Oh That Right-Wing Ideology.....

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Oh That Right-Wing Ideology.....

Message 11 of 29

@Centristsin2010 

Am I the only one that finds it hypocritical that some define the “cult of hate” as being those who speak out against racism, and white supremacy?

That is in effect racists and white supremists calling those that speak out against them as hateful!...really!

That is absolute denial and projectionism. We know what we see and hear. Racism and white supremacy exist in our Country, and preach hate and division...that’s not right, and it is very real. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 29

@Centristsin2010 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That ignores some things we know about the Brotherhood. It was founded as an all-white prison gang, and the old rules said you had to kill a black inmate to join. A copy of its constitution found in 1994, 10 years after the FBI's analysis, says, "An ARYAN BROTHER is one who shows, gives, and demands his respect where it is due and upholds every moral principle and value of and for all the Elite White Aryan Race." They reportedly use white supremacist literature to attract new members. Prison gangs are still divided along racial lines, though it seems not all inmates are entirely devoted to the cause. 

Never been is prison or even been a defendant in a civil case. However I did spend a lot of time in bars in my drinking days. I knew people that were in the Ayran Brotherhood inside prison. They were Nazis, swastikas, death heads, sig runes, the whole deal. 

They rode bikes, sold drugs, smuggled drugs, made x amount of money a week as a mule,  robbed people, I heard stories of killings, how they got there, what they did. War stories I call them.

As I remember it, the impression I got was they were racist / white supremacists  before they went to prison, once they became inmates they really didn't like being the racial minority there. The tattoos were jailhouse tattoos, the ideology was Nazi.

I didn't  know them as inmates, I knew them as older, more mellowed out, ex cons,  but even then it was Nixxer Beware.

Nazis are not just  something from history, they're alive and well today in the USA. 

It's borne out of white / racial supremacy. I think it's been downplayed in the history books.  

Downplayed by the history books but now the Cult of hate is going to rewrite the history books to defend their ideology while slandering another.

Silly person.  Texas has been whitewashing its books for years to hold racism true to their hearts.....and yet you haven't complained one bit.  Shocking, eh? If you are worried about history, you could actually do something about it by stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity and speak out against it.

"Silly person"???? Really???

I could "stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity"?????   Really??

That is really quite offensive. Specific examples might be called for.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 29

@rk9152 wrote:

@gruffstuff wrote:

That ignores some things we know about the Brotherhood. It was founded as an all-white prison gang, and the old rules said you had to kill a black inmate to join. A copy of its constitution found in 1994, 10 years after the FBI's analysis, says, "An ARYAN BROTHER is one who shows, gives, and demands his respect where it is due and upholds every moral principle and value of and for all the Elite White Aryan Race." They reportedly use white supremacist literature to attract new members. Prison gangs are still divided along racial lines, though it seems not all inmates are entirely devoted to the cause. 

Never been is prison or even been a defendant in a civil case. However I did spend a lot of time in bars in my drinking days. I knew people that were in the Ayran Brotherhood inside prison. They were Nazis, swastikas, death heads, sig runes, the whole deal. 

They rode bikes, sold drugs, smuggled drugs, made x amount of money a week as a mule,  robbed people, I heard stories of killings, how they got there, what they did. War stories I call them.

As I remember it, the impression I got was they were racist / white supremacists  before they went to prison, once they became inmates they really didn't like being the racial minority there. The tattoos were jailhouse tattoos, the ideology was Nazi.

I didn't  know them as inmates, I knew them as older, more mellowed out, ex cons,  but even then it was Nixxer Beware.

Nazis are not just  something from history, they're alive and well today in the USA. 

It's borne out of white / racial supremacy. I think it's been downplayed in the history books.  

Downplayed by the history books but now the Cult of hate is going to rewrite the history books to defend their ideology while slandering another.

Silly! (edited because we wouldn't want to offend anyone  being referred to as "silly", though "cop-hater" and racist seem to be acceptable,  Rather odd, I'd say.).  Texas has been whitewashing its books for years to hold racism true to their hearts.....and yet you haven't complained one bit.  Shocking, eh? If you are worried about history, you could actually do something about it by stop defending racism at EVERY opportunity and speak out against it.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 29

@gruffstuff wrote:

No wonder so many put up silly pictures, there is no rational way to do that rewrite.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 29

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 29

Hello, EVERYONE,

We are a community of people with diverse beliefs, opinions and backgrounds, so please be respectful and refrain from making hateful and/or incendiary comments. You are free to express your opinions, but you must do so in a way that respects the opinions of others.

please post to the guidelines.

https://community.aarp.org/t5/custom/page/page-id/Guidelines

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 29

@Olderscout66 wrote:

@williamb39198 wrote:

Relate? Suppression of institutions and rule law, what trump is doing, is what leads to dictatorial rulers such as hitler. 

It’s that simple, at least to those who support neither trump, or hitler!

The neoRepublicans have lost the "culture wars" because they refuse to move beyond 1950 on issues of womens rights, minority rights and LGBTQ rights.

Now they want to destroy public trust in our Government so they can continue to discriminate like their daddy did and nobody will be there to stop them.

Then to pour some gravey on that sad puppy they call their dogma, they lable the Truth "fake news" and the ones working to expose and end racism "racist".

Their fascist SCOTUS just might give them a few more years by refusing to rule against Gerrymandering and voter suppression, but in a decade they will be a minority so small not even the mighty Gerrymander and their Foxbased Propaganda Ministry will save them at the polls.

If Ike could see what the fanatics have done to his party, he'd have the same reaction he did when he first visited Ohrdruf.

Well now, LGBTQUE, Fox and Ohrdruf - what happened to the Reagan tax cuts????

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 29

@williamb39198 wrote:

Relate? Suppression of institutions and rule of law, what trump is doing, is what leads to dictatorial rulers such as hitler. 

Yes 'relate" is important when posters throw extraneous jazz in.

How does that relate to Fox or a Mueller/Barr popularity contest?".

It is also worthy of a deeper look at when people throw in generalities like 'Suppression of institutions and rule of law". The President has done neither. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 29

@williamb39198 wrote:

Relate? Suppression of institutions and rule law, what trump is doing, is what leads to dictatorial rulers such as hitler. 

The neoRepublicans have lost the "culture wars" because they refuse to move beyond 1950 on issues of womens rights, minority rights and LGBTQ rights.

Now they want to destroy public trust in our Government so they can continue to discriminate like their daddy did and nobody will be there to stop them.

Then to pour some gravey on that sad puppy they call their dogma, they lable the Truth "fake news" and the ones working to expose and end racism "racist".

Their fascist SCOTUS just might give them a few more years by refusing to rule against Gerrymandering and voter suppression, but in a decade they will be a minority so small not even the mighty Gerrymander and their Foxbased Propaganda Ministry will save them at the polls.

If Ike could see what the fanatics have done to his party, he'd have the same reaction he did when he first visited Ohrdruf.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 29

Relate? Suppression of institutions and rule of law, what trump is doing, is what leads to dictatorial rulers such as hitler. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Now until February 11, play this classic game online at AARP. Get in the game and play now.

jeopardy for aarp logo

Top Authors