Reply
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
142
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

142 Views
Message 1 of 23

@JANMB wrote:


Conservatives use the term marxism or socialism to insult and hopefully shame those who use  social benefits ......so good luck with that....today's citizens are not that gullible.  .  

 

Not this Conservative!!!

 

This Conservative uses the words to refer to an economic system codified by a truly caring man who wanted the best for mankind but (as history has shown) was very, very naive. The people I am talking about today fall into three categories:

1. Those like Marx -  decent but naive;

2. The hate filled who are jealous of the accomplishments of others and want the government to give them a share of the other guy's stuff;

3. Politicians who use the above to get votes.


 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
142
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
149
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

149 Views
Message 2 of 23

@mickstuder wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

americans-hold-more-wealth-than-bottom-50-of-country-study-finds/#209707bb3cf8

 

 

No diversion on my part. It was you who said that 80% of the American people are too stupid to manage their own affairs and need the government to take care of them.



Your Marxism comment was true diversion, it has nothing to do with this topic or anything that Mickstuder has posted in it. Now you add to the diversion by adding  "need the government to take care of them", Mickstuder didn't say that either. Being disingenuous doesn't add to adult discussion.


Well, if 80% of the population is too stupid to take care of their own finances and therefore must depend on the government to control them - what would you call that?

 

And actually, your client did say that. Remember, the point was made as to how to be smart in retirement and that is where the stupid 80% came in - from your client. 


mickstuder never said 80% of the people are - Too Stupid - you said that - those were your words - not his

 

mickstuder said - 80% of the people were Not Smart Enough and the FACTS prove that is true - well unless your argument is - all the people know how to make money and could make the same amount of money as the Top 20% - they just don't want too...................

 

I pointed out that it is not wise to invest in volatile stocks when retired. You said, 

See that's the issue in a Nutshell

 

Smart People - Educated People - Rich People

 

Are a Minority - they will always be fine

 

It's the other 80% I worry about

So, it is the stupid 80% you want the government taking care of - right???

 

Remember, it was investing when retired not a life long career that was the subject.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
149
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
165
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

165 Views
Message 3 of 23

Tired of saying the same thing over again...S S was not meant to be a savings plan ...it was an insurance against poverty.    
US Workers Are Overworked and Underpaid  ---  ITS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT. 


If you are 90+ today---you may have been employed at 50 cents an hour.  ( lol  --hard for young folks to imagine 25 cents an hour )     HOW much money would you been able to  save for retirement off of that ?     Wages didn't rise much at all for most people til in the late 1990's and not enough.     Countries   hope to have thriving capitalism and some free countries  have very generous social benefits to have a successful, healthy and happy country


 Republicans "tend" to favor actions that lift the economy in general for the rich ---and thus aid the poor (RICH folks) indirectly.     Stuff like tax cuts, deregulation, stock buyouts... etc.
Conservatives use the term marxism or socialism to insult and hopefully shame those who use  social benefits ......so good luck with that....today's citizens are not that gullible.  .    

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
165
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
167
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

167 Views
Message 4 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

americans-hold-more-wealth-than-bottom-50-of-country-study-finds/#209707bb3cf8

 

 

No diversion on my part. It was you who said that 80% of the American people are too stupid to manage their own affairs and need the government to take care of them.



Your Marxism comment was true diversion, it has nothing to do with this topic or anything that Mickstuder has posted in it. Now you add to the diversion by adding  "need the government to take care of them", Mickstuder didn't say that either. Being disingenuous doesn't add to adult discussion.


Well, if 80% of the population is too stupid to take care of their own finances and therefore must depend on the government to control them - what would you call that?

 

And actually, your client did say that. Remember, the point was made as to how to be smart in retirement and that is where the stupid 80% came in - from your client. 


mickstuder never said 80% of the people are - Too Stupid - you said that - those were your words - not his

 

mickstuder said - 80% of the people were Not Smart Enough and the FACTS prove that is true - well unless your argument is - all the people know how to make money and could make the same amount of money as the Top 20% - they just don't want too...................

 

80% of the people enjoy lettting the other 20% of the people continue to accumulate more & more wealth - while they sit back with Less

 

You can't have it both ways - there is a significant difference between being Too Stupid & not being smart enough

 

I Submit there are a majority of the US Population who cannot explain or understand Quantum Mechanics - they are not Smart Enough either because they do not posess the necessary skills or aptitude - thats different then accusing them of being - Too Stupid

 

Either 80% of the People Have The Skills To Make As Much as the Top 20% & for some unknown reason simply choose to remain poor

 

Or the 80% do not have the skills or the required lack of conscience and ethics to move into the Top 20%

 

It has to be one or the other - this Matrix is only moving in one Direction - it's not a One-off or some Anomaly - for Decades the Wealth of the USA and in fact that Wealth over the Entire Planet is being accumulated in Fewer and Fewer Hands

 

FACT

 

 

Genius Quote.png

 

 

 

 

( " China if You're Listening - Get Trumps Tax Returns " )

" )
" - Anonymous

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
167
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
173
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

173 Views
Message 5 of 23

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

americans-hold-more-wealth-than-bottom-50-of-country-study-finds/#209707bb3cf8

 

 

No diversion on my part. It was you who said that 80% of the American people are too stupid to manage their own affairs and need the government to take care of them.



Your Marxism comment was true diversion, it has nothing to do with this topic or anything that Mickstuder has posted in it. Now you add to the diversion by adding  "need the government to take care of them", Mickstuder didn't say that either. Being disingenuous doesn't add to adult discussion.


Well, if 80% of the population is too stupid to take care of their own finances and therefore must depend on the government to control them - what would you call that?

 

And actually, your client did say that. Remember, the point was made as to how to be smart in retirement and that is where the stupid 80% came in - from your client. 

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
173
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
180
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

180 Views
Message 6 of 23

@afisher wrote:

   Apparently, some seem to miss the other market happening, which was interest rate inversion.   (look it up).    While some will crow about their new CD's, they seem to entirely miss the bigger picture.    When there is no long term investment, then there is no growth.    Do they really believe that a company is going to build a manufacturing plant when they know the repayment is in 36 months...really?  

    These same sort of people are so myopic that all they can focus on themselves,  the single investor, not corporations or government contracters.    Yep, those are the MAGA folks who have actually outed themselves ( again) that they only focus on themselves.   Even Ayn Rand used social services when older.   


Oh my and sigh - who is only focusing on themselves - or was that just responding to a need to attack fellow posters? And how does MAGA get into it?

 

The discussion is a small dip in the market and one person's view of the stupidity of 80% of the population.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
180
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

190 Views
Message 7 of 23

@rk9152 wrote:

americans-hold-more-wealth-than-bottom-50-of-country-study-finds/#209707bb3cf8

 

 

No diversion on my part. It was you who said that 80% of the American people are too stupid to manage their own affairs and need the government to take care of them.



Your Marxism comment was true diversion, it has nothing to do with this topic or anything that Mickstuder has posted in it. Now you add to the diversion by adding  "need the government to take care of them", Mickstuder didn't say that either. Being disingenuous doesn't add to adult discussion.


"The only thing that man learns from history is that man learns nothing from history."
Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
190
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
1
Kudos
190
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

190 Views
Message 8 of 23

   Apparently, some seem to miss the other market happening, which was interest rate inversion.   (look it up).    While some will crow about their new CD's, they seem to entirely miss the bigger picture.    When there is no long term investment, then there is no growth.    Do they really believe that a company is going to build a manufacturing plant when they know the repayment is in 36 months...really?  

    These same sort of people are so myopic that all they can focus on themselves,  the single investor, not corporations or government contracters.    Yep, those are the MAGA folks who have actually outed themselves ( again) that they only focus on themselves.   Even Ayn Rand used social services when older.   

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Report Inappropriate Content
1
Kudos
190
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
201
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

201 Views
Message 9 of 23

gruff - I'm not sure of your point. You seem to be equating "rugged individualism" and  "self-reliance"with fascism. Or were you just using the Party line meme?

 

BTW - the free market Hoover preferred is the antithesis of fascism.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
201
Views
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly
0
Kudos
207
Views

Re: Oh My Ponzi Market Crashes Again Down 500

207 Views
Message 10 of 23

@Richva wrote:

Buying opportunity


You're right. For those who "play the market" it is.

Report Inappropriate Content
0
Kudos
207
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Top Authors