Honored Social Butterfly

Of hurricanes and government shutdowns

When the Republican's inability to govern shuts down the government again, let's hope there are no hurricanes at that time and the terrorists are as incompetent as Trump such that they can't plan a big attack. 

Honored Social Butterfly

Texas sure needs a big Government response now and I hope they get it !!!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

Yes indeed there is a hurricane that will hit parts of Texas.

Interestingly, everyone is glued to the National Meterological Service for updates on strenght of winds and best estimate on where it is going to make landfall - along with the damage because of the rare sequence of events with 2 Highs that are boxing in the hurricane, so that damage will be concentrated.

Reminder:  Donald et al want to quit supporting NWS - just because it cost money.   

For most of us, who are paying attention to that "fake" news about this weather event:  we have those who are stuck to far-right stations....   this is for you

Image may contain: text

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Honored Social Butterfly

afisher wrote: 

For most of us, who are paying attention to that "fake" news about this weather event:  we have those who are stuck to far-right stations....   this is for you

I guess those strong winds we are experiencing are part of that "fake news"?   South Texas, in the path of Hurricane Harvey, appreciates your concern.

And for information, fringe winds and possibly rains will affect your area also.  We see frequently the effect it has on your area.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

afisher wrote: 

I guess those strong winds we are experiencing are part of that "fake news"?   South Texas, in the path of Hurricane Harvey, appreciates your concern.

And for information, fringe winds and possibly rains will affect your area also.  We see frequently the effect it has on your area.

I believe the reference was to the following cartoon. 

21034209_10154883172667135_1462752463548262550_n.jpg

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

When the Republican's inability to govern shuts down the government again, let's hope there are no hurricanes at that time and the terrorists are as incompetent as Trump such that they can't plan a big attack. 

Now you are making politics out of hurricanes?  This area is under a hurricane watch, and the President has already premptly declared a disaster for those counties that are affected.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Now you are making politics out of hurricanes?  This area is under a hurricane watch, and the President has already premptly declared a disaster for those counties that are affected.

Stay dry tex. And don't let him get you in a FEMA camp

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@MIseker wrote:

This isn't the only storm I've been through, hurricanes, thyphoons, even flying through one with Air Weather Service friends.  From some posts some others should experience it.  They would probably be supporting laundry services.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@MIseker wrote:

This isn't the only storm I've been through, hurricanes, thyphoons, even flying through one with Air Weather Service friends.  From some posts some others should experience it.  They would probably be supporting laundry services.

Got documentation to post?

44>dolt45
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump's entire presidency is a "declared disaster" ....... declared for the whole country!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Trump's entire presidency is a "declared disaster" ....... declared for the whole country!

Congrats!! Under the circumstances of the hurricane and it's seriousness, you may have achieved the height pettiness.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Congrats!! Under the circumstances of the hurricane and it's seriousness, you may have achieved the height pettiness.

Naw ...... that "achievement" was already claimed by climate change deniers .... watching more frequent and more severe weather while denying its "seriousness" and the "circumstances" which have caused it.

Honored Social Butterfly

@rk9152 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Does that mean you can't carry on with two topics in your head at the same time? Or that does that mean you don't know what you're talking about.

So it begins.
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Only for Smurfs.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Only for Smurfs.

I have no idea what this means. I know Smurfs are little blue cartoon people and people who help launder money by converting it to cashiers checks in amounts under $10K.  

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Richva wrote:

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Only for Smurfs.

I have no idea what this means. I know Smurfs are little blue cartoon people and people who help launder money by converting it to cashiers checks in amounts under $10K.  

You're close! This was referring to the "blue people" that consider Trump's entire presidency is a "declared disaster".

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

Thanks for your concern about us being under a hurricane watch.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You're welcome.

My greater concern, however, is with the drastic climate change which affects US ALL and IS HAPPENING NOW ..... yet Trump refuses to have any "preemptive" actions in place for a far greater disaster!

Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

You're welcome.

My greater concern, however, is with the drastic climate change which affects US ALL and IS HAPPENING NOW ..... yet Trump refuses to have any "preemptive" actions in place for a far greater disaster!

Sorry you missed the fun and games but again, there might have been a laundry problem with those who only can post words but hasn't had the experience of 'riding' out these type storms.

But thanks for the empathy for those who lost their homes and everything this past week, Democrats and Republicans.  Actions like that reveal their true character.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

You're welcome.

Sorry you missed the fun and games but again, there might have been a laundry problem with those who only can post words but hasn't had the experience of 'riding' out these type storms.

Well, I know that a hurricane is hardly any "fun and game" as you stated and that emergency managers told people to leave and NOT "ride out these type of storms" as you also believe. So perhaps your purported experience isn't all that you claim it to be.

But thanks for the empathy for those who lost their homes and everything this past week, Democrats and Republicans.  Actions like that reveal their true character.

Another straw man argument Tex.

I NEVER initiated nor advanced the attitude you imply. You made that up!!!

And "true character" can be identified by people who continually make unsubstantiated and false accusations.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

Well, I know that a hurricane is hardly any "fun and game" as you stated and that emergency managers told people to leave and NOT "ride out these type of storms" as you also believe. So perhaps your purported experience isn't all that you claim it to be.

I doubt you have any idea because you have even made a partisan issue of this.  There is nothing partisan about hurricanes because they address themselves to 'whoever it might concern'.  Emergency managers and the media err on the side of caution and to prevent being accused of not providing proactive information. 

And you still keep up your constant attacks here at a time when we are more concerned with a disaster rather than your same old barnyard manure.   I'm sure the people here that's affected appreciate your selfish concerns. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

I doubt you have any idea because you have even made a partisan issue of this. 

Not true Tex.

There is nothing partisan about hurricanes because they address themselves to 'whoever it might concern'. 

Never said otherwise Tex.

Emergency managers and the media err on the side of caution and to prevent being accused of not providing proactive information. 

Emergency managers are there for a purpose Tex. While you minimize them, others rely on their direction!

And you still keep up your constant attacks here at a time when we are more concerned with a disaster rather than your same old barnyard manure

Another false accusation Tex!

I'm sure the people here that's affected appreciate your selfish concerns. 

Actually Tex, it was you who diminished the hurricane into "fun and games" ..... and then diminished the concerns and warnings of emergency managers.

A reassessment of who has "selfish concerns" and purporting "barnyard manure" is obviously needed!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Actually Tex, it was you who diminished the hurricane into "fun and games" ..... and then diminished the concerns and warnings of emergency managers.

I've mention friends in the past from the Air Force Air Weather Service; I learned a lot from them.  Plus over the years experiencing not only hurricanes, but other disasters.  I have a general idea of whether emergency managers are being cautious or not.  And I've learned not to let disasters to get me down, without ignoring the emphatizing with others.

But there are some who has no regard for those in disaster areas... but then what goes around for them can come back around to hit them.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

I've mention friends in the past from the Air Force Air Weather Service; I learned a lot from them.  Plus over the years experiencing not only hurricanes, but other disasters.  I have a general idea of whether emergency managers are being cautious or not.  And I've learned not to let disasters to get me down, without ignoring the emphatizing with others.

But there are some who has no regard for those in disaster areas... but then what goes around for them can come back around to hit them.

Your questionable experience does not supersede the expertise of emergency managers and your superfluous verbiage does nothing to change the fact that you diminished the hurricane into "fun and games" ..... and then diminished the concerns, warnings and expertise of emergency managers!

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

superfluous verbiage

The superfluous verbiage appears to be coming from you since you have no idea of what anyone has experienced.  It is extremely doubtful that you are aware of topics you are posting about.  Just a need to post accusations.  

Good day...

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

superfluous verbiage

The superfluous verbiage appears to be coming from you since you have no idea of what anyone has experienced.  It is extremely doubtful that you are aware of topics you are posting about.  Just a need to post accusations.  

Good day...

It does not matter what people have experienced. As stated in the original post, Trump and the Republicans had better hope there is not another Harvey or 9/11 when they shut down the government. Especially a terrorist attack as terroists can read a calendar and a newspaper.  It has nothing to do with how bad it is in Texas now except it would be a lot worse without government agencies helping. 

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@myexper wrote:

superfluous verbiage

The superfluous verbiage appears to be coming from you since you have no idea of what anyone has experienced.

Not true Tex.

I know of the so called "experience" you boasted about and that questionable "experience" would in no way surpass the expertise of an emergency manager.

It is extremely doubtful that you are aware of topics you are posting about. 

That's an "extremely" false accusation Tex!

Just a need to post accusations.

Actually  ..... that's exactly what you just did in your previous sentence!  

Good day...

A disingenuous gesture ....

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You're welcome.

Yes, if we only had Hillary, and she imposed a giant carbon tax, and then she gave that money to poorer countries, Harvey would have never come! Pathetic.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@NOTHAPPENING wrote:

@myexper wrote:

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

@Richva wrote:

You're welcome.

Yes, if we only had Hillary, and she imposed a giant carbon tax, and then she gave that money to poorer countries, Harvey would have never come! Pathetic.

If you say so ....

Actually, it would be more helpful "if we only had" a competent president who recognized climate change and its causes. Perhaps storms with the severity and frequency of those like Harvey could be reduced.

Honored Social Butterfly

@TxGrandpa2 wrote:

Fake Outrage: An exapmle of one of the many fallacious arguments presented here. 

Fake outrage, usually generated as a way of trying to create a controversy for the purpose of political smearing. Often used as a weapon of both left and right-wing tards who may or may not use threats to achieve their goals. Usually involves but is not limited to emotional appeals involving issues such as gay rights issues, racism, religion, etc.

These individuals can be easily identified by refusing to engage in logical debate on said issues, because they either are incapable of doing so or they are purposely doing it to 'stir the pot.' Instead, they regurgitate talking points in an attempt to appear educated on a topic when they really aren't.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Does AARP donate to political parties or endorse candidates?

AARP is strictly non-partisan and always has been. We never endorse or donate to candidates, political parties or political action committees.

Learn more.

AARP Members Only Games

Play members only games, like FIll Ins, Lumeno, 2048 and a collaborative, multiplayer Let's Crossword.

Play Now
AARP Members Only Games Logos
AARP Rewards

Solve Crosswords. Earn Rewards. Activate AARP Rewards to earn points for games, quizzes and videos. Redeem for deals and discounts.

Get started with AARP Rewards now!
/html/assets/Rewards-program-badge-355x224.png