Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

Message 11 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

dow jones.png

I'm Still Very Happy I Keep My Secure Lifetime Monthly Pension Payments in a Guaranteed Lifetime Monthly Annuity Payment & Away From This Retirement Roller Coaster

My Father Died at 96

His Sister Turns 95 Next Month

His Brother died at 89

They all outlived the amount they contributed to Social Security and they all outlived the amount they contributed to their Pensions

I doubt any of them would have lived so long if the had to watch this play out everyday if they put their money into this Con Game

How Retirees Can Sit There Everyday and Not Know If Tomorrow They Might Be Broke is Beyond my ability to comprehend...........................

Source - https://www.bloomberg.com/markets/stocks

Up 2,700 so far this year.

Smart retirees are not in volatile markets.

See that's the issue in a Nutshell

Smart People - Educated People - Rich People

Are a Minority - they will always be fine

It's the other 80% I worry about

Well, that explains a lot. 80% of the people are not smart and therefore need to be taken care of. Once out of Mommy and Daddy's basement it is the government.

I can understand the appeal of Marxism for such people. But, I do not think that lowly of the population as a whole - some, sure but not 80%.

You can Divert the discussion with your bogus claims of Marxism - all you want - all most people want is Fairness

I didn't make up this Headline - it's Fact

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds

Forbes.png

THE TOP 400 RICHEST PEOPLE HAVE MORE WEALTH THAN 64% OF EVERYONE ELSE!

CRONY CAPITALISM - DOES NOT WORK - NEVER HAS - NEVER WILL

Source - https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2017/11/09/the-3-richest-americans-hold-more-wealth-than-bot...

No diversion on my part. It was you who said that 80% of the American people are too stupid to manage their own affairs and need the government to take care of them.

Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 12 of 23

Well, that explains a lot. 80% of the people are not smart and therefore need to be taken care of. Once out of Mommy and Daddy's basement it is the government.

Herbert Hoover's "Philosophy of Rugged Individualism" Campaign Speech

On October 22, 1928, Herbert Hoover gave the penultimate speech of his successful presidential campaign entitled, "Principles and Ideals of the United States Government." In that speech, the self-made millionaire expressed his belief that the American system was based on "rugged individualism" and "self-reliance." Government, which had necessarily assumed unprecedented economic powers during World War I, should retreat, and cease to interfere with businesses.

During the early days of the Great Depression, Hoover launched the largest public works projects up until his time. But he continued to believe that problems of poverty and unemployment were best left to "voluntary organization and community service." He feared that federal relief programs would undermine individual character by making recipients dependent on the government. He continued to prioritize the concept of "rugged individualism" even in the face of monumental economic catastrophe.

Comment: 

You and the rest of the Republican Party sound just like Herbert Hoover in 1928.  I don't think Herbert Hoover was a fascist, though he may have been a useful tool for fascist. Now we have  the rise of fascism AND rugged individualism at the same time.

Wonder if one thing leads to another.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 13 of 23

It should be hoped that the thirty pieces of silver for support of tRump and disingenuous fabrications in support of oligarchic thieves and liars has been paid up front - tRump and his fellow criminally dishonest oligarchs are notorious for finding excuses for not paying all of what they promised to pay...

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 23

Buying opportunity

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 15 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

dow jones.png

I'm Still Very Happy I Keep My Secure Lifetime Monthly Pension Payments in a Guaranteed Lifetime Monthly Annuity Payment & Away From This Retirement Roller Coaster

My Father Died at 96

His Brother died at 89

They all outlived the amount they contributed to Social Security and they all outlived the amount they contributed to their Pensions

I doubt any of them would have lived so long if the had to watch this play out everyday if they put their money into this Con Game

How Retirees Can Sit There Everyday and Not Know If Tomorrow They Might Be Broke is Beyond my ability to comprehend...........................

I can understand the appeal of Marxism for such people. But, I do not think that lowly of the population as a whole - some, sure but not 80%.

You can Divert the discussion with your bogus claims of Marxism - all you want - all most people want is Fairness

I didn't make up this Headline - it's Fact

The 3 Richest Americans Hold More Wealth Than Bottom 50% Of The Country, Study Finds

Forbes.png

THE TOP 400 RICHEST PEOPLE HAVE MORE WEALTH THAN 64% OF EVERYONE ELSE!

CRONY CAPITALISM - DOES NOT WORK - NEVER HAS - NEVER WILL

Source - https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahkirsch/2017/11/09/the-3-richest-americans-hold-more-wealth-than-bot...

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 16 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

dow jones.png

My Father Died at 96

His Brother died at 89

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

dow jones.png

My Father Died at 96

His Brother died at 89

" )
" - Anonymous

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

True - smart retirees stay out of volatile markets - they are also nowhere near credulous and easily scammed enough to consider voting for tRump or believing the pathological liar...

Gee- looks like trump followers are not particularly smart - doesn't it?

44>dolt45
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 19 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

dow jones.png

My Father Died at 96

His Brother died at 89

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 20 of 23

@GailL1 wrote:

@mickstuder wrote:

Where do you think that Annuity is invested?  Depending on who manages it - stocks and bonds - or more towards just bonds.  With the later getting less in those lifetime return.

Many people outlive the amount they have contributed to SS or contributory pension - including the amount their employers contributed for the benefit of the employee.

And some people that have done their own management of their retirement funds have enough left over to pass it own to their immediate heirs.  Course these funds don't have to be really dedicated as retirement funds - when you get old, it is all retirement funds.

That's why you invest in some stocks that pay a good / set dividend amount based on the shares you own - not earning - the actualy stock price rise and fall is of no consequence unless you want to sell - why should one sell their shares when the dividend return is still good. 

You can buy funds that can beat the market cause the goals of specific funds differ - there are more "secure ones".  Then as you get older, you want less risk so what you do is invest in Funds that have a blend of stocks and bonds - get older and you keep moving the division more towards bonds.  That is basically the philosophy of "Retirement Funds" with a targeted date of retirement.

But hey, I just opened (2) CDs at a Credit Union on Monday and am getting 3% on one (6 months) and 3.625% (17 months) on the other one and for that type of (secure) money, that's better than it has been for a long while.  You should have seen the number of (older) people there to open them up.  You would have thought i was a run on the bank (credit union) but in this instance they were chasing interest rates and putting money in -

Yeah well - I already have one with 3+% - & wouldn't it be Nice if Good Old American Cash was suddenly a worthwhile Investment - instead of speculation & the current let's get Rich & overnight if possible

" )
" - Anonymous

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Thursday, July 9 – Coronavirus Event

1 p.m. ET - Answering Your Frequently Asked Questions

Call: 1-855-274-9507