Rethink your job search and find opportunities for experienced workers with AARP’s job board.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Of Course, INDIVIDUAL-1 Backs Those RACIST WHITES

Message 1 of 100

@alferdpacker 

I’m with you. I’m white and my wife and I have family members of other races, but I cannot imagine not loving and caring for them not because of the color of their skin, or because of the color or their skin. They are family, and human beings. 

It’s that simple!

Never Forget

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 100

@fangoh45 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to the basketball game - they had a plausible answer to the objections. And, yes, they were harassing the opposing PLAYERS - kids do that.

You do realize that you are rationalizing RACIST BEHAVIOR against BLACK PEOPLE as OK as long as its only kids or as YOU said............... "they were harassing opposing players, kids do that."

You do realize that painting themselves up as Minstrels, in BLACKFACE, is RACIST.... tradition or not.

Well, I've taught my children not to "join the mob" when it comes to these things.

I find that there is NO EXCUSE for that kind of behavior.

If you EXCUSE the behavior because "kids do that"; that's up to you.

And if you excuse kids painting themselves up as Minstrels in Blackface because it has always been done; that also is certainly up to you.

How about college age students (future democratic political leaders of the state of Virginia)?  How about them?  Is it OK to dress in "blackface" for a Halloween costume?  What do you think?

I guess college kids do that.  Some do, most don't grow up to be Governors....at least, not that we know of.  How many Governors can pass that purity test?  I'm from Virginia and I've seen MANY in blackface at Halloween parties.  Many didn't think twice.....

How disingenuous, the liberal mind!  Do you mean the assumptions you just made?  THAT's disingenuous.....

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 100

@Controlled42010 wrote:

Transference of guilt?  This appears to be happening at many different levels, imo.

Racist projection and transference of guilt has been de rigueur in republican/conservative circles ever since the days of Nixon and Reagan - it has gained even greater popularity since Putin's choice won a bogus election...

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 100

Transference of guilt?  This appears to be happening at many different levels, imo.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 100

@fangoh45 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

As to the basketball game - they had a plausible answer to the objections. And, yes, they were harassing the opposing PLAYERS - kids do that.

You do realize that you are rationalizing RACIST BEHAVIOR against BLACK PEOPLE as OK as long as its only kids or as YOU said............... "they were harassing opposing players, kids do that."

You do realize that painting themselves up as Minstrels, in BLACKFACE, is RACIST.... tradition or not.

Well, I've taught my children not to "join the mob" when it comes to these things.

And if you excuse kids painting themselves up as Minstrels in Blackface because it has always been done; that also is certainly up to you.

How about college age students (future democratic political leaders of the state of Virginia)? I guess college kids do that.

How disingenuous, the liberal mind!

No matter how one evades avoids and points "over there" - the irrefutable fact remains that for his entire adult life, INDIVIDUAL 1 has always been a racist - made in-the-closet racism a theme of all of his campaigns - and still backs those RACIST WHITES.

I'm white - neither my wife nor my children, both biological and adopted are white.

Am I a traitor to my race by noticing and commenting upon the fact that most republicans and conservatives tend to be somewhat racially and culturally biased?   Gee I sure hope so!

He is useless on top of the ground - he should be under it - inspiring the cabbages... Mark Twain 1894 - APPLIES TO TRUMP TODAY
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 100

@nctarheel wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

How about college age students (future democratic political leaders of the state of Virginia)? I guess college kids do that.

How disingenuous, the liberal mind!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 100

@cm9889168 wrote:

And have you caught up?  Have you spoken out against the Wayon brothers who dressed up as "White Chicks" for their movie?  Just sayin since you're talking. 

@cm9889168  complained that in an earlier post, I edited out his comments about the movie White Chicks.

Well, here, I will post my comments specific to those comments.

How can you possibly equivocate two comedians making fun of our society to a MOCKING RACIST ACTIVITY that was born to mock those of the BLACK RACE that were enslaved at the time.

I suspect one needs to read the history of BLACKFACE before they minimize how noxious and prejudicial that comparison really is.

Your comparison of BLACKFACE to a singular movie premise minimizes how prejudiced one has to be to don BLACKFACE.

They have to be people like the Virginia Governor who believes that the SLAVES were captured, chained, starved, sold, and all the other horrific things that happened only to be INDENTURED SERVANTS.

The SLAVES were by no means INDENTURED SERVANTS.

Just like WHITE FACE in a movie is not EQUAL to BLACKFACE.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 100

Could not find the video, but here's a picture Snopes ranks as TRUE:

A photograph shows a Covington Catholic High School basketball game with students wearing blackface and/or black body paint in the stands.

Rating

Origin

In the aftermath of a controversy over a viral video that appeared to show students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky mocking a Native American elder while wearing “Make America Great Again” hats, that school came under significant public and news media scrutiny.

In that context, a photograph of some of the school’s students covered in what looked to be black body paint yelling at a black player during a basketball game also went viral:

At least three reasons suggested this photograph was an authentic image. First, the official YouTube page of Covington Catholic posted a (now deleted) video on 24 January 2018 titled “Colonel Crazies Compilation Video” — a reference to the nickname given to that school’s cheering section — which showed numerous students covered in black paint present at several basketball games. One clip could possibly be from the same game shown in the photograph, based on the distribution of painted players and the year (2012) the video was allegedly taken:

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 100

@cm9889168 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

Some people of color think white women shouldn't put their hair in dreads or corn rolls cuz that's a black thing.  Then I guess the black women shouldn't be straightening their hair cuz that's a 'white thing'

Here is yet another example of the philosophy from the 1950's.

Trying to equate hair style usage with the painting of a WHITE MAN'S face in BLACKFACE does nothing but provide proof that the writer believes BLACKFACE to be nothing but a joke to all concerned.

The writer overlooks, on purpose, that the origin of BLACKFACE  was to MOCK people of color who were enslaved at the time.

It is a hurtful image but the writer above makes nothing but fun of it comparing it to HAIR STYLES.

I wonder how long it will take to get certain people's philosophy to leave the '50's decade and earlier and move to the present?

A good plan - let's leave the '50s. We have had our marches, we have had our sit ins, we have had legal action to end segregation, we have had our "upward mobility", we have had our "cultural diversity".

Now it is time to drop the "blacks are unable to achieve in their own so WE have to oversee their lives". 

Now it is time to see black people as PEOPLE.

Now it is time to stop calling kids racists for smiling when having a drum beaten in their faces.

Now it is time to stop calling border security racist.

Now it is time to understand that one cannot imitate Michael Jackson without blackface - blackface not as mocking but as imitating.

And the list goes on........

Touche' one of your better posts.  I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears like my post did with the prior poster taking my comments out of context and missing the whole point. 

Black people are very competent at speaking up for themselves; but sometimes those with 'white guilt' don't see them that way....so whose (who is) *(who's) still living the philosophy of the 50s 60s?

Thus far it appears that the majority of republican/conservative persons to the right of center - especially those that are trump supporters - are still hopelessly stuck living the philosophy of the the (only need one 'the') bigoted and racist 50s and 60s...

Thank you. You responded exactly how I predicted you would.  I must be one of those 'rare' exceptions to your 'assumption' on Trump supporters.  I assume you'll be posting some factual proof that supports your post for us all to read?

Something that seems more ubiquitous is that it is those who are racist (or have white guilt) who keep looking for racism in everything/everyone - making race relations worse.

BTW why edit what I post.....post it all.  I wasn't comparing hair styles to black face....you ignored the rest where I did compare it to the White Chicks movie where the Wayons dressed in 'white face'...guess that didn't fit your agenda.

The only "edit" I did was to add a correction for what is a common homophonic grade school grammar error.

Any other edting was dome done by someone else.

I maintain that the content of your post contains an agenda every bit as obvious as mine.  My so-called 'agenda' is to NOT bring race into everything and that is what I was trying to say in my post.

Tell us - after watching the video of Katelyn Ohashi's floor exercise that recieved received a 10.0 perfect score - given that she used some Michael Jackson music to accompany her floor exercise - should she have competed in blackface?   Would the judges have given her a less than perfect score had she been in blackface?  She was fantastic but I didn't think of 'race' when I watched her, I just rewound it and watched her again and again.  I saw a cute, happy girl who was at the top of her sport.  It is sad that you thought of it by race.

Yep  - I'm proud of my agenda that aims for an America that's completely racially intermixed So are you saying you don't want any race to be purely their own race? I don't care either way because that is what makes our world beautiful - after all - hybrids are generally better than purebreds in most kinds of evaluations...

I corrected your mistakes because I just wanted you to see that we all make mistakes, but don't always call them out...and I won't use any belittling to point out yours.

You did edit mine and other posts and seem to only see what you want. 

This is one:  

"Trying to equate hair style usage with the painting of a WHITE MAN'S face in BLACKFACE does nothing but provide proof that the writer believes BLACKFACE to be nothing but a joke to all concerned."  And you 'assume' again.

My unedited post - "Have you spoken out against the Wayon brothers who dressed up as "White Chicks" for their movie?  Just sayin since you're talking. 

Personally, I liked the movie and the Wayon brothers, too...no matter what color they are.  But why not pick each other apart based on color?  Some people of color think white women shouldn't put their hair in dreads or corn rolls cuz that's a black thing.  Then I guess the black women shouldn't be straightening their hair cuz that's a 'white thing', and it keeps going around and around..."an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".....and all the world will be blind and toothless." 

But you were looking for something to fight about instead thinking about all of what I was saying.  Do you know what it means to 'assume' something?  Wouldn't it be better to post your proof?

Peace

That "eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" saying derives from a primitive theistic superstitious belief system that's popular in some circles - but not at all verifiably factual.

