Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obviously, God is punishing us for electing Trump

Message 21 of 42

Mlseker wrote-DOnt you believe God is more powerful than the devil?----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Perhaps more powerful so that leads me to believe that you think God and the devil are in cahoose because they are allowing disasters to hit US.  Just my observation but with Harvey it seems it was the poor and the minorities that got hurt the worse. Most of them were Democrats. Guess God was punishing Texas and wasn`t particular if they were Democrats or Republicans or whether they were hanging on to their guns and bibles. God can be very vengeful.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 22 of 42

Richva wrote-LOLOLOLOL Like when Robert Jefress, the mega church preacher who said God gave Trump permission to bomb North Korea???---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------What did I miss ? When did Trump bomb North Korea?  Another figment of your imagination? When and if Trump bombs North Korea I don`t think he has to consult Jefress . Didn`t ask his permission when he bombed Syria. Thanks for your fake new update. LOL LOL LOL

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 23 of 42

Just when you think some cannot sink any lower, along comes a topic using national tragedies to attack religion and someone named "Lemontop".

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 24 of 42

Unless....................naw, there is no such thing as man made global climate change. It Couldn't be THAT!

Belief in God and science, in this case climate change aren't mutually exclusive, people can believe in both. If their belief in God helps them save the planet, feed the poor, defend the oppressed, shelter the homeless and so on their belief is a good thing. 

Personally I think that is how evolution made humans, to be able to believe in God, to do good or bad things. It's not weird, or mystical, or even superstitious, it's just how the human mind has been wired to work though millions of years of evolution, it's natural.

The decisions we make define who we are as humans.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 25 of 42

God, being Omniscient and all, knows that the worst punishment He could send us for electing Der Trumper is having Lemontop as POTUS.

The Hurricanes are a "gift" from Big Carbon greedmongers and nincompoops who continue to foul our nest while telling us climate change is NOT our fault.

God gave us the brains to know we ARE responsible and CAN do something about it, but He also gave us Free Will so we elect Republicans who refuse to admit Al Gore is right so they do nothing.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 26 of 42

I have two daughters in So. Florida one in Vero Beach and the other in Ft. Lauderdale, and I don't think that the Lord has anything against them so if he doesn't like Trump there are millions of people out there in that area that the Lord is taking care of.

no name
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 27 of 42

@easyed598 wrote:

Perhaps author should stay inside during lighting storms . God doesn`t appreciate invoking his name when bad things happen. Why not blame the Devil for the two hurricanes because we didn`t elect Hillary.

@easyed598,

Staying inside during a LIGHTING (SIC) storm is the worst place to be.

As those 100W, 75W, and 25W bulbs start exploding; you want to be as far away from the action as possible.

It is still unknown what happens in a LIGHTING (SIC) storm of LED or HALOGEN lights as there is not as much documentation of same.

Hopefully, LIGHTING (SIC) storms will slow down once TRUMP is removed from office.

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 28 of 42

@Richva wrote:

Well, if the religious whack-a-doodles won't say it, I will. Two of the worst hurricane events in American history back-to-back?  It has got to be God's wrath for electing a corrupt, incompetent, racist, immoral person like Donald Trump to lead us. 

Unless....................naw, there is no such thing as man made global climate change. It Couldn't be THAT!

Well ......... I'll go with the climate change thing anyway!

DUMP TRUMP AND DITCH MITCH TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 29 of 42

john just reminded me.  The agents of God here on earth routinely tell the flock that the more they give the more they will be rewarded.... here too...not just in the hereafter. 

I once said something critical of televangelists....you know, how it would be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God.  Essentially I got told that was 'fake news'.....what those guys said really wasn't what they really meant to really say.  Nothing new about that excuse, coming from that sector...same old, same old.

Just so sources are recognized, that would be the gospels Matthew 19:24, Mark 10:25, Luke 18:25....and Jeremiah too, sort of, but that goes back before their time.

So....I take that to be a commentary about greedy men, how they justify being greedy, and how abominable both they and that practice is. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 30 of 42

Or to take it one step further, perhaps God is punishing us because electing crooked and/or incompentent politicians is all we've been doing for the last 50 years.

Or maybe he's sore at us because we almost always reelect the same crooked and/or incompetent people to CONGRESS, despite the fact that we only give Congress around a 25% approval rating.

WE are the ones who keep electing poor politicians (from both parties) to office time after time, so perhaps God is the only one who realizes these bad leaders do NOT elect themselves!  It appears that WE sure don't understand that.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

AARP Call-in Event: Coronavirus: Maintaining Your Well-Being

Ask experts about the coronavirus, learn how to protect yourself, stay connected and cope with stress and anxiety brought on by the pandemic. Join AARP for a special call-in event April 9, at 1:00 pm (EDT).

You can participate by calling toll-free 1-855-274-9507.

Learn more about the event on our Tele-Town Hall page.

Top Authors