Take the AARP Smart Driver course and you could save on auto insurance! Sign up today.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obstruction of Justice

Message 31 of 55

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

"LOL!! Are you not aware that Congress does not have the power to Prosecute anybody?"

After receiving legal advice from a member of the Trump Cult, I'm LOL. 

Congress can refer any evidence it uncovers during their investigations to the Justice Department for prosecution. But if there's no evidence of a crime, there can't be a referral.

BINGO!! That was all they could do and the corrupted elements of the DOJ protected her.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obstruction of Justice

Message 32 of 55

"LOL!! Are you not aware that Congress does not have the power to Prosecute anybody?"

After receiving legal advice from a member of the Trump Cult, I'm LOL. 

Congress can refer any evidence it uncovers during their investigations to the Justice Department for prosecution. But if there's no evidence of a crime, there can't be a referral.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 33 of 55

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

Thank you oceanedge2, Mueller is a man of integrity.

Think about this. There were 9 separate investigations of HIllary by a heavily biased team of Republican Congressmen and they could never file a single criminal charge against her. What members of Trump's Cult seem to forget is a prosecutor needs evidence to prove his or her case in a court of law.

LOL!!

Are you not aware that Congress does not have the power to Prosecute anybody?

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obstruction of Justice

Message 34 of 55

Thank you oceanedge2, Mueller is a man of integrity.

Think about this. There were 9 separate investigations of HIllary by a heavily biased team of Republican Congressmen and they could never file a single criminal charge against her. What members of Trump's Cult seem to forget is a prosecutor needs evidence to prove his or her case in a court of law.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 35 of 55

@jimc91

I am confident that Mr Mueller has the integrity to do a good job.

If that is true jim it would make sense for you to stop using the "any reason" claim as a ridiculous lie that contradicts your own words of confidence.  You seem to be a bit mixed up.  Prosecutors do not use "any reason" to bring charges.

Please note:  Mueller's responsibility to uncover crimes is not partisan.  You do not need to keep "looking forward to the next Special Council"A year of sunsets on that idea should make it perfectly clear as to why that is not necessary.

Obama’s key people....understand there is a very real possibility their behind the scene actions would come out and for some of them criminal charges will apply.

Like you jim, they believe, "Mr Mueller has the integrity to do a good job".

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 36 of 55

@CriticalThinkingwrote:

The only people who know if Trump will be charged with obstruction of justice are Mueller and his team. The rest of us are doing nothing more than guessing. However, based upon Trump's behavior since he became President, it appears to be very likely.

I thought the investigation was theoretically about the campaign and election. Sound like you are coming around to my thinking that it is all about "get Trump by any means necessary".

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obstruction of Justice

Message 37 of 55

The only people who know if Trump will be charged with obstruction of justice are Mueller and his team. The rest of us are doing nothing more than guessing. However, based upon Trump's behavior since he became President, it appears to be very likely.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 55

Thats likely wishful thinking on Holders part.  He would like nothing more than to see Trump removed for any reason in hopes the “other investigation” will fade quietly into the sunset.  When Hillary lost the election many of Obama’s key people began to understand there is a very real possibility their behind the scene actions would come out and for some of them criminal charges will apply.

Yep, Holder and many of his team mates are anxious to see Mr Trump go away.  I am confident that Mr Mueller has the integrity to do a good job.  I am now looking forward to the next Special Council to be appointed to pick up where the IG leaves off on the “Other Real Investigation” that was never suppose to see the light because Hillary was going to win... Remember, Trump has no chance of winning.   LOL!!!

VIMTSTL
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Obstruction of Justice

Message 39 of 55

Obstruction of Justice, unlike the vague collusion term, is actually a federal law. A prosecutor must prove various elements of the federal statute. If that happens with Trump, I'm sure his cult members won't believe it.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 55

@Olderscout66wrote:

They found a tape of Nixon telling his people "you could always just say "I don't remember", and that wouldn't really be a lie"

They have the email of Der Trumper telling jrtrump and Jarad to tell the FBI they were discussing adoptions when they met with the KGB.

Nixon was charged with Obstruction of Justice. He resigned to avoid removal from office and Ford pardoned him so he never went to trial.

Der Trumper will be charged with obstruction of justice and conspiracy against the United States and will try and start a war with North Korea to divert attention from his impending move the The House of Many Doors.

Makes you kinda wish we had a less blood thursty crook like Nixon as POTUS.

Sorta sounds like Clapper before the Congress. As a matter of fact, Hillary seemed to have memory problems before the Congress also. Seems like the Nixon theory cuts both ways.

Kinda like forgetting when Delta Airlines moved to GA.

Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have you taken a memorable trip to a destination others should know about? Post a Trip Report

city skyline captured on tablet

Top Authors