Sorry - as a patriotic American citizen who has been a member of a bi-racial domestic relationship for 44 years - with no children who are white - I am of the opinion that the implications and inferences in the content of your post(s) contain "conservative" positions I have always thought to be unacceptable in this or the last century ...

We each have the right to have and hold our beliefs and opinions - you have yours - I have mine...

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 100

@alferdpacker wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@alferdpacker wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

@rk9152 wrote:

@nctarheel wrote:

@cm9889168 wrote:

Some people of color think white women shouldn't put their hair in dreads or corn rolls cuz that's a black thing.  Then I guess the black women shouldn't be straightening their hair cuz that's a 'white thing'

Here is yet another example of the philosophy from the 1950's.

Trying to equate hair style usage with the painting of a WHITE MAN'S face in BLACKFACE does nothing but provide proof that the writer believes BLACKFACE to be nothing but a joke to all concerned.

The writer overlooks, on purpose, that the origin of BLACKFACE  was to MOCK people of color who were enslaved at the time.

It is a hurtful image but the writer above makes nothing but fun of it comparing it to HAIR STYLES.

I wonder how long it will take to get certain people's philosophy to leave the '50's decade and earlier and move to the present?

A good plan - let's leave the '50s. We have had our marches, we have had our sit ins, we have had legal action to end segregation, we have had our "upward mobility", we have had our "cultural diversity".

Now it is time to drop the "blacks are unable to achieve in their own so WE have to oversee their lives". 

Now it is time to see black people as PEOPLE.

Now it is time to stop calling kids racists for smiling when having a drum beaten in their faces.

Now it is time to stop calling border security racist.

Now it is time to understand that one cannot imitate Michael Jackson without blackface - blackface not as mocking but as imitating.

And the list goes on........

Touche' one of your better posts.  I hope it doesn't fall on deaf ears like my post did with the prior poster taking my comments out of context and missing the whole point. 

Black people are very competent at speaking up for themselves; but sometimes those with 'white guilt' don't see them that way....so whose (who is) *(who's) still living the philosophy of the 50s 60s?

Thus far it appears that the majority of republican/conservative persons to the right of center - especially those that are trump supporters - are still hopelessly stuck living the philosophy of the the (only need one 'the') bigoted and racist 50s and 60s...

Thank you. You responded exactly how I predicted you would.  I must be one of those 'rare' exceptions to your 'assumption' on Trump supporters.  I assume you'll be posting some factual proof that supports your post for us all to read?

Something that seems more ubiquitous is that it is those who are racist (or have white guilt) who keep looking for racism in everything/everyone - making race relations worse.

BTW why edit what I post.....post it all.  I wasn't comparing hair styles to black face....you ignored the rest where I did compare it to the White Chicks movie where the Wayons dressed in 'white face'...guess that didn't fit your agenda.

The only "edit" I did was to add a correction for what is a common homophonic grade school grammar error.

Any other edting was dome done by someone else.

I maintain that the content of your post contains an agenda every bit as obvious as mine.  My so-called 'agenda' is to NOT bring race into everything and that is what I was trying to say in my post.

Tell us - after watching the video of Katelyn Ohashi's floor exercise that recieved received a 10.0 perfect score - given that she used some Michael Jackson music to accompany her floor exercise - should she have competed in blackface?   Would the judges have given her a less than perfect score had she been in blackface?  She was fantastic but I didn't think of 'race' when I watched her, I just rewound it and watched her again and again.  I saw a cute, happy girl who was at the top of her sport.  It is sad that you thought of it by race.

Yep  - I'm proud of my agenda that aims for an America that's completely racially intermixed So are you saying you don't want any race to be purely their own race? I don't care either way because that is what makes our world beautiful - after all - hybrids are generally better than purebreds in most kinds of evaluations...

I corrected your mistakes because I just wanted you to see that we all make mistakes, but don't always call them out...and I won't use any belittling to point out yours.

You did edit mine and other posts and seem to only see what you want. 

This is one:  

"Trying to equate hair style usage with the painting of a WHITE MAN'S face in BLACKFACE does nothing but provide proof that the writer believes BLACKFACE to be nothing but a joke to all concerned."  And you 'assume' again.

My unedited post - "Have you spoken out against the Wayon brothers who dressed up as "White Chicks" for their movie?  Just sayin since you're talking. 

Personally, I liked the movie and the Wayon brothers, too...no matter what color they are.  But why not pick each other apart based on color?  Some people of color think white women shouldn't put their hair in dreads or corn rolls cuz that's a black thing.  Then I guess the black women shouldn't be straightening their hair cuz that's a 'white thing', and it keeps going around and around..."an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth".....and all the world will be blind and toothless." 

But you were looking for something to fight about instead thinking about all of what I was saying.  Do you know what it means to 'assume' something?  Wouldn't it be better to post your proof?

Peace

Kudos
Views