Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Odds of a Recession are 1 in 3 per Bank of America

Message 11 of 14

Another area that I have read about is a bond market inversion, which some see as a big indicator for the future health of our economy along with foreign markets slumping. 

I do not pretend to be an economist, but I can read graphs, and it seems that many indicators are starting to slump. 

Are we watching trump take something decent and running it into the ground?

Remember the book, “everything that trump touches dies”!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 14

Odds of a recession are 1 in 1.

The infantile moron ToadPOTUS has destroyed our relations with all our trading partners so now nobody outside the Republibubble believes anything our Government says.

Since nobody is going to "count on" America, no American business can "count on" a market for their products - latest victim of tRump's 6 year-olds' approach to relationships is the auto industry here and in the EU. Before tRump's Tantrumps, GM sold more US manufactured cars in China than they sold in the US.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 14

you are spot on as usual Cee Tee. Timing is perfect. I just read this about the Farmers and the trade war: I can only they show up in 2020.

Farmers lash out at Trump's trade war. " We are not doing great" as the President says.

"Trump is ruining our markets" they also said.

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Odds of a Recession are 1 in 3 per Bank of America

Message 14 of 14

Recession risk is rising, according to Bank of America. Based on the most recent data, the bank’s global economist now sees a greater than 30% chance of a recession in the next year.

“Our official model has the probability of a recession over the next 12 months only pegged at about 20%, but our subjective call based on the slew of data and events leads us to believe it is closer to a 1-in-3 chance,” Bank of America global economist Ethan Harris said in a note to clients Monday.

Uncertainty around the U.S.-China trade war and a global economic slowdown have caused interest rates to tumble and weighed on the major stock averages in recent weeks. Last month’s jobs report showed a strong consumer, but business investment is low as investors and business owners juggle new tariffs and fiscal policy uncertainty.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/12/bank-of-america-raises-chance-of-a-recession-to-1-in-3-in-the-next-1...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors