Honored Social Butterfly

Re: Officers Bent Badges To Mark Each Fatal Police Killing

Message 1 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

Sure - just like in other cases

Remember this one - back in the news again -

Nice distraction Gail, but what about the topic? And I didn't direct my question to you, it was to KidBoy2.

Anybody is free to add to the conversation here -

You seem to have missed this:  

Police Chief Shawny Williams, who became the first African American to head the department in November after the retirement of previous chief, Andrew Bidou, said Friday that he is calling for an outside investigation to begin as early as next week and could take several months. He said the formal investigation follows his initial inquiry into the allegations.

"We've received statements from two different sources within the Vallejo Police Department that badge bending has occurred," Williams said in a statement. "As a result of these very troubling and disturbing allegations, I've asked for an independent outside investigation to be completed by a third party."  He did not immediately say who would conduct the investigation.

Seems to me that as a black man he chooses not head this investigation himself only to have accusations of being biased. There is more than one source within the department. Of course this has been happening and efforts have been made to keep it secret. Looks like it's coming out into the open and the new Chief is taking the right steps.

Funny that no one on the right has said that if this has been happening it is wrong. Very telling actually.

Only Thing Man Learns From History Is Man Learns Nothing From History
Report Inappropriate Content
Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 14

Problem isn't bent badges - it's bent cops.

You do not "notch your gun" if you're not proud of what you are recording, and being proud to have had to shoot a fellow American is NOT what we want nor need from our Police.

We have let Republicans cut taxes and eliminate so many social services and then given responsibility for the outcome to the Police that we've influenced who whats to become a cop in a VERY dangerous way.

Cops now have to deal with all those folks who used to be confined in mental institutions by refusing to properly support the mental institutions. We refused to provide adequate support for our school age kids, and then to deal with the violence they brought to school by using the money we once spent on Nurses and Councilors to put cops in the schools.

Rich people may pay more dollars than the bottom 90%, but the significant thing is paying their taxes has ZERO impact on their life-styles. Time to equalize the sacrifice each of us makes to live in a civilization and the first step is to repeal the Reagan Taxscam and use the huge increase in revenue to restore all those services we now expect Police to deal with. To do that, we must eliminate Republicans from public office by voting them OUT!

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 14

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@GailL1 wrote:

Nice distraction Gail, but what about the topic? And I didn't direct my question to you, it was to KidBoy2.

Anybody is free to add to the conversation here -

And I had already brought it up to you in a previous post in this thread -

Right here:

Screenshot_2020-08-02 Re Officers Bent Badges To Mark Each Fatal Police Killing.png

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 14

@ChasKy53 wrote:

@KidBoy2 wrote:

In Vallejo, California, a former police captain is alleging 

So when proof is shown, you'll admit you were wrong, right? Shouldn't be hard for any decent person to do.

NYT 07/30/2020 - No Charges for Ferguson Officer Who Killed Michael Brown, New Prosecutor Says 

The St. Louis County prosecutor had reopened an investigation into Darren Wilson, who was previously cleared by a grand jury after fatally shooting Mr. Brown in 2014.

Six years after a white police officer shot and killed Michael Brown, a Black teenager, in Ferguson, Mo., another investigation into the killing has come to the same conclusion as the first: The officer should not be charged.

See what I mean - it seem until some people get the answer that they think is right - they just keep going and going and then add that to the numerous people on social media who keep repeating the UNtruth fo guilt.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 14

@KidBoy2 wrote:

So when proof is shown, you'll admit you were wrong, right? Shouldn't be hard for any decent person to do.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 14

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Nothing you have stated discredits this article nor debunks anything in it. You failed to address the bending of badges as a ceremonial symbol of police killings. Why is that? What about this retired captain? Is he a "cop hater"? Does he have to have a negative agenda to tell the truth? What do you think of the badge bending? I think it's disgusting.

My post wasn't to discredit the article - it is an allegation that has to be investigated.  Retired Captain?  I thought the article said "fired".  I have no idea of the truth or fallacy in this situation - that's why they are investigating, a 3rd party investigation.

I only ask if the outcome does not substantiate the allegation - will that be accepted?  It seems that many times we don't even trust the results of investigations and Grand Jury ruling.

The man has 19 years and his retirement is intact. It has also been uncovered that he was fired because of his outspoken statements and criticisms about the police department. "The code" don'tcha know !

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 14

@ChasKy53 wrote:

Nothing you have stated discredits this article nor debunks anything in it. You failed to address the bending of badges as a ceremonial symbol of police killings. Why is that? What about this retired captain? Is he a "cop hater"? Does he have to have a negative agenda to tell the truth? What do you think of the badge bending? I think it's disgusting.

My post wasn't to discredit the article - it is an allegation that has to be investigated.  Retired Captain?  I thought the article said "fired".  I have no idea of the truth or fallacy in this situation - that's why they are investigating, a 3rd party investigation.

I only ask if the outcome does not substantiate the allegation - will that be accepted?  It seems that many times we don't even trust the results of investigations and Grand Jury ruling.

Highlighted
Honored Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 14

@GailL1 wrote:

Lawsuits, whistle blower,  expansive reviews and investigations - let us know when the outcome is available and any reform that may come as a result.

Until then, have they ordered the police to stand down from confrontations / arrest / use of gun - ?

Have they assigned their army of social workers and or psychologist to answer some calls that may possibly have to do with mental illness / some domestic abuse / wellness checks?

Have there been any "sick outs" ?

I am very interested in outcomes of these investigations - when there is an outcome of whatever the truth might be - will we or can we accept it?  Seems we do not accept many of the Grand Jury outcomes in many of these cases - if it comes back as justified, it still remains in the minds of many as unjustified.

Is there a process that can be trusted??

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a health tip to share or a health question to ask?

Check out the Health Tips discussion board today!

Top Authors