Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Odds of a Recession are 1 in 3 per Bank of America

Message 1 of 14

Well today we saw an 800 drop in the Dow which continues the warning signals. As a poster pointed out the Bond inversion came  and that has always told us Recession is on the way. Lets start off this will be a world wide recession brought on by Donald Trump. How long. Well by experts on Bloomberg TV  it  could take up to 2 years to arrive. Germany has had one qtr. of negative growth. If it gets a second one end of Sept. they enter recession and would be the first. Main cause of this all experts agree Trumps trade war, and his total lack of knowledge in any part of this area, plus all weak people advising him. His tax cuts were not paid for so in the long run they have not worked, and we are now seeing that. The lack of world leadership which has allowed many crisis around the world to happen, and not be handled like Middle East, dropping out of nuclear agreement with Russia, etc. Manufacturing is dropping all over the world and that is starting to impact number of people working around the world. India, Pak. current fight (both have A weapons). This is another gift from the people of the US who voted for trump to the world.  Lets hope people come to their senses in 2020 and do not reelect Trump but sadly that will not prevent the world wide recession from taking hold. Our next President could spend 8 years cleaning the mess up like Obama did after Bush 2, and Bush 2 at the end realized what a mess he had. You can be sure Trump will never realize that due to his mental problems.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 14

The writing was on the WALL.    

Last year our TARIFF DEFICIT was HIGHER.     The country is overwhelmed in personal debt..... half the country is underpaid or underemployed or both.  The better paying jobs are scarce and more people are in need financial assistance ( like our farmers)   and  millions don't have proper medical care.     

The wealthy and their corporations got their tax cuts....but they aren't going to hire people they don't need.....they'll pocket the money off shore and can ride out a recession without a problem.  

Now if you voted republican in this decade.....look in the mirror cause it's your fault.   

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 14

On Wednesday not only did the 20 yr Treasury rate inversion occur but the 30 year is also in trouble:   https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/14/us-30-year-bond-yield-falls-to-record-low-threatens-to-break-below-2...

So much "winning" - NOT!

PRO-LIFE is Affordable Healthcare for ALL .
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Odds of a Recession are 1 in 3 per Bank of America

Message 4 of 14

Today, the Bond Market flashed a RECESSION WARNING. At the early stages, the DOW was down over 400 poiints.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 14

CriticalThinking,

Thank you for the time and research on your post. Thanks for sharing this with me. Also, thank you to all the other stable minded individuals for their posts. None of us are President, however, we are far more stable. Some of you show your real genius in your posts. You keep on sharing the truth. Nancy

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 14

@gordyfl wrote:

I think that number should be higher.

That 1 in 3 seems to fit with what many so-called experts are saying, but my gut feeling, along with what I'm seeing and hearing around me, seems like rough times are on the horizon. People around me are on the verge of losing their jobs to technology, and they know it. Once they lose their jobs, the chain reaction will kick in. Those layoffs could come in bunches....or it could be gradual. 

Correctomundo gordyl - BoA has ALREADY increased their odds of a recession from 35% TO 50%, and they did that on 8 August 2019.

Considering the tRump Trade Wars and Taxscams for the rich, I still think it's a slam-dunk for a serious downturn in the next six months. Wall Street has already adjusted prices downward in their anticipation of another Republican Depression.

Like economic growth THAT INCLUDES HIGHER WAGES FOR WORKERS?

GET RID OF THE REPUBLICANS WHO GIVE EVERYTHING TO THE RICH!

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 14

Watch Bloomberg Business TV. These past few days we had experts from all over the world saying the recession is on the way due to mainly Trumps trade war. The time line varies but a number say it will be under way in 2022. Notice that hopefully will be after we have gotten rid of Dictator Trump. It does prove there is a lag in what happens with the economy. That could mean we will see the far right and others trying to blame the President in 2022 for the mess created by Trump. I am sure if Trump is gone it will be less severe as people who can think will be incharge and take steps to fix the problems.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 14

I think that number should be higher.

That 1 in 3 seems to fit with what many so-called experts are saying, but my gut feeling, along with what I'm seeing and hearing around me, seems like rough times are on the horizon. People around me are on the verge of losing their jobs to technology, and they know it. Once they lose their jobs, the chain reaction will kick in. Those layoffs could come in bunches....or it could be gradual. 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 14

Thankfully we have a Stable Genius at the helm , so no worries.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 14

the entire GOP is standing by watching Trump drive the economy into the ground.  Look at NAFTA, all the uncertainty, all the Trump threats, and all he got was a name change. 

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors