most other Americans....  But again, thanks for asking.....

But no answer as to when you thought you saw me defending racism - or is that too complex for you ,hence a "rabbit hole".

That is really quite offensive. Not nearly as offensive as the responses. if you are offended by having your offensive posts called out - don't post them.Specific examples might be called for.Might be......but like many, much time has been waster trying to illustrate thBute(sic) issue for you.  I surmise you have no interest.  It's all in the posts....and you have the same access as the rest of the folks, If you are going to call fellow posters "racists" some specificity would be appropriate,

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 29

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 

It is your finding that is in error. It ("the cult of hate") refers to those who obsess over our President, constantly making up new ways to criticize him or his family. nothing about racism or white supremacy in that.

Yes, there are nasty people who preach hate and that is not right. But then there are those who preach hatred for our President and that is not right. Much like those who constantly seek out examples of inappropriate action on the part of a police officer to rant about - and that is not right.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 29

@williamb39198 wrote:

@Centristsin2010 

Am I the only one that finds it hypocritical that some define the “cult of hate” as being those who speak out against racism, and white supremacy?  No, you are not,  Many see the hypocrist of the white racism in the GOP and supporting trump.....though many just take it for granted and don't say much.

That is in effect racists and white supremists calling those that speak out against them as hateful!...really!  You are indded, correct William.  It's actually laughable.

That is absolute denial and projectionism. We know what we see and hear. Racism and white supremacy exist in our Country, and preach hate and division...that’s not right, and it is very real.Yes  it's quite telling that they claim Liberals are racist yet never can provide any examples and have to go back to the 50's.

Are there a few single incidents now and then, but the Right have organizations of hate, specifically for the purpose of sharing their hateful ideals.

Will, it speaks volumes when you witness a poster who constantly attempts to dumb-down topics and then claims they're trying to have an adult concersation.....too Funny indeed.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

Silly person.  Texas has been whitewashing its books for years to hold racism true to their hearts.....and yet you haven't complained one bit.  Shocking, eh? If you are worried about history, you could actually do something about it by stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity and speak out against it.

"Silly person"???? Really???  Yeah, I was going to use something more playful, like silly rabbit, given your penchant for trying to lure others to you rabbit holes, then I recalled you and others complani about too many words, so I chose to be kind.....yeah......really, but thanks for asking.

I could "stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity"?????   Really??  Yes, like most other Americans....  But again, thanks for asking.....

That is really quite offensive. Not nearly as offensive as the responses.  Specific examples might be called for.Might be......but like many, much time has been waster trying to illustrate thBute issue for you.  I surmise you have no interest.  It's all in the posts....and you have the same access as the rest of the folks,

Kudos
Views