Getting ready to enroll in Medicare? AARP’s Medicare Made Easy has the resources you need to help you make the right choices.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Obama breaks his silence on repealing the Affordable Care Act

Message 1 of 6

Doglover52-- Thank you for bringing that to our attention. I was not aware of that broadcast, but I will be sure to pull it up and watch it. It is absolutely amazing, is it not, to hear an eloquent, graceful,  intelligent,  learned man, such as Obama speak after having been subjected to the infantile blather of little Donnie, isn't it? 

Gee, I miss having a real President!!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

I noticed MSNBC was the only  network to broadcast Pres Obama receiving the "Profiles In Courage" award last night from JFK Center in Boston,Mass.

I thought he gave a wonderful speech with grace,humor,no mention of the 'idiot' who now lives at White House. I really miss Obama.

My only complaint about the coverage,I would of liked to watched James Taylor sing a couple songs ,we only got to hear one.Instead we had to listen to Chris Matthews and guests 'kill time' before the  ceremony started Sue

Walkers Take It All In Strides
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

Oceanedge2--Yes, trump has more than a few of the cowardly leader's characteristics.  But ya know what really hit me? Both trump and the cowardly lion are orange!! 

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

"....but it takes great courage to champion the vulnerable and the sick and the infirm," Obama said.

Cong.critters currently avoiding their constituents lack courage of any kind.  Obama has a leg to stand on, whereas, they do not.

Related image

But I could show my prowess
Be a lion, not a mouse
If I only had the nerve

Wizard Of Oz - If I Only Had A Nerve Lyrics | MetroLyrics

You remember the Cowardly Lion from The Wizard of Oz, don’t you? He was supposed to be the king of the jungle, but he had no courage......

Let’s face it. Leading others is hard. There is often loneliness to leadership. Leadership takes great courage.

You have no doubt encountered cowardly leaders. Perhaps would even admit you’ve been one too.

Here are 7 characteristics of cowardly leadership:

Say what people want to hear. The might say, for example, “I’ll think about it” rather than “No” – even no is already the decided answer. I get it. It’s easier. But the ease is only temporary. These leaders are notorious for saying one thing to one person and another to someone else. They want everyone to like them.

http://ronedmondson.com/2015/09/7-characteristics-of-of-cowardly-lion-leadership.html

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Richva--lord, I miss thIs wonderful, intelligent, caring man. 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views
Replies

Obama breaks his silence on repealing the Affordable Care Act

Message 6 of 6

President Obama added some civility and substance to the discussion concerning the repeal of the ACA. He is advising the members of Congress to demonstrate courage in the face of a call to impetuous action. 

BOSTON - Barack Obama on Sunday night called on members of Congress to exercise the "political courage" to not repeal Obamacare - his first public comments about the law since the House voted to repeal it on Thursday, and a rare entry into the current political debate since leaving office.

"I hope that current members of Congress recognize it takes little courage to aid those who are already powerful, already comfortable, already influential - but it takes great courage to champion the vulnerable and the sick and the infirm," Obama said.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/07/obama-courage-health-care-238094

Kudos
Views
Replies